Kate Bush to do live shows in London later this year!!!!

18910111214»

Comments

• Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would think that this will be the 'show' part of the performance, as opposed to the physical leaping around of the only other tour she did.

Not at all. Singing the beloved songs well is guaranteed to please 100% of the audience.

Given the price of the tickets I think there will be plenty of people who will be expecting more than Kate "singing well beloved songs well"!

Roger Waters doing The Wall, for example, is said to have cost @ £37 million to produce and tour and yet the ticket price was less than a top-price ticket for Kate.
  • uniqueunique Posts: 12,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Given the price of the tickets I think there will be plenty of people who will be expecting more than Kate "singing well beloved songs well"!

Roger Waters doing The Wall, for example, is said to have cost @ £37 million to produce and tour and yet the ticket price was less than a top-price ticket for Kate.

rogers show was probably one of the most amazing live experiences I've ever seen, and that's just based on videos as I didn't go. but he was playing stadiums and enormodomes to tens of thousands of people per night, and played loads of shows, whilst kate is playing only 22 and it's just 4200 capacity, and tickets vary from about £50-£135 or something like that, so the total ticket take minus costs of venue hire, security, lights, PA, etc doesn't leave anything like what roger waters would have got. in fact the total gross of ticket sales for her run is about a quarter of what you said rogers show cost to produce.

I'm sure she will do something though, altho if she just turns up and plays that's more than enough. certainly a lot more than the last 35 years. I'd rather have some cool guest like Gilmour and Gabriel than visuals. but then again the visuals George Michael had for his last tours were amazing. he just stood and sang and the band were in the background and the visuals filled the stage
  • PoppySeedPoppySeed Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unique wrote: »
    rogers show was probably one of the most amazing live experiences I've ever seen, and that's just based on videos as I didn't go. but he was playing stadiums and enormodomes to tens of thousands of people per night, and played loads of shows, whilst kate is playing only 22 and it's just 4200 capacity, and tickets vary from about £50-£135 or something like that, so the total ticket take minus costs of venue hire, security, lights, PA, etc doesn't leave anything like what roger waters would have got. in fact the total gross of ticket sales for her run is about a quarter of what you said rogers show cost to produce.

I'm sure she will do something though, altho if she just turns up and plays that's more than enough. certainly a lot more than the last 35 years. I'd rather have some cool guest like Gilmour and Gabriel than visuals. but then again the visuals George Michael had for his last tours were amazing. he just stood and sang and the band were in the background and the visuals filled the stage

I think this is probably most likely what will happen with Kate, she'll sing, her band will be amazing and the visuals will fill the stage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Don't get me wrong, I've been a big fan of hers ever since I purchased Wuthering Heights in Woolworths in 1978.

I saw The Wall live twice, however things do have to be taken in context.

Of course I'm not expecting to see an equivalent size show, in both scale and cost, as The Wall, but I disagree with the idea that Kate "singing well-beloved songs well" will satisfy everyone given the price of the tickets. People do expect a certain amount of "bang for their buck" these days, that was the point I was trying to make.

In terms of an audio visual experience Tool are the complete masters, their live show is an amazing experience.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PoppySeed wrote: »
    I think this is probably most likely what will happen with Kate, she'll sing, her band will be amazing and the visuals will fill the stage.

I fully expect the same. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't get me wrong, I've been a big fan of hers ever since I purchased Wuthering Heights in Woolworths in 1978.

I saw The Wall live twice, however things do have to be taken in context.

do you meant the original Floyd at earls court or later roger shows? it would have been amazing at earls court. I have video of one of the shows plus video rehearsals before the run started

Of course I'm not expecting to see an equivalent size show, in both scale and cost, as The Wall, but I disagree with the idea that Kate "singing well-beloved songs well" will satisfy everyone given the price of the tickets. People do expect a certain amount of "bang for their buck" these days, that was the point I was trying to make.

In terms of an audio visual experience Tool are the complete masters, their live show is an amazing experience.

I'm not expecting a huge thing either, and of course everyone expects different things and has different levels of satisfaction, but for an artist that can perform without requiring gimmicks like many current stars, it would be more than enough for many if not most if she simply performed her music. of course I expect there will be more to it than that. £150 for a good musical performance without any farting around and distractions can be plenty bang for buck
  • pinkitspinkits Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    Anyone received their tickets yet?
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pinkits wrote: »
    Don't they usually arrive weeks before the gig?
  • Shady_Pines1Shady_Pines1 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going on September 6th which is incidentally Roger Waters' birthday! She can sing baa baa black sheep as far as I'm concerned, the fact that it's HER is enough for me.

I really appreciate the fact she hasn't gone down the O2 route but has chosen a venue that means something to her and the fans and she'll be clearly visible, not just a tiny dot in a huge arena.

