The Undateables Return Tonight....

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    lesleyanne wrote: »
    She isn't! Brent was the 'undateable' one, he has Tourette's.

oh right i just got confused because of another post and i wasnt watching from the start
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lesleyanne wrote: »
    She isn't! Brent was the 'undateable' one, he has Tourette's.

See, I would say that it would be Michael. At least the other boy and the girl could relate in a usual way to other people.
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,667
    Forum Member
    Brent and Lizzie seemed like a really great match as did Sarah and her bloke.

Loving Michael's business card approach. :D

To be honest I'm more "undateable" than any of these people so far. Feel very depressed and unlovable now. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    See, I would say that it would be Michael. At least the other boy and the girl could relate in a usual way to other people.

No, I meant that Brent was the undateable one on his date.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    I wish there'd been an update at the end to show if any of them had found love with the people they went on dates with, or with anyone else. Brent and Lizzy were really cute together!
  • redandwhiterobredandwhiterob Posts: 1,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only thing I found uncomfortable was when Michael went speed dating, dancing then following that poor lass round the room. Was quite clear the lass wasnt interested but felt pressured not to let him down cos the cameras were there. Very awkward viewing

Rest of the program I found very interesting indeed
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only thing I found uncomfortable was when Michael went speed dating, dancing then following that poor lass round the room. Was quite clear the lass wasnt interested but felt pressured not to let him down cos the cameras were there. Very awkward viewing

Rest of the program I found very interesting indeed

Yes that's how I felt too when he did that.
    I suspect he'll fall in 'love' with any girl he meets.
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I have to say I have a bit of a crush on Brent! I thought him and Lizzie made a great couple.
  • Jules_BaxterJules_Baxter Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is a very nice side to Autism and such like that Micheal just seems to seek companionship and a soul mate, no shallowness or being orientated by a girls looks or what they do for a living or their intelligence etc etc it was all about just connecting with someone - I think his mum can be proud of him.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    The girl who had a stroke was a really pretty young girl, clearly dateable, IMO.
  • euphieeuphie Posts: 2,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brent and Lizzie seemed like a really great match as did Sarah and her bloke.

Loving Michael's business card approach. :D

To be honest I'm more "undateable" than any of these people so far. Feel very depressed and unlovable now. :(

It was nice seeing them getting some success with dates - I feel undatable at the minute, but watching this has shown that there is someone for us all regardless of what is 'wrong' with us. We're all flawed in some way IMO
  • jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    None of them are really undateable, if you watch the opening credits it shows Cupid shooting the "Un" part of the word meaning they can all find someone. How successful they will be is obviously down to their disabilities but as they say the path to true love is never smooth.
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luca wrote: »
    So they've run out of ugly people to exploit, now let's move on to people with mental health issues to use as camera fodder.

Similar to my thoughts. Plus, the fact is that none of them was infact un-dateable in the first place! Michael had his list of 17 women he had gone out with, some very briefly, but 17 is a better number than most aged 26! Then Brent had only been single for a mere 10 months for heaven's sake, hardly an eternity even at 21. Even the 22 year old, who had suffered a terrible stroke wickedly young was in a relationship when it happened. So the name of the programme was not only unkind, but untrue.
  • Emma_BeckEmma_Beck Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    What makes it sick?

What makes it sick are the people laughing their heads off on twitter at a man with Aspergers. My son has Aspergers and I guess the only thing I get out of this is knowing I have to explain to him exactly how vile and ugly inside some people are.

I find the programme uncomfortable and will not be watching again.
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got the feeling Sarah's bloke was more uncomfortable with her silence than he let on because he was on camera. Although he said they'd be going out again, I'm not so convinced.

Brent and Lizzie did seem to hit it off but I think Lizzie probably has a lot of options.

I would love to see a follow up.

Michael and his date were sweet but how would they make a relationship work without a chaperone? I have been given a business card on a first date and ended up in a relationship with the guy so I think it's an okay thing to do. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Emma_Beck wrote: »
    What makes it sick are the people laughing their heads off on twitter at a man with Aspergers. My son has Aspergers and I guess the only thing I get out of this is knowing I have to explain to him exactly how vile and ugly inside some people are.

I find the programme uncomfortable and will not be watching again.

There wasn't anyone with Asperger's this episode (there was last series).

Michael was autistic.
  • HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Michael, watching it now and hes hillarious at the speed dating thing, lmao!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    maybe they see themselves as undateable because of their issues.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else watching tonight's episode?

I couldn't watch last week. Interesting to see how things goes with Sam, shame we won't see last week's datables.

From the adverts it looks like Ray won't have much luck.
  • horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am watching .... hope Sam finds a nice man....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This guy is undateable as he supports Leeds....
  • CherrybomberCherrybomber Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else watching tonight's episode?

I couldn't watch last week. Interesting to see how things goes with Sam, shame we won't see last week's datables.

From the adverts it looks like Ray won't have much luck.

I am watching.
    I enjoy it but I also feel that its intrusive, or maybe that's exploitative.

I am also concerned about dating agencies for people with learning difficulties but I am not sure why.

I do like the attitude of Sam, she has a good sense of humour.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really liking Sam, I think she has a good attitude and outlook. Her reaction in the clip where her date reveals a liking for Genesis has already made my day!
  • CasualCasual Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aw poor guy :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve would be a great boyfriend .... nice chap