‘Ashampoo Burning Studio v.12’ for £6.99; any good?

Hi, is £6.99 a good price to pay for ‘Ashampoo Burning Studio v.12’; it seems to be a big discount from the normal retail price. It’s actually £6.99 for download only, or £13.98 for download + CD by post.
I don’t really have time at the moment to fully evaluate the free trial version v.12 and I’m not sure how long the offer is valid for.
Anyone use ‘Ashampoo Burning Studio v.12’ (or previous versions).
I’m not familiar with Ashampoo software; any good?

Regards

Comments

• OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find their free version 6 for everyday burning of CD, DVD and ISO to discs more than capable, I tried v12 trial and didn't see anything I needed that wasn't on their free version. This version 12 has editing and other features that I've already got on my Sony video editing software.

I've used it the last couple years without issue.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    It's a fully fledged and easy to use burning app.

with several additional functions like
    -dvd and blu ray video authoring and editing like convertxtodvd kind of thing that also support boob ray, with custom menus
    -a back up solution
    -mp3 etc audio cd ripper

it's very good yeah. i guess someone cynical would say that you could replicate most of the functionality with freeware tools. but in reality they are much harder to use.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CDBurnerXP for everyday burning inc. DVD authoring
    Imgburn for simple copies/ISOs
    Audacity or Audiograbber for CD ripping or mp3 conversion

Backup it depends what you want and have access to. CDBurnerXP to make copies of documents, Ease US Disk Copy Home Edition to image a drive.

For some reason Macrium Reflect Free no longer works for me?

None are rocket science, I use them!
  • bri160356bri160356 Posts: 5,147
    Forum Member
    Hi, OP here: many thanks to all for the replies.

I’ve been doing lots of VHS Video to DVD conversion et-al recently and it’s the enhancements to that side of things on v.12 (not available on Version 6), that caught my eye.

I think I’ll have to break the habit of a lifetime; stop being a tight-arse and just buy it !

Regards
  • Helmut10Helmut10 Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use Ashampoo Burning Studio Elements version 10.0.9 and I used a version 6.70 a while back. That is also still available as version 6.84.

It's OK it works, but you can get versions of it for free, so no point in paying anything.

They maybe missing what you require though.

You have to register with Ashampoo (use a disposable Email Address), but you can opt out of 'advertising promotions' and they never send any spam.

There are several others for free like CDBurnerXP, ImgBurn etc.

Pay nothing, try it and see, no likee then uninstall.

http://www.ashampoo.com/en/usd/lpa/gift
  • barky99barky99 Posts: 3,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got version 11 of full suite here ... price? .. £0
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    barky99 wrote: »
    I've got version 11 of full suite here ... price? .. £0

Unless you're going to expand on that it doesn't seem very helpful.