The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 33)

Comments

• siwelanoelsiwelanoel Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can honestly say I am so glad "Mountains" was cut. I absolutely love "Our Version of Events" but hate that song. Don't think it would fit with Leona's vocals at all.
  • amo1980amo1980 Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Skye.91 wrote: »
    I just hope that the album won't be too much Fraser T. Smith. He's the one who made Hurt - The EP and received some negativity. Ever since the "Adele Effect", Leona scrapped perhaps more than 80% tracklist of Glassheart. I was like, release Glassheart November 2011 with potential uptempo tracks and potential ballads, and then recording an "Inspired" album for the following year rather than just using less uptempo tracks, ballads, and "Inspired" songs into one album. I am a huge Leona fan and I respect her decisions. However, this GH era is a mess to be honest.

Sorry for my english.

I think most of the negativity was about the choice of song to cover (all those (ridiculous? :p) people believing hurt was soooo sacred!), rather than the production of the songs! ... and we really dont know how much of the 'original glassheart' has been scrapped... or even if there was ever an original finalised tracklist... the era isnt really a big mess just yet... considering it hasnt properly started... still looking forward to new music... we should all have faith that Leona is going to release the album that she wants to release... thats what artists do :D
  • poker_faceLeonapoker_faceLeona Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Sia has written another song for Leona.
    We can only hope that it will be as good as Blank Page, otherwise I will be very disappointed.

And I would actually be totally disappointed, if this album is full of Indie rock ballads (as some of you have mentioned before). In the style of Broken, Alive .....

I really think that the original Glassheart was amazing. Like 70% huge uptempos (that's how I imagine it to be) and 30% huge ballads.
    Uptempos: Experimental stuff like Glassheart. No real pop-stuff like Outta my head. Very deep and banging songs.
    Ballads: Traditional Leona ballads. Piano, strings.

Also I have to say as Leona's biggest fan (like all of you :D) I am very sad that we are getting NO information for long periods. They take it for granted that we buy her CDs and hand money over to SYCO $$$$$$$$$$ but we really get nothing from it.
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We should tell Sia to ask Leona if she could give us some news or a streamchat since she's working with Leona right now and she's the only one who answers our tweets :p
  • butlernybutlerny Posts: 1,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG my best pal and colleague is working at a secret location (we are butlers) and he is at a wedding and just told me Leona is coming!!! not sure if a guest or singing but I am sooooooooooo jealous...have twittered her to say hi to him for me if she does I will die! lol:eek:

ps I have asked him to say hi from me too but in our profession it isnt really the done thing but he knows I AM SUCH A BIG FAN..maybe if he just drops it in as he pours her evian lol:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    butlerny wrote: »
    OMG my best pal and colleague is working at a secret location (we are butlers) and he is at a wedding and just told me Leona is coming!!! not sure if a guest or singing but I am sooooooooooo jealous...have twittered her to say hi to him for me if she does I will die! lol:eek:

ps I have asked him to say hi from me too but in our profession it isnt really the done thing but he knows I AM SUCH A BIG FAN..maybe if he just drops it in as he pours her evian lol:D

Ooooooh, lucky him !! Are you sure he isn't fooling you ? :D If not and she is performing there, I hope he will record it :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    Ooooooh, lucky him !! Are you sure he isn't fooling you ? :D If not and she is performing there, I hope he will record it :p

no we have been at venue before and regularly look after various famous people at different locations and very discrete but THIS!!! I am gutted I didnt go too:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no we have been at venue before and regularly look after various famous people at different locations and very discrete but THIS!!! I am gutted I didnt go too:eek:

Oh, the chance of your life :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, the chance of your life :(

I know but im Buttling at a charity event/dinner tonight for Martletts somewhere else she arrives at 2pm hope she looked at her tweets ..
    Im 46 so should know better but I AM GUTTED lol :eek::D
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It might be singing, she tweeted a little while ago about waiting for the sound check or something.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    It might be singing, she tweeted a little while ago about waiting for the sound check or something.

omg yes :eek:
    “Waiting for sound check!”
    http://instagr.am/p/KP-0ocu24F/

I hope he records it :eek:
  • LibbylizLibbyliz Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am so gutted about BLANK PAGE it would have been an amazing song for Leona. As i am writing this i am getting more and more frustrated in fact not gutted but really P......SED OFF. On a more positive note i have a feeling Leona will be on the final of BGTand slay it.
  • CROATIACROATIA Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Libbyliz wrote: »
    I am so gutted about BLANK PAGE it would have been an amazing song for Leona. As i am writing this i am getting more and more frustrated in fact not gutted but really P......SED OFF. On a more positive note i have a feeling Leona will be on the final of BGTand slay it.

