Britain's Brightest

Comments

• Sammy2Sammy2 Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fake/real smile round was one of the sketchiest rounds I'd ever seen! A lot of the participants looked like they were fake smiling to be polite at Milton's jokes and the one who smiled when he appeared could have felt they 'should' smile as well!
    I feel like the guy who went out first was kind of robbed (forgotten his name :()

The bottle band were pretty cool but the game was slightly strange. Quite a lot of luck involved as well..

Also, in the final round it seems a big disadvantage to go first because 1) you're always going to be behind if playing against say an 'identical' opponent and 2) you're exposing questions you get wrong to your opponent (and they get much longer to think about the Q) so I wasn't sure how they decided who went first?

I still enjoyed it but some of it almost feels like a pilot episode that will get changed for the 'real' screening :p
  • bargepolebargepole Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    Sammy2 wrote: »
    ... Also, in the final round it seems a big disadvantage to go first because 1) you're always going to be behind if playing against say an 'identical' opponent and 2) you're exposing questions you get wrong to your opponent (and they get much longer to think about the Q) so I wasn't sure how they decided who went first?

I still enjoyed it but some of it almost feels like a pilot episode that will get changed for the 'real' screening...
    The person who is higher on the leaderboard has the choice as to whether to go first, or make the other person face the first question. There is clearly an advantage in going second, if your opponent gets one wrong to which you can see the answer.

When we were filming it, they admitted it was all very experimental and they weren't sure how it would go down with the TV audience. If they do commission another series next year, I'd like to think they would learn some lessons from this one, and get rid of some of the randomness of some of the rounds.
  • bargepolebargepole Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    chaz rich wrote: »
    Sam will struggle to win the final though, much to his surprise I would think.
    Looks like you're right - the preview clip on the programme's website shows 4 contestants on podiums answering questions about identical twins, and Sam isn't there, which implies that he is the first to be eliminated in the final.

This may be a bit of a boob by the production team, who up until now have been keeping everything under wraps until the show is broadcast.
  • tweenietweenie Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anybody recall Andy being on another quiz show. From the first show I thought I had seen him before - I'm thinking naybe the lottery list one with Nick Knowles.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tweenie wrote: »
    Does anybody recall Andy being on another quiz show. From the first show I thought I had seen him before - I'm thinking naybe the lottery list one with Nick Knowles.

Was that the guy that won last night?

If so, I thought I recognised him too but cant for the life of me think where I've seen him....
  • snoweyowlsnoweyowl Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try reading the coloumn before posting!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snoweyowl wrote: »

Who, me? :confused:
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The smile one =Bernie said about the smile being to wide so it is fake.
    My smile is wide:)
  • J05hJ05h Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    to me the whole premise of the show is void of any credibility i not sure of the name its not the krypton factor but a show on another channel a little while back that tested the four areas of the brain with skill games that what i thought this show would do, but instead you get games based on luck in addition the worst round has to be piecing together pictures it all depends whether you know the person to begin with whether you have a chance of getting it right.

I also think last night they wanted andy to win most the games in earlier rounds were all visual and music based which were clearly his strengths.

I just found out what the gameshow was called it was Britains best brain which was shown of channel 5 in 2009
  • IC89IC89 Posts: 1,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was round my OH's parents and I watched this, unfortunately I found it horrifically tedious, slow and lacking in any real credibility.

An extremely tough maths round on a par with a game of pairs? Really? It was the pace of the show that turned me off though.

It was excruciating; I don't know if it was designed to create tension but it didn't work, all it seemed to make me was bored to tears.
  • tweenietweenie Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snoweyowl wrote: »

Which post were you referring to ? If it was mine, I did read the thread and although there was a post about Alan being on another show I could not find a relevant mention re Andy.
    Was that the guy that won last night?

If so, I thought I recognised him too but cant for the life of me think where I've seen him....

Thankyou BirthdayGirl, not just me then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wee bump for tonight :)
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wee bump for tonight :)

I see you are doing the bumping tonight ;);)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    I see you are doing the bumping tonight ;);)

:D

Its snail's turn next week :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The final starts....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Final night!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tweenie wrote: »

Thankyou BirthdayGirl, not just me then.

Its still bugging me, seeing him again tonight :(:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would like Claire or Andy to win.

Definitely not Sam
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not this rebus stuff again!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is harder than it looks!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fishhead :D
  • vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi BG I must admit I chuckled a bit there. :p
  • DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was good at that

Ergh, bill baileys belly is poking out
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vixyvic wrote: »
    Hi BG I must admit I chuckled a bit there. :p

Me too...although I'm in no position to laugh...I didnt get any of them!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I didn't even see it was a fish!!! :eek: