Michael Le Vell: I'm a Celebrity offer £500k place on show

StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Yesterday a source said: “Michael has held talks about going on to I’m A Celeb and is definitely up for it.

Michael thinks people will see a different side to him and he likes an adventure.

His brother lives in Australia and he has spent a lot of time Down Under in the past few years.

“There is a lot of money on the table for Michael and it couldn’t come at a better time because the court case has left him skint.

But one of the main conditions laid down by producers is that he needs to show he is able to cope without a drink.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/michael-le-vell-im-celebrity-2292013

Comments

• whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    I saw that article earlier and found it interesting. I hadn't thought of the interference of ITV before but it almost sounds like he has to do it, 2 birds 1 stone I guess (rehab & ratings). Personally I think he has been through enough without having to eat awful things & all the rest IAC entails. If he wants to do it fair enough but I hope he isn't forced into it as that would seem like blackmail.
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blackmailed into earning £500k for a few weeks work! :rolleyes:
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    This leaves a bad taste (no pun intended). I fully endorse the idea that he was cleared in a court of law and should be allowed to return to a normal life but if he is offered things like this it is PURELY because of his court case and thats not right. He shouldnt be cashing in on what happened on one hand and then be expected to have a clean slate on the other.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If this is true I just don't understand why they would throw money around like this just to produce a few minutes (after you take out the ads, A&D, the phone numbers and the task ) selected highlights each night :confused: Surely the viewer deserves more? I think it's time it was boycotted. Don't watch but it you do don't phone and they'd have to rethink the whole thing.
  • real worldreal world Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    This leaves a bad taste (no pun intended). I fully endorse the idea that he was cleared in a court of law and should be allowed to return to a normal life but if he is offered things like this it is PURELY because of his court case and thats not right. He shouldnt be cashing in on what happened on one hand and then be expected to have a clean slate on the other.

He has his legal fees to pay though, which he wouldn't needed to have even thought about if he hadn't been wrongly accused. So to me it's fair enough.
    Forum Member
    real world wrote: »
    He has his legal fees to pay though, which he wouldn't needed to have even thought about if he hadn't been wrongly accused. So to me it's fair enough.

Its not "fair enough" at all, he is trading on the back of his accusations. How can he legitimately say "I want to move on and put it all behind me" and then take a chunky offer based on the innuendo that will inevitably follow him?

Go back to Corrie and get on with it. Dont exploit your new found notoriety.
  • StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am under the impression he is effectively being forced by ITV to do Celebrity, to boost ratings.

And it may indeed help remove him from a supply of booze, and detox him, ready for Coronation Street.
    Forum Member
    If thats the case then they all deserve each other.
  • Benry_GaleBenry_Gale Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not "fair enough" at all, he is trading on the back of his accusations. How can he legitimately say "I want to move on and put it all behind me" and then take a chunky offer based on the innuendo that will inevitably follow him?

And then who should be paying his legal fees? Is he not entitled to earn some extra cash to pay them off, since it's a false accusation that's made him have to pay them in the first place? The IAC offer wouldn't even be on the table had he not been dragged through this mess.
    Forum Member

If you were in his position, wrongly accused with thousands of pounds worth of legal fees and someone offers to pay a substantial amount which you could use to pay them off.

He has been dragged through the gutter and had to open up his personal life to everyone.

He deserves every penny.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,577
    Forum Member
    Poor bloke, he is falsely accused then has to pay half a million because of it.
    Forum Member
    Benry_Gale wrote: »
    And then who should be paying his legal fees? Is he not entitled to earn some extra cash to pay them off, since it's a false accusation that's made him have to pay them in the first place? The IAC offer wouldn't even be on the table had he not been dragged through this mess.

No he isn't. His legal fees are not for us to concern ourselves.

He is not entitled to earn some "extra cash" on the back of being involved in a very complex case of child abuse.

He is entitled to go back to the life he had prior to the case.
    Forum Member
    If you were in his position, wrongly accused with thousands of pounds worth of legal fees and someone offers to pay a substantial amount which you could use to pay them off.

