• Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody hell Blondie you will be skint in a day :D

World hunger could be wiped out in an episode of My Life :p
  • Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We are not taking about the past.. We are talking about his foundation are we not :confused:

Yes we are, that he is fronting, that he is promoting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    World hunger could be wiped out in an episode of My Life :p

Not that you would waste your time watching it :D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £1 donation every time he mentions loving his kids.....

Least his kids know they're loved..no harm in repeating it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    claire33 wrote: »

Can you really tell your kids you love them enough :eek:
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Kay2000 wrote: »
    Has he not actively done things in the past for charity? Are we really going to stoop so low as to criticise anyone that's trying to raise money for a charity that will unfortunately effect most of us, is this how low some people's dislike for someone has become, remove those hate filled gasses just for one day.

It's not a case of disliking him or even hating him for that matter, as I certainly don't, yes I find him a needy, little twit but in no way hate him.
    It's the fact he's made this pledge to CR & to date I see very little chance of him coming good but again I hope he proves me wrong.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes we are, that he is fronting, that he is promoting.

Being a face isn't enough ..Proactive action is needed ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being a face isn't enough ..Proactive action is needed ...

And im sure he will, just as im sure you will knock him for it :D
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member

To his kids or tell the world first? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you really tell your kids you love them enough :eek:

That's my whole point no, but yet ppl like to take the pee out of someone showing an emotion.
    Forum Member

My parents never once told me they loved me but I knew without a shadow of doubt they did.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a case of disliking him or even hating him for that matter, as I certainly don't, yes I find him a needy, little twit but in no way hate him.
    It's the fact he's made this pledge to CR & to date I see very little chance of him coming good but again I hope he proves me wrong.

It was aimed at Betty, he has made the pledge, so now lets see if he pulls it off before pulling him apart, that is all i am saying.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »

Either way there should be more saying it and yes telling the world your proud and you love your kids. :D

More should.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My parents never once told me they loved me but I knew without a shadow of doubt they did.

Would of been nice to have been told, im sure.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have seen him on numerous TV shows promoting the charity.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Prob some don't. I agree a parent doesn't have to say it but nice when they do and not a thing wrong in it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »

Do you really see that as being a bad thing :eek: He loves his kids, he tells them daily, he tells the world daily, is that such a bad thing for you to beat him with? How very sad some's childhood must have been :cry: Think some need a real big hug :D:D
    Forum Member
    Would of been nice to have been told, im sure.

To be honest I never gave it much thought, my parents were old school & weren't people to show their feelings but as I said I never doubted their love for me.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    It would be interesting to know whether they have many/any professional fundraisers as part of the team, Lexi. If they're aiming to raise millions every year it seems a good investment. Hopefully it's retrievable because he should get media attention as long as they arrange something attention grabbing which involves him personally.

For CR's sake, I hope they have. Thing is, PA & co have a ready-made bank of supporters in CR's database - which is huge - and which I assume will be put at their disposal for any event, so they're ahead already in theory, but they must come up with a clearly defined plan of action in order to energise the appeal and get people on board. It doesn't matter how far ahead a proposed event is (even if its something like eg. getting a team together for next's yr's Marathon), just get it out there so there's some substance behind the appeal. And then build on it.

Talking about the Foundation's remit is fine as long as it's accompanied fairly swiftly by a plan of action about what the Foundation is actually planning on doing to raise that money.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Either way there should be more saying it and yes telling the world your proud and you love your kids. :D

More should.

Its not what you say its what you do that counts, and in andres case regarding the sale of his kids childhood, thats pretty poor !
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Most kids know they're loved without the parents being thought of as special for doing do. It's the default setting as a parent

I'm sure all celebs love their kids but don't need to use that as their USP or expect to be rewarded for doing so. Anyway,. actions speak far louder than words ever can
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest I never gave it much thought, my parents were old school & weren't people to show their feelings but as I said I never doubted their love for me.

Mine were the same, never heard those words, you just knew, but they still would of been nice :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most kids know they're loved without the parents being thought of as special for doing do. It's the default setting as a parent

I'm sure all celebs love their kids but don't need to use that as their USP or expect to be rewarded for doing so. Anyway,. actions speak far louder than words ever can

So now its wrong for him to be vocal about loving his kids. I tell my daughter too, nothing wrong in it whatsoever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would PA have been more enthusiastic about CR if the amount of dosh donated to his fan site had met what he considers a decent level of adoration for him ;)
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine were the same, never heard those words, you just knew, but they still would of been nice :)

I LOVE YOU Kay2000 ... I agree being told you are loved is a great thing..
    But if it's said 100 times a day ..it just becomes 3 words.. And it's meaning becomes worthless..
This discussion has been closed.