ARTPOP: Single 19/08, Album 11/11

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
Forum Member
There was a launch/listening party in NYC last night for Lady Gaga's upcoming album ARTPOP. The enforced silence of her team has lifted and now we have:

The release dates:

Single - 19th August
Pre-Order Album/APP - 1st September (DJWS confirmed the video, too)
Album/APP Release - 11th November

First ARTPOP promo image (confirmed not album cover):

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151799572259574&set=a.89179709573.79898.10376464573&type=1&theater

Spiel about the ARTPOP APP:
"Built by TechHAUS, the technological branch of HAUS OF GAGA, the app itself is a musical and visual engineering system that combines music, art, fashion, and technology with a new interactive worldwide community -- "the auras". Altering the human experience with social media, we bring ARTculture into POP in a reverse Warholian expedition.

Exploring Gaga's existence as a cultural interface, the user will share in the 'adrenaline of fame' as they build and share their own projects, chat with one another, and watch in real-time on a virtual globe as ARTPOP explodes onto the physical and virtual universe at once on November 11, our "BIG BANG!" On this day HAUS OF GAGA venges with forte to bring the music industry into a new age; an age where art drives pop, and the artist once again is in control of the 'icon',

In turn, the album ARTPOP musically mirrors Gaga's creative process as she passes through the mediums of each artist she collaborates with, scoring a blueprint of her journey. The result, a "rage" of electronic passion and fury, defining each artistic process from beginning to end, ARTPOP could mean anything. But for her, this is a celebration of obsession. And on November 10, she will host an evening of artRave exhibiting Haus of Gaga's projects as well as collaborations with

Inez & Vinoodh Robert Wilson Marina Abramovic Jeff Koons"

Comments

• Lil-MedonsterLil-Medonster Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    I'm so excited for this it sounds like a brilliant idea as everyone always talks about how she is the best/perfect social media artist I can see this app being another wonderful community built for fans old and new
  • my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    absurd
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I like that image and the hair change. That grabbed my attention straight away.
  • thewaywardbusthewaywardbus Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a load of pretentious crap!!!!
  • lmddawsonlmddawson Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    The image is incredible! Cannot wait!
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    I'm suspecting the (physical) retailers may be a little less gung ho on the stock ordering situation with this one lol. At least she won't be up against Adele this time either.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a load of pretentious crap!!!!

I would take no notice of press releases. This one is designed for a certain audience. I will stick to the standard edition of the album. No way am I entering the world of little monsters lol
  • thewaywardbusthewaywardbus Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lmddawson wrote: »
    The image is incredible! Cannot wait!

How is a picture of her wearing a see-through welding mask incredible??????
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    For the little monsters it's art, for us normal people it's just a normal mask.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    konebyvax wrote: »
    I'm suspecting the (physical) retailers may be a little less gung ho on the stock ordering situation with this one lol. At least she won't be up against Adele this time either.

Shall we not try and turn this into yet another thread about this?
    Forum Member
    The image is ScubaGa. We'll need to listen to the album underwater to get the full experience.
  • lmddawsonlmddawson Posts: 484
    Forum Member

I'm just very enthusiastic about it all, been a long time coming :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member

But konebyvax he/she's right, but this year it's going to be Eminem not Adele.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member

This isn't the Appreciation Thread, posters can 'turn it into' whatever they like, as long as the Mods are OK with it. It's a valid discussion point; retailers ended up with circa 2 million unsold units gathering dust on their shelves at the time so I'm suspecting may view the new album launch with not quite the same sense of optimism, which will affect Interscope's beloved 'units sold' (shipped) figures. Time will tell. And Adele's unuexpected/unheralded/far less PR-expense driven success DID put a dampener on Born This Way, no question.
  • sunrisegirlsunrisegirl Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    Oh God! We are going to have months of the little chickens running around headless for months saying this that and the other about this album. And also abusing many other artists along the way.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I can't wait to hear the new single! Is there going to be an Android version of the app?
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am BEYOND excited! The image is fantastic, the brown hair suits her so much, she looks gorgeous, and the album sounds great! I hope it lives up to expectations.
    Forum Member
    konebyvax wrote: »
    This isn't the Appreciation Thread, posters can 'turn it into' whatever they like, as long as the Mods are OK with it. It's a valid discussion point; retailers ended up with circa 2 million unsold units gathering dust on their shelves at the time so I'm suspecting may view the new album launch with not quite the same sense of optimism, which will affect Interscope's beloved 'units sold' (shipped) figures. Time will tell. And Adele's unuexpected/unheralded/far less PR-expense driven success DID put a dampener on Born This Way, no question.

It's been discussed ad nauseum here with the same posters saying the same things for the past 2 years. It's dull.

I'm not going to touch the assumption and anecdotal evidence.
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay! :D

And 19/8 is a Monday missing only a days worth of sales, a vast improvement on BTW being released on a Friday.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Really excited for this :D

Couldn't care less about the app, just looking forward to the music.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gaga has so much potentialm but she seems intent on seling herself short. I hope the music this era is above and beyond what we have heard thus far which is nice inoffensevie dance pop but not worht the praise it is given. I'm just hoping for some great music good videos and less of the crap we got from BTW.
  • SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She needs a drastic shift in direction. Another album of forgettable club tracks won't cut it.
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    F I N A L L Y
    some news
  • maddiesdoormaddiesdoor Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really looking forward to this. 'The Fame' re-polished here we come!
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the new style.