Acoustic Solutions DAB

leddersledders Posts: 2,186
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi.

I have just purchased an Acoustic Solutions PD2 DAB radio. I mainly got it so that I can listen to a decent Radio 5Live broadcast. And for what I paid for it, £30, it does the trick.

However, I was just wondering if anybody else had the same model, and if they have, does the backlight on the LCD display go off after about a minute. It's a pain in the neck as you can't read the scrolling text that the broadcaster offers.

I am just wonder if this is a "feature" of whether it is a fault with the one I got. There is nothing in the manual for this.

Thanks.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if it's a feature, but I think it was one of the first battery operated dab radios available in the uk, with that I guess the light goes out to save a little bit of battery life...
  • leddersledders Posts: 2,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It isn't battery operated. It has a mains supply.
  • Psion123Psion123 Posts: 231
    Forum Member
    mikeydb wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's a feature, but I think it was one of the first battery operated dab radios available in the uk, with that I guess the light goes out to save a little bit of battery life...

Dunno, but why not read the manual! Maybe there is an option to have backlight off, timed or permanent.
  • dazn12dazn12 Posts: 6,910
    Forum Member
    yeah mate mine does the same ;) I dont think its faulty, just how they decided to have it i suppose