He has been dragged through the gutter and had to open up his personal life to everyone.

He deserves every penny.

No he doesn't at all.

He may deserve compensation or to not have to pay these fees. That is a totally different argument.

He doesnt "deserve" to have his profile raised on the back of going to court for being accused of having sex with a small child.
    Forum Member
    No he doesn't at all.

He may deserve compensation or to not have to pay these fees. That is a totally different argument.

He doesnt "deserve" to have his profile raised on the back of going to court for having sex with a small child.

Of course he does, he needs the money because he was falsely accused, he has to get that quickly , so doing something like Im a celeb is the best way to do it, he can then pay off the debt and put it all behind him and move on.
    Forum Member
    No he isn't. His legal fees are not for us to concern ourselves.

He is not entitled to earn some "extra cash" on the back of being involved in a very complex case of child abuse.

He is entitled to go back to the life he had prior to the case.

What utter garbage, why should he have to pay for something he didn't do?
    Forum Member

In an ideal world he would not have to pay a penny and the other side would cover his fees, but life is cruel and he needs to do this to get back on track.
    Forum Member

Im not arguing whether he should pay or not. That is a totally separate issue.

Im saying that his new found celebrity status on the back of this court case shouldnt pay for anything or line his pockets. What he does with the money isnt relevant.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stigid wrote: »
    I am under the impression he is effectively being forced by ITV to do Celebrity, to boost ratings.

And it may indeed help remove him from a supply of booze, and detox him, ready for Coronation Street.

I thinks its also a way for ITV to gauge public reaction to him before deciding if he can come back 'properly' or just as a glorified extra until they can get rid properly.

Personally I think it too soon for him to be doing a reality programme.
  • TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    In an ideal world he would not have to pay a penny and the other side would cover his fees, but life is cruel and he needs to do this to get back on track.

BIB, I thought that was the way it worked :confused:

Also agree with Ber, I think he will be making a bad move doing celeb and it might go horribly wrong
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,811
    Forum Member
    BUT...according to this he's been thrown a lifeline and is set to secure a six figure sum for sitting opposite Piers Morgan...mmmm maybe the jungle is more inviting.

Plus...
    Corrie scriptwriters are now working on a storyline to explain his return.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the producers would have asked him to go on their show had this court case with him never happened? Daft question, I know. I suppose the producers look for celebrities who will have something to talk about while in there, whether it be a scandal or whatever.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a hell of a lot of money for appearing on Piers Morgan's show. He'll have made a fortune from what happened with this court case by the time he's appeared on everything.
  • Green_StampGreen_Stamp Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stigid wrote: »
    Yesterday a source said: “Michael has held talks about going on to I’m A Celeb and is definitely up for it.

Michael thinks people will see a different side to him
    and he likes an adventure.

His brother lives in Australia and he has spent a lot of time Down Under in the past few years.

“There is a lot of money on the table for Michael and it couldn’t come at a better time because the court case has left him skint.

But one of the main conditions laid down by producers is that he needs to show he is able to cope without a drink.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/michael-le-vell-im-celebrity-2292013

Why does this complete and utter crap always get thrown around when celebs do these crappy reality TV shows?
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was found not guilty in a court of law and that's good enough for me. He is a celebrity so he has just as much right as any other celebrities to appear on the show; indeed some of the 'celebrities' they find are very tenuous.

The man has been through hell and if I was in his situation I would want to make as much money as I could to pay legal fees etc. I doubt he'll be able to talk about the case per se on the show anyway.
    Forum Member
    He was found not guilty in a court of law and that's good enough for me. He is a celebrity so he has just as much right as any other celebrities to appear on the show; indeed some of the 'celebrities' they find are very tenuous.

The man has been through hell and if I was in his situation I would want to make as much money as I could to pay legal fees etc. I doubt he'll be able to talk about the case per se on the show anyway.

That speaks volumes for you, i would suggest most people want to put it behind them.