kitkat 4.4

orzieorzie Posts: 312
Forum Member
Does anyone know when kitkat 4.4 is been released in GB & Ireland? On the Samsung galaxy s4?

Comments

• kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    orzie wrote: »
    Does anyone know when kitkat 4.4 is been released in GB & Ireland? On the Samsung galaxy s4?

They are only just rolling out 4.3 so there will be a bit of a wait yet.

Samsung and the networks are not known for being quick, although they do prioritise their flagship device. Just hope they are not focusing all there time on the S5 release.
  • mickwallmickwall Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    The Google play edition S4 is getting 4.4 today onwards: http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/26/samsung-galaxy-s4-google-play-edition-android-kitkat/

But if you own a carrier specific version you might be in for a wait. Has your carrier supplied 4.3 yet?
  • orzieorzie Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    Nope still on ICS 4.2.2 and 3 are terrible with updates :-(
  • kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope still on ICS 4.2.2 and 3 are terrible with updates :-(

The S4 came with JB?
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kidspud wrote: »
    The S4 came with JB?

4.2.2. is JB.
    ICS was 4.0.x
  • ChrysalisChrysalis Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4.4 means use custom rom at the moment, I suspect its be 2-3 months at the earliest from samsung.
  • qasdfdsaqqasdfdsaq Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4.3 was announced late July and came out for the S4 in early October on most carriers, so about 2.5 months.

4.4 was (officially) announced end of October so I'd expect another 2-3 months as Chrys says.
  • orzieorzie Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    Ice cream sandwich jelly bean kitkat why don't the just say android 4.4 plus it would be easier so you dont get the names mixed up lol
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ice cream sandwich jelly bean kitkat why don't the just say android 4.4 plus it would be easier so you dont get the names mixed up lol

they do

4.0 ICS
    4.1, 4.2, 4.3 JB
    4.4 KitKat

it's hardly rocket science
  • TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Nexus 4 is now download this :-)
  • TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know how I install a fresh install of KitKat on my Nexus 4 instead of an automatic update?