The US Ratings Thread (Part 1)

Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,363
Forum Member
✭✭
Judging by the growing number of posts surrounding the US numbers on the ratings thread, I thought it would be a good idea to make a thread about the US ratings. I'm hoping I can keep it in this section instead of the TV Shows US section because people may miss it in that forum who may want to know the ratings.

The figures come from Zap2it so feel free to post the ratings on here whenever you want

Here we can also talk about US show renewals and new shows. OK, first batch of ratings for last night are out.

NBC:
8pm- The Voice- 14.32m (4.5)
10pm- The Blacklist- 11.26m (3.2)

CBS:
8pm- How I Met Your Mother- 7.38m (2.9)
8:30pm- We Are Men- 5.42m (1.8)
9pm- 2 Broke Girls- 7.18m (2.2)
9:30pm- Mom- 6.65m (2.0)
10pm- Hostages- 5.14m (1.2)

ABC:
8pm- Dancing With The Stars- 13.04m (2.1)
10pm- Castle- 10.79m (2.0)

FOX:
8pm- Bones- 7.12m (2.0)
9pm- Sleepy Hollow- 7.76m (2.7)

CW:
8pm- Hart of Dixie- 1.18m (0.4) Season Premiere
9pm- Beauty and The Beast- 1.22 (0.4) Season Premiere

All in all, a pretty poor night especially for CBS which seem to be struggling on any day that is not a Thursday. ABC is holding up well! Those CW ratings are very poor, it just makes shows like Arrow, Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries look like monsters.

Comments

• Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,962
    Forum Member
    I think it's not a bad idea but this may well go in the US TV forum.
  • VetinariVetinari Posts: 3,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The point in separating the forums is so that people know where to go to find the posts they are interested in.

If people are interested in US shows they can go to the appropriate forum.

This forum is already so busy that it's often hard to find what you are looking for without having off topic stuff bludgeoned into it.

What next? A Doctor Who thread for people who can't be bothered to go to the DW forum? An Apprentice thread for people who can't trouble themselves to look where it belongs?

Thin end of the wedge.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vetinari wrote: »
    The point in separating the forums is so that people know where to go to find the posts they are interested in.

This forum is already so busy that it's often hard to find what you are looking for without having off topic stuff bludgeoned into it.

What next? A Doctor Who thread for people who can't be bothered to go to the DW forum? An Apprentice thread for people who can't trouble themselves to look where it belongs?

Thin end of the wedge.

Let someone move this to the US forum then.
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vetinari wrote: »

Thin end of the wedge.

Crumbs you're a bit grumpy! Those interested in US ratings can often not find the relevant page on the standard ratings thread. What is wrong with discussing US ratings in the main TV Shows forum? It isn't programme specific, it's ratings specific. Poor salv. The bloke is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.
  • tq21tq21 Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good idea Salv

I think Hostages will be cancelled in the next few weeks, I hope they at least burn off the episodes & not just leave it hanging a few episodes in like ABC just did with Lucky 7.

Hart of Dixie is on it's 3rd season so it will likely be renewed at the end of the season simply because it will only require another season before it can be sold into syndication.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tq21 wrote: »
    Good idea Salv

I think Hostages will be cancelled in the next few weeks, I hope they at least burn off the episodes & not just leave it hanging a few episodes in like ABC just did with Lucky 7.

Hart of Dixie is on it's 3rd season so it will likely be renewed at the end of the season simply because it will only require another season before it can be sold into syndication.

I really thought CW in general would do better though. I'm hoping Arrow can return with a solid 3.5m tomorrow night.

2 Broke Girls have fallen quite a lot, I hope tonight doesn't see another drop for New Girl either! I am pretty sure Hostages will be cancelled very soon too!
  • LMLM Posts: 63,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good idea

I can't see Beauty and the beast making it to season 3. Terrible show anyway
    Somehow i think Hart of dixie may make it to seasson 4, mainly for syndication purposes,
  • AdsAds Posts: 37,037
    Forum Member
    The Blacklist seems to be holding up reasonably well. All in all its a poor season so far for new shows though. Sleepy Hollow is doing surprisingly well for its 3rd or 4th outing I guess.
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,962
    Forum Member
    Will X Factor keep falling or rise at some point (by some amount)?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some major adjustments, BatB is dead, it really is!

