Help remembering a movie please?

BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
Forum Member
✭✭
It's really been bugging me, as I was buying films the other day and I wanted to buy a film, but I couldn't remember what it was. Any help..

I think it was Japanese, maybe could have been Korean. And all I really remember was that there was a computer generated Angel character in it, who would show up every now and then and was blackmailing some guy. Not everybody could see this Angel though.

I haven't explained it very well. It was sort of horror / comedy. Quite an unusual film.

Any ideas?

Comments

• BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh.. no one else in the film was computer generated, only the Angel. He often wore all black and had big black pointy hair.

:confused:
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds like DEATH NOTE, a Japanese film. Here's the trailer: LINK
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Inky Binky wrote: »
    It sounds like DEATH NOTE, a Japanese film. Here's the trailer: LINK

Oh you legend :D

Yes this is it. It was actually the sequel I watched, but this is the one I wanted. Thanks.

Had you seen it or how did you find it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh you legend :D

Yes this is it. It was actually the sequel I watched, but this is the one I wanted. Thanks.

Had you seen it or how did you find it?

I'm glad that I was able to help you. The way you described it was very familiar. :)

It was originally a manga series then it was turned into an anime series. I've watched some of the anime years ago and it wasn't bad at all. And I actually have the live-action films (it was a gift) but I never got around to watching them! And just so you know, there's also a live-action spinoff film called "L: Change the World" (it's sometimes referred to as DEATH NOTE 3) - which I also have but never watched. I guess I'll have to have a marathon soon. :D
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An angel. :D As you'll probably have found out by now, Ryuk's a death god (or rather, suicide god).

In spite of my dislike for Tatsuya Fujiwara (who plays 'Light', but he's probably best known for being the lead in Battle Royale), I quite enjoyed Death Note and to a lesser extent, Death Note: the Last Name. You will need to watch both as the Light/L story was split into two films. The opening of DN:TLN begins with the ending of DN.

In spite of my adoration for Kenichi Matsuyama (who plays 'L' the asocial and weird detective, but I prefer him in other films), avoid L: Change the World if you're not a rabid L worshipper. In fairness, I didn't realise it was a spin-off. I thought it was a continuation of DN and DN:TLN, but it wasn't.

As a whole, I don't regret watching all three. I admit I wasn't interested, but my nephew, 13 years old at the time, was into the comic series (he didn't like the TV cartoon version as he felt it was a poor adaptation). His parents weren't keen to take him to cinema to see the films, so I volunteered.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    An angel. :D As you'll probably have found out by now, Ryuk's a death god (or rather, suicide god).

In spite of my dislike for Tatsuya Fujiwara (who plays 'Light', but he's probably best known for being the lead in Battle Royale), I quite enjoyed Death Note and to a lesser extent, Death Note: the Last Name. You will need to watch both as the Light/L story was split into two films. The opening of DN:TLN begins with the ending of DN.

In spite of my adoration for Kenichi Matsuyama (who plays 'L' the asocial and weird detective, but I prefer him in other films), avoid L: Change the World if you're not a rabid L worshipper. In fairness, I didn't realise it was a spin-off. I thought it was a continuation of DN and DN:TLN, but it wasn't.

As a whole, I don't regret watching all three. I admit I wasn't interested, but my nephew, 13 years old at the time, was into the comic series (he didn't like the TV cartoon version as he felt it was a poor adaptation). His parents weren't keen to take him to cinema to see the films, so I volunteered.

LOL :D I don't know why I thought he was an angel :o It was on telly about 2 years ago, late at night, and I was sort of falling asleep whilst watching it.

But thanks for all the info, both of you. I remember just quite enjoying what I did see of the sequel. Just a shame that they are so expencive to purchase as world cinema.

Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places. I'm not used to buying online, but since my local HMV has closed I guess I'll have to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL :D I don't know why I thought he was an angel :o It was on telly about 2 years ago, late at night, and I was sort of falling asleep whilst watching it.

But thanks for all the info, both of you. I remember just quite enjoying what I did see of the sequel. Just a shame that they are so expencive to purchase as world cinema.

Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places. I'm not used to buying online, but since my local HMV has closed I guess I'll have to.

On the US Amazon website, you can get DEATH NOTE 1 & 2 in one package (Blu ray) for $16. Price may be similar on the UK Amazon website.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D You must have thought he was the ugliest angel around.

Try Amazon.co.uk It's selling both films as a 4-disc set for £9 with free P&P. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Death-Note-COMPLETE-DISC-SET/dp/B002FHS2YC/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks again guys & DVDs bought and paid for :D