LOL ..performing what? Hurt, Collide, Better in time, Blank page ?
  • Frank823Frank823 Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    omg yes :eek:

I hope he records it :eek:
    Probably going to be BIT and Run. And if we're lucky, BL.
  • LibbylizLibbyliz Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leona may surprise us and sing LOST AND FOUND.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Libbyliz wrote: »
    Leona may surprise us and sing LOST AND FOUND.

She won't perform since there is no place left. Every live show has his artists
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone said #preorderglassheart is trending, but I don't see it in the trendlist ...

EDIT : I see now, third place
  • fodg09fodg09 Posts: 3,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see it trending - quite a useful trend for once!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Leona does the indie ballads beautifully but I think they work best as a bonus from her. Especially at the beginning of her career when they were so unexpected. But I don't think she should be basing a whole album on that kind of music. She shines at pop/rnb and I wish she would return to that vein of music with one or two indie ballads thrown in to mix it up.

I just hope she's not turning down any surefire hits, in favour of being different to the "norm." I'd hate for some story to come out in the future about some other singer's brand new smash hit single being turned down by Leona first. And even moreso if it sounds like she would've sounded brilliant on it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I totally agree about the indie-rock influenced songs.

I've discovered that in the long run, the only songs I really love from Echo are "Happy", "You Don't Care" and "Outta My Head." I really hope 'Glassheart' has less/no rock influence.

I also agree that it may have just been best for Leona to release "Glassheart" as it was, and then release a second album later this year - i.e., record and produce album four while she promoted/toured with "Glassheart."

Can't believe it's about to be almost a year since we heard about "Collide" and still no album/follow-up single. Don't think anyone would have predicted that.

Honestly, if she is doing "finishing touches" there has to be at least one song that has been perfected, and that needs to be released soon. At least in the US, to get buzz going, because it will take probably three or four months for a song of her's to peak/do well at this rate. Especially, with how competitive the summer release schedule is set to be with lots of singles and new albums.
  • poker_faceLeonapoker_faceLeona Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    siwelanoel wrote: »
    Yeah I totally agree about the indie-rock influenced songs.

I've discovered that in the long run, the only songs I really love from Echo are "Happy", "You Don't Care" and "Outta My Head." I really hope 'Glassheart' has less/no rock influence.

I also agree that it may have just been best for Leona to release "Glassheart" as it was, and then release a second album later this year - i.e., record and produce album four while she promoted/toured with "Glassheart."

Can't believe it's about to be almost a year since we heard about "Collide" and still no album/follow-up single. Don't think anyone would have predicted that.

Honestly, if she is doing "finishing touches" there has to be at least one song that has been perfected, and that needs to be released soon. At least in the US, to get buzz going, because it will take probably three or four months for a song of her's to peak/do well at this rate. Especially, with how competitive the summer release schedule is set to be with lots of singles and new albums.

Yeah, I also think she shouldn't put any rock-like music on the album. As you see, the album didn't quite work for the masses and I personally think Spirit was better because of that.
    I don't think that they are going to make this a huge, proper American release like they did it with Spirit and Echo. I think Leona will be busy promoting in the UK.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    siwelanoel wrote: »

Yes, it's a duet between Leona and Japanese singer. Single will be out in June, but only in Japan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lewis ‏ @leonalewismusic
    Show at the castle! http://instagr.am/p/KQyldLu2xt/

Highclere castle where Downton Abbey is filmed:D
  • Eliott1301Eliott1301 Posts: 2,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Btw can someone answer a question for me to do with twitter

All leonas old pictures like.. TRVH, and red and black where she posted a pic of herself and the older ones have all been removed from her twitter?
    i dont understand that.. does twitter remove pictures after a while?
This discussion has been closed.