Adjusted up:

The Voice- 14.63m (4.6)
    How I Met Your Mother- 7.53m (3.0)
    Bones- 7.30m (2.1)
    Sleepy Hollow- 7.96m (2.8)
    Mom- 6.86m (2.1)
    2 Broke Girls- 7.26m (2.3)

Adjusted down:

The Blacklist- 11.18m (3.1)
    Dancing With The Stars- 13.0m (2.0)
    Castle- 10.51m (1.9)
    Beauty and The Beast- 0.86m (0.4)
  • dizziedizzie Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those Sleepy Hollow figures are a real surprise - I never expected it to be such a hit. But then, stuff like Once Upon A Time does so well, so there's clearly an audience. I'm just slightly concerned there's not enough to sustain the show for 13 episodes, let alone the 2nd season it's already been renewed for. We shall see how ratings pan out - the show itself is enjoyable so far. It's also the one genuine new success for Fox. They have very little new in the offing that's launched as well. Plus, those X Factor numbers are horrible. It remains to be seen if they get a bump for the live portion of the show. They added in the same traumatic 'bootcamp chair challenge' twist as the UK show last week, and it had a negligible effect on their ratings so, who knows what will happen going forward.

I still don't know who the hell is watching 2 Broke Girls, but then I've been wondering the same about Two And A Half Men for years now!! Those figures defy all reason!

BTW, I appreciate the separate thread for US shows. I could never find this information in the other ratings thread. Plus, talking about show measurements and potential cancellations is so very different from what happens in the UK.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dizzie wrote: »
    Those Sleepy Hollow figures are a real surprise - I never expected it to be such a hit. But then, stuff like Once Upon A Time does so well, so there's clearly an audience. I'm just slightly concerned there's not enough to sustain the show for 13 episodes, let alone the 2nd season it's already been renewed for. We shall see how ratings pan out - the show itself is enjoyable so far. It's also the one genuine new success for Fox. They have very little new in the offing that's launched as well. Plus, those X Factor numbers are horrible. It remains to be seen if they get a bump for the live portion of the show. They added in the same traumatic 'bootcamp chair challenge' twist last week, and it had a negligible effect on their ratings so, who knows what will happen going forward.

I still don't know who the hell is watching 2 Broke Girls, but then I've been wondering the same about Two And A Half Men for years now!! Those figures defy all reason!

BTW, I appreciate the separate thread for US shows. I could never find this information in the other ratings thread. Plus, talking about show measurements and potential cancellations is so very different from what happens in the UK.

I actually still watch 2 Broke Girls. Along with Big Bang Theory, Arrow, The Crazy Ones and New Girl. Those are the only US shows I am currently watching.
  • VetinariVetinari Posts: 3,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    Let someone move this to the US forum then.

I couldn't stop them if I wanted to. :)
    wizzywick wrote: »
    Crumbs you're a bit grumpy!

Nope. Just making the case that the whole point of having a forum for UK shows and one for US one is to keep the threads separate so that people know where to go to find what they are interested in.
    Those interested in US ratings can often not find the relevant page on the standard ratings thread.
    So then they should make the appropriate thread in the US forum. What's so hard to understand about that?
    What is wrong with discussing US ratings in the main TV Shows forum?

The fact that there is a correct place to put the thread.

Why would someone who actually wants the information in this thread ever think to look for it in the UK forum?

The answer is, of course, s/he wouldn't.. Which is why it belongs in the US forum where the mods have now placed it.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know how the latest (Sunday) Drop Dead Diva performed?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Anyone know how the latest (Sunday) Drop Dead Diva performed?

