The Sound of the Voice

StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
Forum Member
(if you were wondering, this is a game – not some thread waffling on about how the sound of the voice is more important than the smell or the taste)

Hello! In this game, four forum members will become coaches for the next… few weeks, and will try to find the artists that they believe they can make as successful as Leanne Mitchell. And that’s successful.

But to paraphrase Chubby Checker, there’s a twist. The artists will be people who have already experienced fame (moreso than her who sang with Meatloaf and him from Hear’say). If a coach likes the artist, they give them a ‘yes’. If not, it’s a ‘no’.

I’ve tried to introduce a few extra things to spice the game up. If the teams of 10 are not full by the fourth ‘episode’, then the coach can invite back one previously rejected act. This will be done on a first-come, first-served basis. Another is something called joint-coaching. If only one coach says 'yes', then the act automatically goes onto their team. If two or three say 'yes', the remaining coach(es) will decide who the act goes based on the pledges. If four say 'yes', I will choose. However, if two coaches make equally good pledges, the other coaches/I can give the act to both coaches. However, this will change at the battles, when each mentor chooses a song for that act and the other two must choose which is best and therefore – who gets the act. Then, at the ‘knockout’ stage, the coaches will split their teams of six into two group. They will choose a song for each group, and then must eliminate one of them to make their final six. Harsh, but true! And finally, at the live shows, the other three coaches will mark the artist’s song choice out of ten – five for suitability to the artist, and five for originality. This will create a leaderboard, which will be combined with the votes from the public to decide who leaves from each team - although if one act is dead bottom, then they leave automatically, meaning that coach is not put up for the vote.

The four coaches are signed up and raring to go for the first show at 4pm today, so if you’ve got nothing better to do, join us!

Comments