The Real Housewives of Orange County starts Monday 31st January at 3:40pm on ITV2!

Comments

• bossoftheworldbossoftheworld Posts: 4,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bunny55 wrote: »
    I agree about Tamra's son. I initially thought the stepfather was hard on him, but when he went and had the tattoo and never got a job for three months, I realized why. Then he was whining he was working for 10 dollars an hour when he wanted to be an executive at Mercedes:rolleyes: He didnt go to college did he??

Quinn came in quick and appeared to have two men really quickly, which was confusing me. I would dump the golf guy correcting me over the pronounciation. He would have been wearing the bread:D:D

I thought Tammy did work, but I dont know what she does.

Vicky is now starting to grate a bit, with the drinking and the loud screaming. If she was my friend and kept hitting me, we would have to have words.

I like that Lauri will not allow her kids to be spongers and is now saying she wants to rent the townhouse, as it didnt sell, to cover the mortgage. Its making her daughter be more responsible. Obviously with the son and the drugs, shes struggled.

Im wanting to find out how the American housing recession affected the realtors in the next three series. Im hoping that they do run them back to back on ITV2 as Im quite in to the characters.

Thanks Bunny - I didn't know that Josh's problem was with drgus (I missed the first few episodes). That's a real shame - she seems to be doing such a good job with Sophie and absolutely adores her doesn't she. Ashley seems OK at times and I couldn't blame her for not wearing that tiny bikini. I wouldn't really call driving round promoting drinks a 'proper' job but at least she's doing something.

OMG I'd forgotten about that tattoo - and I agree about Simon - he did seem tough at first but can't blame him. Also I have a feeling about his 'assistant' I don't know but him being away from home 15 hours a days - that's a lot. Tamra is good looking but she's quite high maintenance.

Vicki was doing my head in in the back of the car about the rent. I felt really sorry for Jeana and Jeana is far far too nice to have a friend like that.

I just wish it was on more often as I really like it now.

(such a saddo I am!)
  • zippy00zippy00 Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    I had to laugh when Quinn was at her boyfriends birthday party, a bit of an atmosphere going on there and then her saying afterwards she thought it went well :D

It's funny watching them now bragging about money when we know whats coming. I wonder how honest they will be about it. Not sure if I missed a bit at the start of series 3, but what happened about Lauri's jewellery business, anyone know?

I never thought i'd say this about the slime ball, but i'm quite missing Slade :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :) For anyone interested, The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills starts tonight on the Biography Channel at 11pm.

It's only just finished airing in the States and is by far and away my favourite of all the HoW's shows.
    These women are seriously rich!

:eek: Though having watched the first episode of the new season of Orange County I think that'll win in the drama stakes. The OC lot are all biatches, and they look and act like trailer trash compared to BH.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tally wrote: »
    :) For anyone interested, The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills starts tonight on the Biography Channel at 11pm.

It's only just finished airing in the States and is by far and away my favourite of all the HoW's shows.
    These women are seriously rich!

:eek: Though having watched the first episode of the new season of Orange County I think that'll win in the drama stakes. The OC lot are all biatches, and they look and act like trailer trash compared to BH.

Thanks for the heads up I think I'll put a series link in and it will be good to watch one right from the start.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gretchen has just come into the series tonight, with her terminally ill fiance. She was telling the daughter to get a job and she asked where Gretchen's job was. Gretchen ends up with Slade, so its interesting to see how she starts out.

I thought the last couple of episodes with the christian Quinn, dressed up in the wig and playing norty with the boyfriend, who wouldnt be "born again", were good. I think shes naturally the most attractive of the group, but trying to find a man with her beliefs is hard - also acting like a strumpet must be confusing.

Im loving that they are showing each series back to back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    I think we are into series 4 now on ITV2.
    I realize Quinn has left..I liked her but Tammy hasn't appeared yet in this series.
    Did anybody else find it a bit creepy when Tammy was pushing her youngest daughter, Lindsey to lie on the bar and pose sexily in a bikini -is she not like 17 or something?!

I think it's very clear Tamra feels threatened by Gretchen.

