Come Dine With Me 2012 (Part 2)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a nightmare Sally and Nicola seem to be.

Alex Reed is a bit wet, but completely harmless I think. I really wanted him to stick up for himself though. He just sat there when Nicola was dissecting his character.

Robert Englund was great. I got the feeling he treated the whole thing as one big joke. :D

What I noticed is Sally Morgan's right new teeth, they are twice the size of her old ones and the colour is just too white for her age, that iswhy her face has changed it's was supposed to make her look younger but she looks like she straying too hard and just looks a bit MEH,,,,,
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    We were a bit surprised to see Robert there - does he neeed the money? Thought the same when Gordon Ramsy popped up in the ad break.

The group were a bit incongruous but it was quite entertaining. Nicola's face over the coconut was a picture and Robert very good fun. Alex certainly entered in the spitirt of things, I did read that he has "acting" aspirations:eek:
  • Mumsy24Mumsy24 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Nicola McLean is just the sort of sloppy parent I can't abide.
    Doesn't care who her children bother provided it isn't her.

I liked Robert though and was surprised to see him on CDWM. Thought he came across well and had a good sense of humour not at all (Hollywood")
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    shame we didn't get to see Alex's pad and the sex dungeon though
  • AsmoAsmo Posts: 15,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mumsy24 wrote: »
    Nicola McLean is just the sort of sloppy parent I can't abide.
    Doesn't care who her children bother provided it isn't her.

Amazing display of ignorance from her, that bit. Especially given the example Robert used was kids running amok in an Airplane.

"If my kids don't want to sit down, I'm not going to make them!"

Said with the kind of indignation that sadly suggests she thinks this hands-off approach is a sign of good parenting, to hell with others comfort/safety/peace & quiet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed the program, but I still feel embarassed that C4 had a high-calibre guest of Robert's quality, and they wasted it by teaming him up with people like Alex Reid and Nicola!

It should have been full of stories about behind-the-scenes Hollywood stuff (for which Robert is famous), NOT bloody Alex Reid, his dresses, and immaturity.

Also, I can understand (at a pinch) Sally Morgan being on a "Halloween Special" (although they should have had a sceptic having a pop at her "skills"), but why, oh why, were Reid and Nicola on there. There are SO many other appropriate celebrities that they could have picked.

Robert does NOT need the money, as he's still raking it in from loyalties, and is still acting. He does spend a lot of time here and has a second home in London.

Please C4 programme planners, try to think things through, get your head out of Heat magazine, and credit your viewers with some intelligence. Jeez!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    I wish Alex had gone dressed as Roxanne and bitch slapped the two women when they were busy ripping him to shreds.:cool:
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Celebrity CDWM on today (with Roy Walker) has to be my favourite.

Great laugh.
  • super whitesuper white Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    Just out of interest I know people on here are saying he doesn't need the money about Robert. Do the celebs get paid for going on it then? I know that might sound like a daft question but I've always wondered whether they get paid or whether they just do it to raise their profile.

Separately, did anyone watch the "normal" come dine with me last week? I actually came on here to see what people thought of it (I'm more of a lurker than a poster). Some bits of it seemed completely staged to me. And I know people will say a lot of the newer ones are staged (and yes I have been watching since the beginning so have seen most eps) but last weeks seemed more obviously set up than others?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't put my finger on it but today's new episode is really, really boring
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mandy very annoying host, not everyone cares about where ingredients come from.
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone else think the guy who hosted first this week looks like Tom Lister, the actor who played Carl King in Emmerdale? I find it quite distracting to watch, he reminds me of him so much!
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    I can't put my finger on it but today's new episode is really, really boring

The thought did cross my mind tonight that they were five very nice people. Which does make it boring. Then at the end the wannabe DJ gave the host four points. So I changed my mind.
    Does anyone else think the guy who hosted first this week looks like Tom Lister...........

I've no idea what tom lister looks like, but one of them is the spitting image of donald pleasance.
  • Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else think the guy who hosted first this week looks like Tom Lister, the actor who played Carl King in Emmerdale? I find it quite distracting to watch, he reminds me of him so much!
    He does a bit but he also reminds me of the bloke that used to present T4. Can't remember his name though.
  • Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just out of interest I know people on here are saying he doesn't need the money about Robert. Do the celebs get paid for going on it then? I know that might sound like a daft question but I've always wondered whether they get paid or whether they just do it to raise their profile.

Separately, did anyone watch the "normal" come dine with me last week? I actually came on here to see what people thought of it (I'm more of a lurker than a poster). Some bits of it seemed completely staged to me. And I know people will say a lot of the newer ones are staged (and yes I have been watching since the beginning so have seen most eps) but last weeks seemed more obviously set up than others?
    Yes they do get paid, which to me, kinda defeats the whole charity aspect. I recall there was a big deal made about the amount the MP Diane Abbot got paid when she was on a couple of years back.

Yes, the Mr ladies man did seem a bit scripted. I know the production crew like to shove some of the contestants down paths they might have mentioned in their opening VTs [The Scottish cougar springs to mind]

The brunette woman that cooked last Wednesday started the week off saying she wasn't there to make friends blah, blah but at the end of her night was nearly in tears saying she didn't care about winning as she'd made four new friends. A classic case of a contestant sprouting the big brother type bull to big up their status and failing to be anything like the persona they try to put across which made them sound like a bit of a door handle.

I was due to switch off on Monday last but actually enjoyed the week, apart from the snobby buzz kill woman.,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I actually took notice today and yes you are right riverside
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The wannabe gave four points again tonight .... yet another who's spotted the flaw in the marking system. We can only hope the mad woman wins tomorrow night.
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    The wannabe gave four points again tonight .... yet another who's spotted the flaw in the marking system. We can only hope the mad woman wins tomorrow night.

Yeah I'm rooting for her too! I hate tactical marking and really don't want Carl King lookalike to win!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice closeup of the cooks dirty fingernails mixing the food there :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adele's flat is beautifully decorated.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I caught the first bit tonight but the woman that was so up herself with her yummy mummy comments put me right off, although I can tell from this thread that it really isn't popular now. Time to rest it channel 4
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Switch over now to watch "The Chaser".some people are just not terribly interesting....
  • DaisyBillDaisyBill Posts: 4,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    I caught the first bit tonight but the woman that was so up herself with her yummy mummy comments put me right off, although I can tell from this thread that it really isn't popular now. Time to rest it channel 4

I still watch it,the trouble is there seems to be different episodes allover the place! I never know which episodes people are discussing now. It just makes it hard to join in with this thread.