The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 49)

Comments

• IluzionistaIluzionista Posts: 5,406
    Forum Member
    Happy b-day Lee.
    Trouble passed 5m views http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5U6CaNlyEQ
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alanlamnam wrote: »
    My idealistic Glassheart saving plan: :rolleyes:

April - Glassheart tour
    May - Glassheart tour then studio session for US release of the album and start The Body Shop Promo Campaign in the US with Lovebird as the commercial song/ promotional single (I can see her going on the Ellen Show to talk about how she loves animals and everything about her passion)
    June - Release Glassheart as the US lead single with an epic video
    July - Release Glassheart in the UK if the response is good, release Glassheart the album in the US by the end of the month
    August - Release Sugar or Come Alive as the 2nd US single
    September - More promotion for the 2nd single and US leg of the Glassheart tour
    October - More touring in the US and release a US bonus track (maybe Burn) in UK with the European re-release of Glassheart
    November - Release the new song (Burn!) as the 3rd US single
    December - NO PROMOTION IN WINTER - MAMA BUNNY NEEDS THAT WINTER BREAK - TOO EASY TO GET ILL
    January - *same as above*
    February - Release Shake You Up as the 4th US single with some award show performances (in the UK too if she has a chance to perform at the Brits)

AND WE'LL SAVE ANOTHER GLASSHEART :cool:

I know this probably will never happen but let's make this the bunnies' birthday wish... :cry:
    but she has a new album coming out end this year :p and by then Glassheart will be very outdated :p
    Forum Member
    She said on that signing she has new stuff. It doesn't necessarily mean new album It could be just a new single by the end of the year, it could be re-release of GH, it could be best of. I suppose they're gonna launch some single and if it smashes they're gonna go for the album release at the end of the year and if it doesn't it's gonna be delayed for 2014.
  • fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    She said on that signing she has new stuff. It doesn't necessarily mean new album It could be just a new single by the end of the year, it could be re-release of GH, it could be best of. I suppose they're gonna launch some single and if it smashes they're gonna go for the album release at the end of the year and if it doesn't it's gonna be delayed for 2014.
    I don't think they'll delay the release. The only reason why Glassheart was delayed was Leona. She said it herself that if it was up to her label she'd release albums every year.
  • alanlamnamalanlamnam Posts: 686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    but she has a new album coming out end this year :p and by then Glassheart will be very outdated :p

Honestly, Glassheart is absolutely brilliant but I'm feeling that the electro dancepop trend is starting to fade too. It's been 2 years since Britney started it with Hold It Against Me. I doubt she will release a new album this year. Leona's clocks run so slowly (we know she stops them some nights :p) that I don't think she will produce a new album so efficiently.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well, an insider told to I don't know who that she left Modest and that's she releasing a new album end this year.
  • spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think everyone needs to accept Glassheart is as good as dead now and has been for a loooong time. I don't see any re-releases on the horizon either since they don't really sell like they did back in 07/08. They'll put out a new album at the end of the year. Just like they do with all their other acts.
    Forum Member
    Well, an insider told to I don't know who that she left Modest and that's she releasing a new album end this year.

There's been so many fake insider stories so far that I actually question this one as well. And we all know plans change so fast. I really doubt they're gonna rush the release no matter what.

If they don't pay attention to the quality of the songs she's just gonna be one of many artists out there who release lead single which spends one week in top10, score a week or two in top10 with the album and then just disappear until next record which follows the same pattern.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's been so many fake insider stories so far that I actually question this one as well. And we all know plans change so fast. I really doubt they're gonna rush the release no matter what.

If they don't pay attention to the quality of the songs she's just gonna be one of many artists out there who release lead single which spends one week in top10, score a week or two in top10 with the album and then just disappear until next record which follows the same pattern.

I'm not talking about a re release though because that will never happen imo.