BUT HOW IRRITATING IS VICKY!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cassie1990 wrote: »
    IBUT HOW IRRITATING IS VICKY!

I'm up to Series 6 and the only thing that's consistent is how much I loathe Vicky. Her poor daughter and son. I'd flee America if I was her child.
    Suffice it to say she's worse than ever in the latest series. Does she really think she's the bees knees? I feel sorry for her staff, she must be a nightmare employer.

And I do NOT need to see Slade Smiley walking around in just a towel. UGH Gretchen, find someone who's not such a leeching famewhore.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sees that some people are at different stages of this series.

For me it's just started with Gretchen in it. She seems OK but spoilt and obviously after a 'sugardaddy' Loved it when she told Vicky that just 'cos she was the new housewife Vicky had no right to tell her to shut up - GOOD FOR YOU GRETCHEN.

Vicky is the worse of the worse mother. She's self-absorbed, selfish, greedy, attention seeking, loud, ignorant, obnoxious etc etc. I feel sorry for her husband who is such a nice bloke.

Bossing her kids around and more or less dragging them to Mexico with her - when her son said he didn't want to go why couldn't she have gone with her hubby instead.

I don't think she even likes her hubby.

Quinn was annoying me a bit though when she kept going on about the 'beast' inside I don't think any guy could be bothered with her - she seems to think hers is made of gold.!! (sorry to be crude). As for her and Vicky being christians - hmmmm - aren't christians supposed to be humble and selfless. BTW that wig looked silly on her I thought.

Has Quinn had a boob job - her boobs are massive - and Tamra's look bigger than they were before she got them reduced. Tamra's bitchy but she does make me laugh.

Slade's wasn't in last nights episode and I'm with you I don't really wanna see Slade Slimey - good description of him Tally!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im not going to spoil it, but Ive been reading whats happening in all the other series and I cant believe how it changes in the next three series.

Vicky is really getting on my pip and Im not warming to Tam. Its going to get interesting with her and Gretchen.

Although I feel sorry for the poor guy who is dying, I just cant understand wealthy men who dont see that someone is with them for their money. He has young kids and should have been thinking of them and not indulging Gretchen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bunny I've done a quick google search and found that this series is really just one of the early ones - so there's a lot more to come!

Last nights episode they (Vicky's family and Tamra's) all went to Havasu and Jeana was supposed to be staying in the villa next door but stayed in town (why wasn't Jeanna actually invited to stay at Vicky's villa? I noticed that last year when they went that her and Tammy had to stay in town rather than in Vicky's). Anyways Jeanna turned up at a pub place and that guy Frankie was there.

It was funny watching Vicky's reaction. LOL I don't like Vicky one bit but on saying that Jeanna must have known how Vicky would react - perhaps getting her own back on Vicky for not letting her stay at her villa????

Anyway the new girl Lynn - she seems OK but doesn't half spoil them kids. I seriously think that those wives need to stay out of the sun. All of their skin looks so dried up.

Laurie has left now - she's going to concentrate on her family more.

She was well getting on my nerves anyway. She acts all goody two shoes and talks so quietly that she appears really nice. But IMO she's totally selfish and greedy. When her and George went to the spa she was saying how they REALLY needed it - WTF is she doing that she needs that PMSL.

Also she keeps saying 'I have 7 kids' NO YOU DON'T YOU SILLY WOMAN. For a start off the only 'kids' we see are Ashley, Mackenzie and Sophie (and Ashley and Mackenzie are 18 and 22).

She just annoys me (sorry - rant over).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bunny I've done a quick google search and found that this series is really just one of the early ones - so there's a lot more to come!

Last nights episode they (Vicky's family and Tamra's) all went to Havasu and Jeana was supposed to be staying in the villa next door but stayed in town (why wasn't Jeanna actually invited to stay at Vicky's villa? I noticed that last year when they went that her and Tammy had to stay in town rather than in Vicky's). Anyways Jeanna turned up at a pub place and that guy Frankie was there.

It was funny watching Vicky's reaction. LOL I don't like Vicky one bit but on saying that Jeanna must have known how Vicky would react - perhaps getting her own back on Vicky for not letting her stay at her villa????

