Cilla Black is preparing us for the worst!!

OMG I have just seen Cilla on the TV advertising Life Insurance..... Like that Carol Vordermouth

How desperate can you get........

Hanging on to fame ,

Go away Cilla and retire god damn you

Comments

• CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Once had the unfortunate experience of seeing Cilla in panto. There was however a priceless moment when Cilla asked the audience what she should do to kill off the "baddy" and a kid shouted out "sing to him Cilla". She wasn't impressed.
  • TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CFCJM1 wrote: »
    Once had the unfortunate experience of seeing Cilla in panto. There was however a priceless moment when Cilla asked the audience what she should do to kill off the "baddy" and a kid shouted out "sing to him Cilla". She wasn't impressed.
    that made us chuckle in the catbox :D:D:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Celo wrote: »
    OMG I have just seen Cilla on the TV advertising Life Insurance..... Like that Carol Vordermouth

How desperate can you get........

Hanging on to fame ,

Go away Cilla and retire god damn you
    Vordermouth can go to hell
    Black is already there!
  • ILoveMyDogILoveMyDog Posts: 26,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hahahahahahaha

I've heard she is a right bitch IRL
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 367
    Forum Member

Definitely worth the price of the ticket.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

ROFL!

The last I saw of Cilla was Blind Date, ages ago.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member

Classic! :D
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't she shacked up with the Reading Chairman? John Mjadaski (SP?)
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've heard she's quite nasty, too. Never bought the chummy faux-Scouse 'I'm everyone's best mate, me, chuck, and a lorra lorra laffs' attitude. Insult to Liverpudlians. She should be glad of the packet she's earned and go retire to her villa.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are right - she is nasty. I was going to start a thread on it ages ago - i think it started with the 'Have you ever met a rude celebrity' thread and escalated from there.
    I worked at Harveys and in conversation asked who the rudest customer was (I also knew someone who was a tailor at Harrods) - the answer? Both said Cilla black. - Apparently she refused to speak to the tailor and would speak to her assistant to tell the tailor what to do - right infront of her.

I spoke to someone who woks at Karen Millen and again i asked if anyone was rude - the answer? Cilla Black - she seems to spread misery where ever she goes - do you think the british public are fooled? She seems to be a national treasure and yet she is vile.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Brilliant. I bet the old crow loved that. :D

She's one of the 'old school' in that she thinks the red carpet should be rolled out wherever she goes. Shame she doesn't have the talent to match the ego. :rolleyes: :p
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member

Priceless, I loved it! Sometimes the truth hurts!! I used to like Cilla but she was on Paul O'Grady or some other talk show and she was so full of herself, talking about what she had achieved with her career, her houses in Portugal, Mexico, England, etc etc. I thought she was so insincere, using the old Liverpool working class image but really underneath, as hard as nails!! I was very disillusioned.:(
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Just remembered! Isn't Cilla advertising some sugar substitute, I cannot remember the name of it but I thought it was ridiculous as she has never had a weight problem her whole life. Quite honestly I think she is much too thin now and is developing a lollypop head on an extremely thin body. Honest to God, these celebs never seem to have enough money, no matter how rich they are yet they still turn up on our TVs advertising, selling, buy,buy,buy!! UGH.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't she shacked up with the Reading Chairman? John Mjadaski (SP?)

I dont think so now but then again he might like her singing in the bath :D
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now that 'our Bobby' has sadly departed this mortal coil, 'our Cilla' seems to think she's 18 again. Put it away love - you're almost 70:eek:
  • fi~fi~ Posts: 5,481
    Forum Member
    i thought you were gonna say she was gonna start singing again :eek:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that a nasty thread.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    coruna wrote: »

But deserved. :D I always think she could be Macca in drag. Has anyone ever seen them in the same room?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coruna wrote: »

its only because she was "a friend of the beatles" and now she thinks still has it when in reality should be locked away basketweaving!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    You are right - she is nasty. I was going to start a thread on it ages ago - i think it started with the 'Have you ever met a rude celebrity' thread and escalated from there.
    I worked at Harveys and in conversation asked who the rudest customer was (I also knew someone who was a tailor at Harrods) - the answer? Both said Cilla black. - Apparently she refused to speak to the tailor and would speak to her assistant to tell the tailor what to do - right infront of her.

I spoke to someone who woks at Karen Millen and again i asked if anyone was rude - the answer? Cilla Black - she seems to spread misery where ever she goes - do you think the british public are fooled? She seems to be a national treasure and yet she is vile.

I heard the same thing about Bruce Forsyth. He's meant to be the same.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're all the same. Delusions of grandeur and using the 'working-class' image as a smokescreen.

I can imagine that 'Our Cilla is a real diva.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh heaven forbid we haven't got this croaky old hag bag advertising insurance and stairlifts on TV now, her singing is bad enough...once again we have to put up with her fake face and goofy teeth during every ad during Columbo...:eek:

I've heard that Gloria Huniford can also be a nasty piece work too...One of my brothers friends worked at BBC Pebble Mill and he said that no one wanted to work with her because she was a bit of cow..if nothing was right she'd cause merry hell and try and get people sacked for the smallest of things..this is what I have heard whether it's true is anyones guess..:eek: but she doesn't sound nice at all!!
  • julia1411julia1411 Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    fi~ wrote: »

I thought it was to be a new tv show! Thank goodness we were wrong!
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fi~ wrote: »

That wouldn't be fair to all the local cats! (sorry Mr & Mrs T.- I see you've bobbed into this thread).

As I said in another thread, I saw her on 'This Morning' a few months back, doing a cookery slot (of all things!!!). She seemed like she was sloshed, or extremely hung over. It was really odd.

Sheesh, and at that time of the morning!
    Bet there was a bit of a panic in the green room.
    Even Fern & Phil (I think those two were presenting that day) were struggling to keep things going.

Either that or she was in 'I'm only doing you a favour by being here...this is really beneath me!' mode???
  • sunnymegsunnymeg Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My uncle knew her family years ago and said she was always a bit of a cow, but then she had to be to survive where she came from. Apparently her husband Bobby was a lovely bloke and a lot of the work she got was as a favour to him rather than because of her looks or talent.