Samsung Galaxy Tab2 update for 3G version?

OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
Forum Member
✭✭
Has anyone had an official Jellybean update for their Galaxy Tab2 with 3G?

It seems the non 3G versions got the update around the new year but still nothing on my 3G version. I had read that it was being rolled out across Europe a couple months ago.

I've tried Kies and OTA updating but no sign yet.

Comments

• SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I up-dated my Wifi Tab2 10.1 about November last year and sorry but have no idea about the 3G model but here is a link to Samsung software pages if you don’t already have it.

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/#firmware
  • OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thanks for the link, looks like Samsung still haven't released the Tab2 3G jellybean update yet.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thanks for the link, looks like Samsung still haven't released the Tab2 3G jellybean update yet.

That's disgraceful really considering that the wifi version got the update almost 6 months ago.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's disgraceful really considering that the wifi version got the update almost 6 months ago.

It is a little annoying as I remember when you posted about your jellybean update last christmas :D

While it's not great problem, it did make me wonder whether Samsung had given up on supporting the 3G version of which they must have sold loads when they were sold cheap on Amazon (plus the £50 cashback as well)
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is a little annoying as I remember when you posted about your jellybean update last christmas :D

While it's not great problem, it did make me wonder whether Samsung had given up on supporting the 3G version of which they must have sold loads when they were sold cheap on Amazon (plus the £50 cashback as well)

Yeah I know that seems like it was ages ago:)
    They probably have too many products and they may have forgotten about your version. Hopefully they will remember and pushing out soon. How can they give up on it? It doesn't make sense, if the wifi version is capable of running jelly bean then the 3G version surely is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I'd assume the two aren't very different, probably just got an extra chip fitted and an antenna or something..... oh well I'll keep waiting
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    can you not update it by kies?

edit. just seen your end of message. i updated mine through kies though yet mine isnt 3g