Anyway the new girl Lynn - she seems OK but doesn't half spoil them kids. I seriously think that those wives need to stay out of the sun. All of their skin looks so dried up.

Laurie has left now - she's going to concentrate on her family more.

She was well getting on my nerves anyway. She acts all goody two shoes and talks so quietly that she appears really nice. But IMO she's totally selfish and greedy. When her and George went to the spa she was saying how they REALLY needed it - WTF is she doing that she needs that PMSL.

Also she keeps saying 'I have 7 kids' NO YOU DON'T YOU SILLY WOMAN. For a start off the only 'kids' we see are Ashley, Mackenzie and Sophie (and Ashley and Mackenzie are 18 and 22).

She just annoys me (sorry - rant over).

when I was googling to see what was happening in the future (im the same with a book, I always read the end before the middle:rolleyes:), I found a US forum and they really didnt like Lauri nicknaming her Whori. I hadnt realized that she was living with a guy who was taking drugs and this cant have helped her son. Then she threw him out. I still quite like her, as she appears quite gentle (but you never know if its just for the camera). Vicky and Tam are annoying me most, but Gretchen is catching up.

I hope ITV2 are going to show the next three series back to back, as its quite a good way to whip through the years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when I was googling to see what was happening in the future (im the same with a book, I always read the end before the middle:rolleyes:), I found a US forum and they really didnt like Lauri nicknaming her Whori. I hadnt realized that she was living with a guy who was taking drugs and this cant have helped her son. Then she threw him out. I still quite like her, as she appears quite gentle (but you never know if its just for the camera). Vicky and Tam are annoying me most, but Gretchen is catching up.

I hope ITV2 are going to show the next three series back to back, as its quite a good way to whip through the years.

I have to do that with books for some reason I also don't like films too much unless I have a bit of an idea what will happen at the end!

I didn't know about Lauri living with a junky hmmmm that's interesting and maybe one of the reasons Josh got involved in drugs.

It goes in so fast just watching it, I more or less switch it on then it's over :(
  • Jo09Jo09 Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyway Lauri is gone now. Gretchen is interesting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jo09 wrote: »
    Anyway Lauri is gone now. Gretchen is interesting.

That's true and she's incredibly good looking too.

She does seem OK if a little spoiled - but they all are.

It's a lot for her to take on an older man with a killer disease and I felt a bit for her when she had to administer the needle.

Very brave of her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's true and she's incredibly good looking too.

She does seem OK if a little spoiled - but they all are.

It's a lot for her to take on an older man with a killer disease and I felt a bit for her when she had to administer the needle.

Very brave of her.

What I've read from blogs it seems that a lot of Americans don't feel for her at all. I'm yet to make my mind up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jo09 wrote: »
    What I've read from blogs it seems that a lot of Americans don't feel for her at all. I'm yet to make my mind up.
    Compared to Tamra Barney she's a saint, but Gretchen is only interested in Gretchen.(although she dos get a good edit in her first season)

I struggle to find any of these women empathetic. Lisa and Adrienne from Beverley Hills are great, but with their squillions, they are hardly the norm.

I'm not enjoying Miami at all. Dull, self absorbed women as usual, but there's not one of them I have any interest in. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Compared to Tamra Barney she's a saint, but Gretchen is only interested in Gretchen.(although she dos get a good edit in her first season)

I struggle to find any of these women empathetic. Lisa and Adrienne from Beverley Hills are great, but with their squillions, they are hardly the norm.

I'm not enjoying Miami at all. Dull, self absorbed women as usual, but there's not one of them I have any interest in. :(

Ive only got Freeview, so can only see the OC one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive only got Freeview, so can only see the OC one.

;) That's what torrents are for!!! I cant stand watching reality programmes that are years out of date.
  • Janey123Janey123 Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    Im not going to spoil it, but Ive been reading whats happening in all the other series and I cant believe how it changes in the next three series.

Vicky is really getting on my pip and Im not warming to Tam. Its going to get interesting with her and Gretchen.

