✭✭✭
    I'd let her sit on my face.

That's very chivalrous.

But would she want to? :blush:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL the Op got totally owned on this one! :D:D:D

That'll teach them to go fishing aspersions in the perimenopausal pond of Jennifer's FC

:kitty:
  • Hairy_CaramelHairy_Caramel Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    That's very chivalrous.

But would she want to? :blush:

:D

I think it's very chivalrous for a gentlemen to offer his face as a seat should she need it.
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    :D

I think it's very chivalrous for a gentlemen to offer his face as a seat should she need it.

I think this smiliey would be more appropriate given your very generous offer. :p:p:p
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow a lot of touchy women on here

must have hit a nerve

Funny, I was just thinking that there are a lot of people like you, who are clearly trying to wind people up.

Isn't it odd how if someone disagrees with another poster, who posts something that frankly, most intelligent people would disagree with, there's always someone claiming that the first poster must have hit a nerve.

Sorry, you'll just have to try harder.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    Okay if she does not want kids(the press are the ones that insist she does), is single though her team do push the latest romance every time she has a movie out.

The big problem with Jen is:

Mid forties, she is no longer the hip rom com queen, she is not a movie opener. Sorry but that is the way Hollywood works. She played herself in 99.9% of the movies she made anyway. Only one movie she stepped out of the romantic type and that was way back in the 90s. Never happened again, not sure if The Good Girl was a serious attempt to move into serious acting or a lets try something different.

She needs to get herself a nice TV comedy show and realize she was never movie material to start with.

Why does she need to do that? Lots of her movies are very successful - some people love rom-coma, and she's good at them. I'd say she's been pretty successful playing in those kinds of films, and if that's hat she wants to keep doing, then great :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But so many people - especially other women - think if you don't have or want children you are abnormal and to be treated with distrust and disdain. As a childfree by choice woman who has just entered her 30s, I've been met with some very funny looks over the years when I've said I don't want children.

People also think not wanting children means you hate children. Maybe that's true for the more fanatical childfree, but you just can't generalise like that.

So true. I'm in my early 40s, happily married, and whenever people find out that we don't have children (which was our choice), we get people asking why not? For the same reason we don't have a horse or a Porsche (examples I've used in the past). We like them, but don't want one. I was constantly being told, "Oh, you'll change your mind," which is more than a bit patronising.

Also, if we had wanted children but were physically unable to have them - an assumption that's been made more than once - I'd imagine those kinds of questions could be quite hurtful.
  • Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    Okay if she does not want kids(the press are the ones that insist she does), is single though her team do push the latest romance every time she has a movie out.

The big problem with Jen is:

Mid forties, she is no longer the hip rom com queen, she is not a movie opener. Sorry but that is the way Hollywood works. She played herself in 99.9% of the movies she made anyway. Only one movie she stepped out of the romantic type and that was way back in the 90s. Never happened again, not sure if The Good Girl was a serious attempt to move into serious acting or a lets try something different.

She needs to get herself a nice TV comedy show and realize she was never movie material to start with.

In fairness, I doubt she's aiming to win an Oscar. I agree she's no Meryl Streep or Cate Blanchett but she seems to have carved a niche for herself in middle of the road feel good rom coms and to be doing very well at that.
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member

Horrible Bosses and We're the Millers wholeheartedly disagree with you. ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In fairness, I doubt she's aiming to win an Oscar. I agree she's no Meryl Streep or Cate Blanchett but she seems to have carved a niche for herself in middle of the road feel good rom coms and to be doing very well at that.

My thoughts exactly. I have to laugh at people saying she should do this, or she should do that. Why, exactly? She has a successful career, she's a great comic actress, and maybe that's what she wants to do. And she's lucky enough to be able to keep doing it, so why shouldn't she?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Shes beautiful, not working in a call centre, no ties, millionaire and can get any guy she wants. Id be happy with that
  • LoriseLorise Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »

Agree........We're the Millers is a great movie and all the cast were fab in it, have yet to see Horrible bosses.