I saw the original (well 2nd lot) of the Earls Court shows of The Wall back in 1982 so I can die happy knowing I saw both my idols.
  • pinkitspinkits Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    gold2040 wrote: »
    Don't they usually arrive weeks before the gig?

That is what I was wondering, sometimes I've had tickets early and sometimes near the gig.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    do you meant the original Floyd at earls court or later roger shows? it would have been amazing at earls court. I have video of one of the shows plus video rehearsals before the run started

Sadly only Roger's shows, but they were amazing. I'm always wary of going to somewhere like Wembley Stadium for a show as the sound is invariably dire, but the one thing £30+ million does get you is a truely state of the art sound system! I was talking to Jerry Ewing, the editor of Prog magazine and he said it was the best sound he had heard at any show of that size.

Roger has always said several of the shows were filmed and he wants to get the legalities sorted out so they can be remastered and released.
    I'm not expecting a huge thing either, and of course everyone expects different things and has different levels of satisfaction, but for an artist that can perform without requiring gimmicks like many current stars, it would be more than enough for many if not most if she simply performed her music. of course I expect there will be more to it than that. £150 for a good musical performance without any farting around and distractions can be plenty bang for buck

I think it will be a spectacular show and I'm really looking forward to it, I think the one thing we can all agree on it that it will be a unique event, one that I don't expect to ever see repeated in my lifetime.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is what I was wondering, sometimes I've had tickets early and sometimes near the gig.

I think these will arrive close to the date to try to deter people from selling them on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sadly only Roger's shows, but they were amazing. I'm always wary of going to somewhere like Wembley Stadium for a show as the sound is invariably dire, but the one thing £30+ million does get you is a truely state of the art sound system! I was talking to Jerry Ewing, the editor of Prog magazine and he said it was the best sound he had heard at any show of that size.

Roger has always said several of the shows were filmed and he wants to get the legalities sorted out so they can be remastered and released.

I think it will be a spectacular show and I'm really looking forward to it, I think the one thing we can all agree on it that it will be a unique event, one that I don't expect to ever see repeated in my lifetime.

rogers always been into both the theatrical side of shows as well as the hi tech audio side, such as the quadrophonic sound during the pro's and cons tour, and the live quad sound in the 70s. I didn't know there were legal issues holding up the bluray of the current tour. it should be a great disc. I know a few years ago they discovered the original live wall footage from the 80s and it was in much better condition than previously thought and it was considered for release. but they take forever to release stuff. like the WYWH 5.1 mix that should have been out in 2005 and the wall bluray

speaking of which, I don't know they they won't release the kate videos officially on dvd. there are also a good 10 to 20 decent dvd bootlegs of kate stuff from tv appearances etc. hopefully they do a bluray of these shows and the cameras don't get in the way too much
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

usually tickets are sent about a month before the date for events like this to reduce fakes and reselling
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rogers always been into both the theatrical side of shows as well as the hi tech audio side, such as the quadrophonic sound during the pro's and cons tour, and the live quad sound in the 70s. I didn't know there were legal issues holding up the bluray of the current tour. it should be a great disc. I know a few years ago they discovered the original live wall footage from the 80s and it was in much better condition than previously thought and it was considered for release. but they take forever to release stuff. like the WYWH 5.1 mix that should have been out in 2005 and the wall bluray

speaking of which, I don't know they they won't release the kate videos officially on dvd. there are also a good 10 to 20 decent dvd bootlegs of kate stuff from tv appearances etc. hopefully they do a bluray of these shows and the cameras don't get in the way too much

The legal issues were around the original Earl's Court concerts in the early 1980s. :)

I wonder if there is a DVD/Bluray of Kate's original Hammersmith Odeon show being lined up to co-incide with her shows later in the year as well.
  • Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long do you think she's likely to perform for? If the rumours of the show revolving around her and the piano are true then I reckon it could be two parts of 50mins each with an interval in between.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The legal issues were around the original Earl's Court concerts in the early 1980s. :)

I wonder if there is a DVD/Bluray of Kate's original Hammersmith Odeon show being lined up to co-incide with her shows later in the year as well.

was the original shot on film or video? as video can be made into a nice bluray in HD potentially but if it's video the best is upscalled to HD. the bbc special would make a nice extra too
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd forgotten I had tickets! Would be nice to really see them
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    was the original shot on film or video? as video can be made into a nice bluray in HD potentially but if it's video the best is upscalled to HD. the bbc special would make a nice extra too

From what I have read it was shot on film. :)
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently half an hour of the tour advertisement, the tickets were sold out. So I didn't even bother. Would love to see her. I am sure the live shows will be shown on the TV at some point.