Xbox One vs PS4

linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,686
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So which is best and why? I admit the reviews once the console is released but what have you pre ordered?

For me PS4 wins.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both are great for different reasons

Neither is better at everything
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Iv'e not seen anyone discuss the flaws or the positives of either console since they were revealed.Not one argument of why i shouldn't have chosen the X1 over the PS4 anywhere on the Internet.:p
  • Andrew_BallardAndrew_Ballard Posts: 1,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Technically the PS4 appears significantly better than the XB1, though comparing tech specs between consoles, from such comparison it's assumed inference upon which is the better gaming platform will will be drawn, might invoke the lustful pity of PC extremiacs with rigs that make these consoles look like calculators.

They'll probably both end up great for Gaming/harvesting demographics, and hopefully neither'll have any extant reliability issues from poor design choices. They have a projected lifespan of a decade, there's a long time to go, too long imho. I'm not interested in either one though.

I must say stating which one you think is best and not giving any reason is kinda lazy and poor form to start a thread asking 'which is best and why'
  • scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,371
    Forum Member
    So which is best and why?

Oh god here we go.

:rolleyes:
  • RagnarokRagnarok Posts: 4,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PS4 clearly has a little more power a much easier to stomach price and no camera rammed down your throat. I prefer the games on the Xbox one at launch, and Microsoft are seasoned pro's at getting the online server side of things right which will more than likely take the strain of a launch better than PSN at the moment. Both have a it in there terms and conditions they they are anti used games I don't doubt ether could enforce it via a software upgrade at any time if they could survive the backlash.

I've gone for a PS4 preorder, mostly on price. When I pre ordered I thought infamous : second son and Watch Dogs would be launch titles.
    Right now for me I'd say it's Dead rising 3 + Killer instinct vs Resogun as far as launch titles go. Also Forza 5 made it to launch where as Drive Club didn't. I probably wouln't play ether much though, I would of taken on drive club as a PSN+ game though.
    Killzone made launch for Sony which is of no interest to me, last time i cared about FPS was Unreal Tournament on the PC, and got bored with them back then. Doom is still much much more fun than COD or Battlefield.

Microsoft clearly for me have the better launch line up. I think long term think I prefer Sony's Exclusives.

Which one win's it's pretty close but the deciding factors it always going to be cost and exclusive games. Right now i couldn't pick a winner. the most powerful console doesn't guarantee a winner.

I think Sony have the Edge mostly with price. I'd get both if i could afford it.
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which is best? Whichever one you think suits your needs the most.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Yeah... he just went there.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Megadrive vs SNES
    Amiga vs ST
    C64 vs Spectrum
    Playstation vs Saturn
    N64 vs itself
  • dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This ! End of story
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox One for me. It fulfills all my needs in terms of entertainment and it seems the best fit for me.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing preorderd, always wanted to wait until the last minute and after reading the xbox reviews its looking like a PS4 for me. Rather easy decision,
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »
    Xbox One for me. It fulfills all my needs in terms of entertainment and it seems the best fit for me.

And this is how it should be.
  • marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im waiting. id prefer the the xbox one, but at that price its way too high for a console. read an article the other day that said these next gen consoles will dip in price alot within a year. so i will wait until next christmas time to buy one when they are estimated to be around the £300 mark.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, if we're ACTUALLY going there:

PS4, for me, has the more interesting and varied games lineup at this point and for the next 12 months, and Sony's proven in the PS3 era that it's first-party lineup can provide equal measures of quality and variety, without relying on a limited number of big hitters every other year. The 2nd/3rd tier games look, to me, like they'll be better than what Xbone can offer, as PS4's architechture seems to ensure we won't have a repeat of the poor ports of the majority of PS3's years, and for me, the fact that they're getting things like War Thunder or DayZ on the platform make it a genuine, cost-effective and convenient alternative to getting a gaming PC.

In terms of media I watch far more on-demand than live TV these days and it'll accommodate all this just fine. And for when I do want to watch linear broadcast TV? picking up a remote control and pressing a single button is a chore I can live with.

I came into the eve of this generation ready to have my head turned by a new Xbox, but they've just not done enough for my needs.

And the Xbone is pig-ugly.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PS4 for me cause it's better technically & doesn't revolve around a useless after8s sized motion camera!! ... Bring on the 29th!! :D

(& DNLA which I use constantly is bound 2 be patched on the PS4 so I've got no reason 2 waste £430 on the X1) :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So which is best and why? I admit the reviews once the console is released but what have you pre ordered?

For me PS4 wins.

How can anyone answer really without having used one yet? Please end this thread. :yawn:
  • cooltvcooltv Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the PS4 is better at the moment but I have gone down the Xbox One path, in time you will get a real answer to this thread but at the moment it's down to what suits you personally.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ballybally wrote: »
    How can anyone answer really without having used one yet? Please end this thread. :yawn:

By taking into consideration all the available information, perhaps?

And anyway, many, many people have played both machines, I can walk into my local Game right now and play a PS4. They also have a Xbone unit, but for some reason I've not seen it turned on and there are no controllers attached.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Down to games and this seals it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SnJPTkrD7o
    Forum Member
    ballybally wrote: »

I've used both, and so have others here thanks to Game's lockins.

Kindly take your yawn and shove it where the sun doesnt shine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Down to games and this seals it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SnJPTkrD7o

Buying a console based on a teaser trailer is just dumb.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Buying a console based on a teaser trailer is just dumb.

Perhaps, but buying a console based on the promise of a new installment in a series you love is perfectly sensible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps, but buying a console based on the promise of a new installment in a series you love is perfectly sensible.

Plenty of games have had promise and failed. GTA 4 springs to mind.
    Forum Member
    I should imagine fans of COD feel that way right now.