She was also great in The Good Girl.
  • stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    I dont know why the media always make out that Jennifer Aniston has some terrible love life and is this lonely sole without a husband or family.
    She was together with Brad Pitt for 7 years, they were the Hollywood golden couple all through that time and she appeared to be very happy...hardly as if she has never had a relationship past a few weeks. She's also been in other long term relationship and has been with her current partner for a few years.
    Perhaps she doesn't want kids, she seems pretty career driven.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lorise wrote: »
    Agree........We're the Millers is a great movie and all the cast were fab in it, have yet to see Horrible bosses.

She was also great in The Good Girl.

It's a hideous movie, but it made massive amounts of money, to suggest she needs to change her career is frankly ludicrous, she's massively successful ATM, and will probably be for years.

She is one of the very few female Movie Openers in Hollywood, her last movie BTW 270 mil from 37 spent, think Hollywood will be quite happy with that.

I'm male btw, yet I still think the inherent sexism in the opening post is much more an indicator of the sad position in life of the poster himself than any real critique of Ms Aniston.
  • gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    bookaddict wrote: »
    Funny, I was just thinking that there are a lot of people like you, who are clearly trying to wind people up.

Isn't it odd how if someone disagrees with another poster, who posts something that frankly, most intelligent people would disagree with, there's always someone claiming that the first poster must have hit a nerve.

Sorry, you'll just have to try harder.

def hit a nerve then

thanks for proving my point
  • Fadge1968Fadge1968 Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    Heard Jen's at home tonight, doing her knitting, stroking her pussy-cat whilst drinking horlicks and picking her toenail.

Those sad middle aged childless women.....
  • ValentineValentine Posts: 3,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure the beautiful, successful and wealthy Jennifer Aniston must cry herself to sleep every night (*rolls eyes*)

As someone else has said, no-one questions Clooney - in his 50's, no kids, single (no 20 year old GF currently on the scene) - do they.

She was always too good for Brad Pitt anyway, just a shame it didn't work out with Vince Vaughan.

I'm in my 40's, single (by choice after being completely sh*t on by someone 3 years ago and after a pretty dull 23 year marriage to someone else) and I plan on remaining so. I do have a child and he's my world but it's her personal choice whether she wants children or not.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    def hit a nerve then

what nerve, what point? she's much more successful than you could ever imagine, if people disapprove of what you say as nonsense it's not proving your point, it's confirming it's nonsense.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bookaddict wrote: »
    So true. I'm in my early 40s, happily married, and whenever people find out that we don't have children (which was our choice), we get people asking why not? For the same reason we don't have a horse or a Porsche (examples I've used in the past). We like them, but don't want one. I was constantly being told, "Oh, you'll change your mind," which is more than a bit patronising.

Also, if we had wanted children but were physically unable to have them - an assumption that's been made more than once - I'd imagine those kinds of questions could be quite hurtful.

Exactly, bookaddict. You describe how it is for childless by choice people down to a T. The demands of "why not!" are especially galling - why would anyone think it's any of their business? Don't get me started on "you'll change your mind"...hopefully now I'm getting older I'll get less of that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    def hit a nerve then

In your dreams.

You should be much more subtle if you want to be any good at this. ;)
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    def hit a nerve then

I've not seen a single post on here that even comes close to proving your point. In fact, I'd say the evidence points to the complete opposite. Though, tbh, I'm not even sure you have a point :confused:
  • *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see anything wrong with her life. She's got it very good IMO.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Clem* wrote: »
    I can't see anything wrong with her life. She's got it very good IMO.

I don't rate her much as an actress (apart from in Marley & Me in which I was pleasantly surprised by her beautiful performance) and I don't think she's this ravishing beauty many others do, but I would still swap my life for hers in a heartbeat and I'm sure I'm far from the only one.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I said before, mid 40s. She no longer is the top name in a movie, younger actresses have moved into what she used to headline in. Recent movies, say last three years she is only now classed lower than the title of the movie, someone else is the headliner. So her days in movies unless she wants to move into the mother of teen actress who is the headliner are over. She has never been a serious actress, the rom coms she makes no longer make the big money, someone else has to be the main headliner.

I remember My Best Friend's Wedding, it was classed as Julia Roberts last goodbye in those sort of roles. Cameron was the new upcoming girl to fill those rolls,by the money men. Jennifer might have made big money in movies but now she is only classed as second lead.

If she is smart she will know its time to move back to TV and a comedy series.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »

But she was not the lead in either of those.