Black ops, 2 PS3s & Open NAT

The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,334
Forum Member
✭✭
Has anyone with 2 PS3s in the house manged to get both with an open NAT?

I cant do it, best i can get is one open and one moderate, any suggestions.

Tried port forwarding (you can only forward one PS3), tried DMZ (you can only DMZ one PS3), tried nothing, tried everything but the result is always the same, one open and one moderate.

Comments

• hypervisorhypervisor Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    both wired should be possible, 1 wired and 1 wireless is what you've got i assume!
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    I've not managed it either.

3 PS3's in my house. When playing MW2 they're all open yet on BO they're moderate:confused:
  • The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hypervisor wrote: »
    both wired should be possible, 1 wired and 1 wireless is what you've got i assume!

both wired
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've not managed it either.

3 PS3's in my house. When playing MW2 they're all open yet on BO they're moderate:confused:

Mine is set to NAT Type 2 and I have the same problem - Black Ops says they're set to strict :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    put the one you use the most in a DMZ and turn off UPnP in the PS3 settings, that will give that one an open status.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i fully reset my router and started again this morning and its still in a moderate NAT (my mate has the same router and he has 2 PS3s and his is saying open :rolleyes:)
  • manc602manc602 Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    The Sack wrote: »
    i fully reset my router and started again this morning and its still in a moderate NAT (my mate has the same router and he has 2 PS3s and his is saying open :rolleyes:)

Best we have had with 3 PS3's in the house all on BO together is 2 x Open ( 1 wired and 1 wireless) and 1 x Moderate (also wireless).

None are in a DMZ or port forwarded as far as I know but we are on a 50MB line
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i have gone right back to basics, i reset my router to clear it of all DMZ and port forwarding settings, i then let both PS3s determine the connections.

The PS3 chubby in the room showed a moderate nat but MW2 showed open and then BLOPS had been open since, the PS3 skinny showed open with MW2 but remains as moderate in BLOPS. MW2 shows open if i use wireless, real wired or homeplug wired so i am only assuming it is a problem with the game even though i fail to see why given it works on the one in the room.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    seems pretty random to me. I use wireless with just one PS3. Until last week I was always open, but then it switched to moderate. I have always had the PS3 in my router DMZ...there is no logic to it :confused: