David Bowie makes a rare public appearance with wife Iman

Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2490278/David-Bowie-makes-rare-public-appearance-wife-Iman-event-honour-video-star-Tilda-Swinton.html

I thought it would be nice to have a thread in here about someone who is actually talented and likeable. ;):D

Doesn't he look well here! :) Lovely to see David in the public eye again, even if only at one event. And he's always going to be gorgeous isn't he? I'm sure I'll still fancy him when he's 80.

I really do hope he'll do one more tour/some concerts before he bows out for good. I've never seen him live but I've been a huge fan for years now.

Oh, and I love Tilda too. She's fantastic - love how she doesn't give a stuff about what anyone thinks of her. Wish I had her confidence.

Comments

• DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting that.
    It was great to see DB looking so good.:)
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting that.
    It was great to see DB looking so good.:)

Glad you enjoyed it - the pictures put a big smile on my face too.

He looks great with a little bit more meat on him. I remember a few years ago there were rumours he was ill so hopefully that was never true. If it was, he's bounced back amazingly.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great to see the man himself!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    They are such a beautiful couple, and always so happy
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is always so stylish. McCartney could learn from him .... He tries and fails to look young. A baggy suit and always trainers and his dyed hair. Awful.:eek:
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He had his son educated at Gordonstoun in Scotland. Very conservative.
    He was called Zowie I think but changed it to Duncan.
    A legend
  • victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    He is always so stylish. McCartney could learn from him .... He tries and fails to look young. A baggy suit and always trainers and his dyed hair. Awful.:eek:

Bowie dyes his hair.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If I may digress for a moment please; PMcC gets more like Ken Dodd every times I see him.:D :o
  • BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    Iman is fabulous for 58
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iman looks great.
  • gv6lgv6l Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The cake 😀😀😀!
  • Misty08Misty08 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You seriously think that`s Bowie`s natural hair colour?
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He looked great!
  • QueeniepopsQueeniepops Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I worship the Bowie, skips of humming 'John I'm only dancing', such total dignity, there's nobody to touch him IMO x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    victor mel wrote: »
    Bowie dyes his hair.

Well in those pics and in other recent pics it looks a natural colour with silvery grey at the temples.

Paul McCartney has hair the colour of a conker which looks plain daft against his white, wrinkly skin.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Iman is an absolute goddess. 58!! She looks better than women half her age!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iman is an absolute goddess. 58!! She looks better than women half her age!

She is truly stunning isn't she?
  • Misty08Misty08 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well in those pics and in other recent pics it looks a natural colour with silvery grey at the temples.

Paul McCartney has hair the colour of a conker which looks plain daft against his white, wrinkly skin.
    Ah well - at least he`s not a tax exile.
  • wintersnow1979wintersnow1979 Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Misty08 wrote: »

Exactly. All this Bowie is so cool crap...

Wasn't so long ago he was spouting racist nonsense.

McCartney will never be cool, might die his hair etc. But he's a melodic genius who isn't appreciated by his own country.
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What racist nonsense?
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

McCartney will never be cool, might die his hair etc. But he's a melodic genius who isn't appreciated by his own country.

Bowie has never been a racist. This is pure fiction.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Misty08 wrote: »

At least Bowie doesn't embarrass himself by singing plink plonk wings inspired bilge like mccartneys latest record. It is truly awful and like something from the 70s.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    haphash wrote: »
    Bowie has never been a racist. This is pure fiction.

The rumours of Bowie being a racist stem from his flirtation with fascism around 1974. Setting aside the "Victoria Station Nazi Salute" thing, which is so ambiguous it's actually funny, David did go on record at least twice stating his admiration for Adolf Hitler. He's subsequently refuted that he feels that way, but it *WAS* said and reported by journalists. Some of the more die-hard Bowie fans feel that he should be forgiven for that, as he was gakked out of his head on Class A's at the time. Fascism doesn't necessarily = racism, but that is the source of some long standing rumours.
  • MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Farmer Ted wrote: »
    The rumours of Bowie being a racist stem from his flirtation with fascism around 1974. Setting aside the "Victoria Station Nazi Salute" thing, which is so ambiguous it's actually funny, David did go on record at least twice stating his admiration for Adolf Hitler. He's subsequently refuted that he feels that way, but it *WAS* said and reported by journalists. Some of the more die-hard Bowie fans feel that he should be forgiven for that, as he was gakked out of his head on Class A's at the time. Fascism doesn't necessarily = racism, but that is the source of some long standing rumours.

The Nazis were pretty snappy dressers though.
  • wintersnow1979wintersnow1979 Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    At least Bowie doesn't embarrass himself by singing plink plonk wings inspired bilge like mccartneys latest record. It is truly awful and like something from the 70s.

Don't get your argument. I would think being a Bowie fan meant you loved music from the 70's?? :confused:
    Why McCartney had to be dragged into a discussion on Bowie is sad, smacks of playground bullying. So what if Paul has dodgy hair. What has it got to do with anything?? Why can't people be kinder. Are we all so perfect we say anything without regard.