Although I feel sorry for the poor guy who is dying, I just cant understand wealthy men who dont see that someone is with them for their money. He has young kids and should have been thinking of them and not indulging Gretchen.

Did anyone see the episode last week where Tamra, Jeana and Vicky went to lunch and Tamra called Gretchen who was in the hospital with Jeff. Tamra put Gretchen on speakerphone and she and Jeana were wishing her well and asking if she needed anything then Vicky took the phone and tried to play the concerned friend when she clearly doesn't like Gretchen saying things like "I love you" blah blah but Gretchen clearly did not realise Vicky was speaking and carried on talking. This really pi**ed Vicky off and she made an obscene hand gesture:eek: Classy !

I seriously can't abide Vicky, she's an odious, self-absorbed selfish person who treats some people like they're something stuck to her shoe. And that flamin' 'woo-hoo' thing she does really gets on my nerves. Give it a rest you ridiculous woman. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vicky and Tamra are behaving really badly arent they. At the races, they were so nasty to Lynn and its making Gretchen come over much better than I thought, as she wont bite at them being cows. I didnt like her showing her 65,000 dollar engagement ring to his children and it didnt seem appropriate. What possessed him to throw his money at her, when he should have taken care of his children.

At the end of the show, the trailer for tomorrow, showed her leaving a party with Tamara's son:rolleyes: That should be interesting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the end of the show, the trailer for tomorrow, showed her leaving a party with Tamara's son:rolleyes: That should be interesting.

Can't wait to fnd out if they hooked up!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know saw that when she goes off with Ryan. Can you imagine what the other housewives are going to say.

I feel sorry for Jeff BUT if you're gonna hook with someone half your age who's really really gorgeous I suppose this sort of thing could happen. I just hope he didn't know about it. I guess him being terminally ill in hospital he won't find out?

Vicky and Tamra are just a pair of old fishwives and looked and acted pathetic at the race day. They are so childish aren't they?

It's funny but Lynn and Gretchen don't seem that bad to me.

Jeana is just in the middle sort of thing, but she always sticks up for the underdog and deep down I'm sure Jeana doesn't really like Vicki - let's be honest who would want to be friends with Vicki she's the most loud, annoying, bossy and selfish woman isn't she?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking pass the "fluff" of this type of programme, today has interesting points. Im watching today's show, so dont read if you dont want to know whats happened.

How needy is Vicki with her mother, she clings and tries to get her mother to say that she loves her and mum really doesnt want to. How sad is someone who has a superificial air of money, moaning that her mother buys her brother table clothes and "things" and not her and she wants a table cloth:rolleyes: Its as if she is seeing this as her mother not loving her as much.

Then we move to Tamra's house, who says she has taken etiquette lessons:D:D:D Such a forthright woman, who was unhappy her husband was taking control of the meeting with the chef (yet stayed silent). Off to watch now as I think it must be at this party, that Gretchen disappears with the son:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Then we move to Tamra's house, who says she has taken etiquette lessons:D:D:D Such a forthright woman, who was unhappy her husband was taking control of the meeting with the chef (yet stayed silent). Off to watch now as I think it must be at this party, that Gretchen disappears with the son:eek:
    :D That must be the infamous "Naked Wasted" party. Seriously,who needs enemies if you have friends (or co-stars, I think they all secretly hate each others guts!) like this.

And Tamra's the worst of all.

I definitely think Vicki needs counselling. She has so many issues and with every sign of Compulsive Obsessive Disorder, she basically a screwed up mess.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D That must be the infamous "Naked Wasted" party. Seriously,who needs enemies if you have friends (or co-stars, I think they all secretly hate each others guts!) like this.

And Tamra's the worst of all.

I definitely think Vicki needs counselling. She has so many issues and with every sign of Compulsive Obsessive Disorder, she basically a screwed up mess.

I felt that Tamra was wanting Gretchen to stay overnight for Ryan:eek: Very odd behaviour - I would have had her out of there so quick. Gretchen was so wasted. Ryan nauseates me, not because the beauty stick avoided him, but hes unattractive and thinks otherwise. Also earns 10 dollars a hour and flirting with Gretchen:D:D:D