I hate unskippable end credits

HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
Forum Member
✭✭
I finished the story on Assassins Creed 3 last night and was presented with over 15minutes of unskippable end credits. I find it infuriating that a game that lets you skip the cut scenes throughout the game doesn't allow you to skip the painfully long end credits.

Does this annoy anyone else?

Comments

• Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It only annoys me when i've watched the whole lot, and nothing happens post credits.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like it. However, for months I thought that Mr.47 was dead at the end of Blood Money. Until one day after completing it again, I randomly waggled the left thumb stick and the health bar started moving. :confused::eek::mad::o
    I had just been skipping the credits and going back to the menu.

Sometimes there's extra stuff.
  • Simon RodgersSimon Rodgers Posts: 4,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Technically the end credits are part of the game or whatever you are viewing. You should watch them as they are a part like the rest. This is one reason people get angry over credit squeezing and announcers talking over them.
  • deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    I actually enjoy watching the credits and reading who has had involvement in the game I have just completed. In kinda gives me that cinematic feeling and closes off the game.

If you just skip all that - I feel the game hasn't ended!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    Everything should be skippable if done once already, no problem not skipping on the first run through.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Metal Gear Solid 4 ruined all end credits for me. A fake one, followed by another 30 min cutscene, then the real one, that lasted about 15 min. Followed by a codec conversation.
  • KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep me too. I used to hate beating the elite four repeatedly on Pokemon Red just because it wouldn't save until after the credits. I'm glad they changed it until before the credits so I can turn it off and on again to skip them.
  • beemohbeemoh Posts: 7,073
    Forum Member
    Hotbird wrote: »
    I finished the story on Assassins Creed 3 last night and was presented with over 15minutes of unskippable end credits. I find it infuriating that a game that lets you skip the cut scenes throughout the game doesn't allow you to skip the painfully long end credits.

Does this annoy anyone else?

A little, but then I remember I own a kettle. Any excuse for a brew! :D
  • KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    beemoh wrote: »
    A little, but then I remember I own a kettle. Any excuse for a brew! :D

Haha brilliant :D
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    They could at least give a few gamerscore or a trophy for watching them!
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The credit list in games is getting stupid, they seem to mention everybody, right down to who cleans the toilets! Tho to be honest I haven't seen that particular one!

Unbelievable lists of people, most of whom probably don't have any direct input on the development.

What happened to: programmers Joe bloggs & John doe, graphics by Fred dibner, Sound and Music by Vera Lynn
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate them less than unskippable cut scenes. I hate unskippable cut scenes I completely switch off.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deans6571 wrote: »
    I actually enjoy watching the credits and reading who has had involvement in the game I have just completed. In kinda gives me that cinematic feeling and closes off the game.

If you just skip all that - I feel the game hasn't ended!!!!

I agree partially because i feel slightly obliged to watch it because i played their creation, regardless of whether i enjoyed it or not.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been playing Deadspace 3 and currently on my third play through and I agree that unskipable cutscenes and end credits are both really annoying!
  • MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The end credits I'll watch even if they're long just to get a sense of completion of the game but if I've already seen then I wander off to for a toilet break or to get a drink.

Unskippable cut scenes, I agree are far worse especially if they're ones that replay if you fail or you got to interact with them so you can't even do something else while it's playing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind it the first time, i mean these people spent years making a game

But when you finish a game like AC again and have to wait 15+ minutes just to get back into the game its a bit silly

Its like unskippable company logos when you start a game up

For the few times its ok, but after say the fifth time i start the game up, i already know the companies that made it i don't need to keep seeing your stupid logos

Bioshock was terrible for that, felt like an age before i reached the start menu
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate them too, even the first time upon completing the game.
    I know these people put a lot of time and effort into making the game, but if I honestly wanted to find out their names I would, without having to sit through credits. I think they should be skippable every single time, and never force you to watch them.

I had to sit through the AC3 ones twice, because the first time something went wrong. Most annoying week of my life
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also hate them. I never watch them I go off and do something else.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair I do like watching the credits at times as they often have good music and its a good time to wind down after the story. But with AC3 I was wanting to watch something at 22:00, I set about the final mission thinking I would be able to finish it in time and then I got stuck in an end credit sequence I didn't want to turn off until it had finished in case it saved for something for when I continued my go cleaning up the missing stuff in the world.

I think the thing that bugged me most about AC3 was all the cut scene could be skipped but when it came to the end credits I couldnt skip those.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    I usually only watch the end credits if there is a scene at the end of them.
    I know the designers and developers need to have credit given to them but I'd much rather just turn it off or get on with playing the game again.
  • AsmoAsmo Posts: 15,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate them less than unskippable cut scenes. I hate unskippable cut scenes I completely switch off.

The unskippable, self indulgent, sub-Guy Ritchie cutscenes in The Getaway on PS2 used to drive me nuts. I made a point of muting the TV or changing channel until they were over, I just couldn't stand being forced to endure their cinematic pretensions.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, were just coming to the end of development on our current game and have decided to put unskippable credits in after the end sequence, purely because other games do it and piss us off too!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, were just coming to the end of development on our current game and have decided to put unskippable credits in after the end sequence, purely because other games do it and piss us off too!!!!
    Thanks a bunch :P

I hate unskippable anything. I'd imagine many are stealth loading screens like all the bloody logos at the start. Dolby Digital, so and so studios, so and so publishing, so and so middleware.

Unskippable tutorials! Yes I know, I played this before let me skippp!
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    Thanks a bunch :P

I hate unskippable anything. I'd imagine many are stealth loading screens like all the bloody logos at the start. Dolby Digital, so and so studios, so and so publishing, so and so middleware.

Unskippable tutorials! Yes I know, I played this before let me skippp!

There is a lot of loading going on hidden be the boot flow yes. Especially that legal screens on console games.

I'm with you on tutorials too!
  • boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    I hate unskippable anything, but company splash screens at the start of games especially. make me watch them once, never make me to watch them again!