1.440m (0.4). :)
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1.440m (0.4). :)

1.44m? You sure? :O I just did a quick google (usually it hits around the 2.1m mark) and it says 2.45m! If it is 2.45m, that is the highest rating this series, and if it was 1.44m, then it's pretty much a certain to be cancelled :p
  • LMLM Posts: 63,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are so many new shows flopping at the moment when you look at the daily ratings
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NBC:
    8pm- The Voice- 10.03m (2.9)
    10pm- Chicago Fire- 7.58m (2.2)

ABC:
    8PM- S.H.I.E.L.D- 7.79m (2.8)
    9pm- The Goldbergs- 5.73m (2.0)
    9:30pm- Trophy Wife- 4.69m (1.4)
    10pm- Scandal (r)- 3.22m (1.0)

CBS:
    8pm- NCIS- 17.87m (2.7)
    9pm- NCIS:LA- 14.78m (2.6)
    10pm- Person Of Interest- 11.68m (2.0)

FOX:
    8pm- Dads- 3.11m (1.3)
    8:30pm- Brooklyn-Nine-Nine- 3.37m (1.5)
    9pm- New Girl- 3.99m (2.1)
    9:30pm- The Mindy Project- 2.97m (1.4)

CW:
    8pm- The Originals- 1.90m (0.9)
    9pm- Supernatural (series premiere)- 2.50m (1.2)

A lot of things were down, but good to see New Girl bounce back, hopefully over 4m if it's adjusted in the finales. Healthy start for SPN on the CW too!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    1.44m? You sure? :O I just did a quick google (usually it hits around the 2.1m mark) and it says 2.45m! If it is 2.45m, that is the highest rating this series, and if it was 1.44m, then it's pretty much a certain to be cancelled :p

I looked on Zap2it and that's what I found. :confused: Not too sure.
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NBC:

ABC:

CBS:
    8pm- NCIS- 17.87m (2.7)

FOX:
    8pm- Dads- 3.11m (1.3)

CW:

A lot of things were down, but good to see New Girl bounce back, hopefully over 4m if it's adjusted in the finales. Healthy start for SPN on the CW too!

??? From a 4.5 to a 2.9 ??! was that a repeat or something?
  • AdsAds Posts: 37,037
    Forum Member
    How long has the CW got till its closed down? It must regularly get beaten by some of the bigger cable networks now.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilesb wrote: »
    ??? From a 4.5 to a 2.9 ??! was that a repeat or something?

Clip show (I think it might be a "best of" auditions).
    Ads wrote: »
    How long has the CW got till its closed down? It must regularly get beaten by some of the bigger cable networks now.

It always has been since it began. The CW was 13th last week. In adults 18-49 it was tied 9th with FX, A&E, Comedy Central and Adult Swim. But they don't really target such broad audiences anyway. And I think the international sales element of so many of their shows keeps the whole thing going.
  • sn_22sn_22 Posts: 6,459
    Forum Member
    NBC:

ABC:

CBS:
    8pm- NCIS- 17.87m (2.7)

FOX:
    8pm- Dads- 3.11m (1.3)

CW:

Bit of a bizarre fall for NCIS, is it not?! Really weird.

Aside from that, the CW had the best night really. The Originals very close to its premiere behind Vampire Diaries and a great return for the evergreen Supernatural.

NBC can be pleased with Chicago Fire. Of course it'll drop without a The Voice original as lead-in, but it still topped Person of Interest. You'd have said that was very unlikely a year ago.

SHIELD falling still isn't a surprise! but it really needs to stop soon before ABC's Tuesday returns to being the disaster we've become accustomed to. I can't see any of the comedies surviving in the long run.

On a broader note, it is interesting to see comedies suffer. A season or two back, they were the 'in' thing. Everyone decided audiences wanted to laugh their way through the recession and all broadcasters tried new comedy blocks. Now CBS is sinking on Mondays, ABC and Fox are sinking on Tuesdays and NBC still suck on Thursdays. Even your the blockbuster comedy blocks on Wednesday and Thursday appear rather propped up by one smash hit show.
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,419
    Forum Member
    Good idea

I can't see Beauty and the beast making it to season 3. Terrible show anyway
    Somehow i think Hart of dixie may make it to seasson 4, mainly for syndication purposes,

Can someone explain what syndication actually means? And why a show has to make it past season 4? :o:o

Really good idea about having this thread btw :D