Was Denise robbed ?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PinkyPig wrote: »
    Personally I don't think Denise or Kimberley should have been taking part, they might not be professional ballroom dancers, but their musical theatre experience gave them a totally unfair advantage, and therefore I can't say that either of them were robbed.

The fact that they had a 'head start' on Louis is what, I think, will have swung it for a lot of people - he must also have felt a bit starstruck at the beginning. He did extremely well and was so fortunate to have Flavia as his teacher.
  • FairynuffFairynuff Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    peach45 wrote: »
    She was dull to watch and she had James as a partner.

and frequently overmarked by the judges.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jonathan & Charlotte should have won.
  • yorkshirelass2yorkshirelass2 Posts: 2,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    walnut699 wrote: »
    No she wasnt robbed.

But some other, non-professionally-trained-dancer celebrity was robbed of a spot on the show through Denise's inclusion.

Give it a rest. Can't you enjoy anything without a nasty remark like that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    Personally I don't think Denise or Kimberley should have been taking part, they might not be professional ballroom dancers, but their musical theatre experience gave them a totally unfair advantage, and therefore I can't say that either of them were robbed.

Oh, dear! Not this old chestnut again! Working on this basis then probably over three quarters of the contestants in all the previous series shouldn't have been in it and probably over half of the previous winners have all had theatrical/dance training of some sort, so I'm afraid your theory doesn't stand up!
  • musicangelmusicangel Posts: 7,164
    Forum Member
    petertard wrote: »
    She never stood a chance in the public vote. I think she was grateful to be in the last 3, ahead of Dani.

Overall, I think she was the best dancer in the final, with the highest total from the judges.

Yep eve was robbed the media kept stating she was a.pro shewasnt
  • tawnytawny Posts: 1,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was not robbed. The best man won.
    Denise's outfit for her showdance was awful - not her down to her
  • MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Judges the four experts decided she was the winner that will do for me.
  • PinkyPigPinkyPig Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, dear! Not this old chestnut again! Working on this basis then probably over three quarters of the contestants in all the previous series shouldn't have been in it and probably over half of the previous winners have all had theatrical/dance training of some sort, so I'm afraid your theory doesn't stand up!

Well it might not stand up for you, but it is something I take into account when deciding who to vote for...and this year tough luck, I win!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's okay. None of the celebrities were robbed tonight. They appreciate your concern.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fairynuff wrote: »
    and frequently overmarked by the judges.

Oh dear do you think she bribing them
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely robbed :cry:, but the BBC got the winner they wanted.
    Well done Louis and Flavia.

Actually, I don't think the BBC did get the winner they wanted. I think Denise was their preferred choice. However, she came third or second, which means that if they were looking at offering her the ITT or Strictly co-presenter's job, she's done well enough to merit either (based on 3rd placer Zoe and non-competitors Bruce/Tess/Claudia currently doing those jobs).

As to the question being asked, I don't think Denise was robbed. She was bottom two for the past two weeks, suggesting that she wasn't getting the public vote. She did better in the final than anticipated by many (though I had a sneaking suspicion that she wouldn't be out first). All three of the top three performed well on the night and would have been worthy winners. So I have no issue with the winner. Just as I wouldn't have if it had been Denise or Kimberley. I actually think that this final had the strongest line-up that I can remember.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it might not stand up for you, but it is something I take into account when deciding who to vote for...and this year tough luck, I win!

Sorry but I must ask are you always as narrow minded.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member

You forgot to mention Dani and Fern in your original post
  • thepainterthepainter Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    peach45 wrote: »
    She was dull to watch and she had James as a partner.

Are you sure you were watching the same show??
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No she wasnt robbed, she was in the final three.
  • tedsloantedsloan Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    She wasn't robbed. Public vote ruled ok?

It doesn't say much for the Public's judgment ! I would have put Louis in 3rd place after Denise. It was obviously a further Olympian vote.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Jonathan & Charlotte should have won.

Who are Jonathan and Charlotte???

For me, going purely on overall dancing ability, yes, she was robbed. She was flawless on numerous occasions,but did need to work on her hip action.

Unfortunately for her, she was paired with James, who seems to be disliked by quite a number of SCD viewers, and then, their personalities together just seemed to make it worse.

I truly think things could have been a lot different for her if she had a different partner.
  • peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    thepainter wrote: »
    Are you sure you were watching the same show??

Yeah, she was so boring to watch, which is partly due to James' poor choreography. None of their routines was that memorable. Anyway, that's just what I thought, off to party.
  • sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. She wasn't the best dancer and no one liked her.

Massive fail on all levels really. James is a disaster as a partner too.
  • PinkyPigPinkyPig Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You forgot to mention Dani and Fern in your original post

I probably did forget Dani, who i've recently discovered had been employed in a dancing role, but Fern? Really? If you say so...what a bad loser you are!

Anyway, just as in other years the ringers were defeated by the voters.
  • primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    on balance, i think she probably was, but - although dani was actually my favourite going into the final - i'm glad denise made it into the final three, after that there wasn't really much in it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    ha ha ha! No way. She was a right cow. :P So glad she didn't win.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    lougarry wrote: »
    I'm not convinced she was the best all-round dancer - her hip action in Latin always left something to be desired, even in last week's rumba. I don't think she improved as much as the other finalists.

Agree whole heartedly with this - I made a previous comment about lack of hip movement and was shot down. Louis advanced the most throughout the competition. A worthy winner.
  • yorkshirelass2yorkshirelass2 Posts: 2,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    Actually, I don't think the BBC did get the winner they wanted. I think Denise was their preferred choice. However, she came third or second, which means that if they were looking at offering her the ITT or Strictly co-presenter's job, she's done well enough to merit either (based on 3rd placer Zoe and non-competitors Bruce/Tess/Claudia currently doing those jobs).

As to the question being asked, I don't think Denise was robbed. She was bottom two for the past two weeks, suggesting that she wasn't getting the public vote. She did better in the final than anticipated by many (though I had a sneaking suspicion that she wouldn't be out first). All three of the top three performed well on the night and would have been worthy winners. So I have no issue with the winner. Just as I wouldn't have if it had been Denise or Kimberley. I actually think that this final had the strongest line-up that I can remember.

I agree. Any one of the final three was a worthy winner, they were all excellent tonight, but actually I thought Louis was the weakest. Of course I'm too ancient to vote for a bare chest, I voted for the dancing i.e. Denise !!