And they paid attention to the quality of the songs for Glassheart and it also got couple of weeks in top 10 so there is no difference ;)
    Demo's are sent to her label since couple of week and the insider was the first one to reveal she left Modest though..+ she has new stuff like she said.
  • LeonagwenLeonagwen Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alanlamnam wrote: »
    Honestly, Glassheart is absolutely brilliant but I'm feeling that the electro dancepop trend is starting to fade too. It's been 2 years since Britney started it with Hold It Against Me. I doubt she will release a new album this year. Leona's clocks run so slowly (we know she stops them some nights :p) that I don't think she will produce a new album so efficiently.

Glassheart would have been massive if they released it as a single.No excuse not to release it.
  • spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What do you mean? That's the type of artist she is at the moment haha. It's this they need to change, her lack of longevity these days is awful.
    Forum Member
    I'm not talking about a re release though because that will never happen imo.

And they paid attention to the quality of the songs for Glassheart and it also got couple of weeks in top 10 so there is no difference ;)
    Demo's are sent to her label since couple of week and the insider was the first one to reveal she left Modest though..+ she has new stuff like she said.

We all know the quality isn't the problem with Glassheart but hesitation and singles choices.

Never mind, we'll see what happens.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leonagwen wrote: »
    Glassheart would have been massive if they released it as a single.No excuse not to release it.

Releasing Glassheart now is like releasing a Vengaboys song in 2013
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I need the first 2 singles from the next album to be A listed by Radio 2, these are the type of listeners she needs to secure next era! She lost them this era sadly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Releasing Glassheart now is like releasing a Vengaboys song in 2013

Why? Most non leona fans have never heard it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I need the first 2 singles from the next album to be A listed by Radio 2, these are the type of listeners she needs to secure next era! She lost them this era sadly.

Glassheart or Come alive would have been A listed if they were released.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It doesn't matter now. It's too late to release it and the song has become dated. If she was going to release it, she should have done it in 2012 when that sound was still hot. Rihanna has a similar song with Right Now yet she has opted not to release it yet as this sound is dying out....

I even get the feeling that Leona herself doesn't like the song, hence why she has only performed Glassheart 1.0 live, and why when anyone asks her if she's going to release it she just responds with "everyone says that".

I'd rather Leona did just move on from this album and focus on getting some strong, fresher material to put out later this year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's not a reason to release a song. Glassheart's sound is outdated.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »

I'd rather Leona did just move on from this album and focus on getting some strong, fresher material to put out later this year.

Let Leona focus on the tour first :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glassheart or Come alive would have been A listed if they were released.

Not by Radio 2 they wouldn't! :p Radio 1 maybe, but Radio 2 are bigger and if you ask me more important for someone like Leona, especially as far as the album sales go. We need R2 on our side!
  • Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She just reminds me of the big gob girl from Glee Rachel.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let Leona focus on the tour first :D

That too...:p
  • EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member
    That's not a reason to release a song. Glassheart's sound is outdated.

Lmfao, hardly.

Happy Birthday Leona!
  • fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member

If they don't pay attention to the quality of the songs she's just gonna be one of many artists out there who release lead single which spends one week in top10, score a week or two in top10 with the album and then just disappear until next record which follows the same pattern

You perfectly described what happened to Leona :) but Glassheart is full of great songs.
  • gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulmusic wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Leona, & a happy birthday to Paul.
    It was so nice of Leona to have Nikitta & the guy with the big hair (forgot his name lol) from her XF year at her birthday party.
    I was also one of the lucky people to meet Leona at Cardiff Labyrinth tour. I spoke to Nicola, who said to get as many fans as possible and meet at the back of the venue, and she took us backstage to meet Leona, I was with Andy from London, Valentina & Vicky & Eric from the official forum. It was such a surprise and Leona took time with everyone.
    Excited about this new thing with Leona/Maloy. Can't believe we are in April & tour month.
    Read a few pages back about Nicole Sherzy (she was brilliant on Andrew Lloyd Webber show), would love Leona to do something like this.

Aw I totally forgot you were there, I don't think I said hello because I didn't know you were there! I do remember speaking to you about it after though aha!
This discussion has been closed.