Curling; World Juniors, Women's, Men's 2013

Comments

• taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,950
    Forum Member
    Magpie11 wrote: »
    Looks like it is just a glitch.

Good news and the sooner they fix it the better.

Good old Eurosport only missed the first 5 ends of tonight's match!
  • grassmarketgrassmarket Posts: 33,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoever they send, their hair will be immaculate.

What did I tell you? :D
  • howard hhoward h Posts: 23,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A nice steal, two up, last end but they have the hammer.
    If the Olympics are gonna be like this I'll need sedatives.
  • grassmarketgrassmarket Posts: 33,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yee haw, well done the lassies!
    Forum Member
    What did I tell you? :D

:D Yes, they're certainly a well groomed team. Thankfully they got their feathers ruffled a bit :p.

Always good to get off to a winning start and even better when it's against Canada. Hopefully the girls will have learned the swing of the ice for the next games. I think it's Sweden next, so not much easier.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yee haw, well done the lassies!

*Goes down the pub with huge grin on face*

We only beat the world's best, that's all. Although many Canadians will argue they aren't even the best in Canada. We'll see how the week goes......but knowing Scotland, we'll lose to Latvia. :(
  • Drew PeacockDrew Peacock Posts: 12,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A good win from team Muirhead, I was getting worried in the 8th end. It's such a pity we're not going to see them again until the play-offs ;) although they do seem to be showing the progress on other rinks fairly frequently. Canada will be getting "pelters" back home. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right, back from the pub.
    Looks like there are only two games in the early start tomorrow; the following session will have Scotland vs Eric Pridz. Win that and we are flying.

The scoring's all over the place - nothing on the master website, but as mentioned Curlingevents are doing the end-by end scores. No stone-by-stone graphic though.

It's like cricket not having a ball-by-ball account on Cricinfo; bizarre. For all the things the WCF does right, it always finds something basic that goes wrong. Boooo.
  • Magpie11Magpie11 Posts: 9,294
    Forum Member
    Sweden 5 Sco 0 after 2 ends :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweden 5 Sco 0 after 2 ends :eek:

OH, dear, a reality check! 5 - 1 now, and with the germans tonight we could be 2 and 1; although looking at those first three fixtures I'd have been happy with the one!

Now got the scores on the main page - but not the shot-by-shot graphics. Pity.
    Forum Member
    Wow! back to earth with a bump! They've just lost 5 in the 4th end and are sitting 10-1 down. So that's the defeat out the way early then; a typical Muirhead tactic there ;) .

Now onto a big game against the unbeaten (2-0) Germans. An important game this one as I feel Germany are one of the teams who are in direct and immediate competition for one of those Olympic places.

Actually on that subject, I was looking at the current Olympic qualification standings this morning and to my surprise (and shame) it was the first time I noticed that South Korea haven't qualified this year. What a shock and what a pity, they did so well last year. Will 9 pts be enough to qualify them? I don't think so. I doubt Japan will do well enough this year either; and China are looking as if they are about to go 0-3 this year which will make it really difficult for them to score a lot of points. The way it's looking there might not be any Asian countries at all at the Olympics next year.
    Forum Member
    Sco 9 Ger 2 ....That's more like it :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phew - a worrying afternoon finishes with a darned good hiding of the Germans, 9 - 2 after 7 (game over). Schoepp had a very below-par game looking at her stats.

So we finish the day 2 and 1; right now it's SWE 6 USA 5 (7) and I'm wondering if there can be an upset there to tag the Swedes back a bit?
    Forum Member
    howard h wrote: »
    Phew - a worrying afternoon finishes with a darned good hiding of the Germans, 9 - 2 after 7 (game over). Schoepp had a very below-par game looking at her stats.

So we finish the day 2 and 1; right now it's SWE 6 USA 5 (7) and I'm wondering if there can be an upset there to tag the Swedes back a bit?

They're showing the final ends live on the player now.
    Forum Member
    Even though it's still early in the tournament that's an important win, and after this mornings mauling a welcome, perhaps essential, boost for their confidence. It's the struggling Chinese tomorrow morning and I had the pleasure of watching team Muirhead totally dominate them at the Gynhil tournament; the same again would be nice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched the bizarre Japan v Latvia match which Japan won 11-8 (eleven-eight) with a steal of 3 in the last end. Is that a world record score? The commentators were nonplussed by some of the tactics and most of the play. Great entertainment topped of by a Japanese sweeper falling mid-sweep on her skips last stone thus kicking it away which allowed Latvia to draw for 4.:D These must be 2 guaranteed wins for Scotland when they meet. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woooo - another win this morning! I make it won 3 lost 1 so they should lie joint second. Afternoon off, Japan tonight.
    Forum Member
    howard h wrote: »
    Woooo - another win this morning! I make it won 3 lost 1 so they should lie joint second. Afternoon off, Japan tonight.

Yes, but apparently they were struggling a little bit again, and it took an 'Evie special' double to score 4 and turn a 2-4 scoreline into what would be a game winning 6-4 lead with only two ends to play.

Japan managed to beat Germany this afternoon so I'm sure they're going to provide some decent competition. Hopefully the Eurosport cameras will show us any important action along the way during the Canada-USA coverage.

(China also lost this afternoon to Italy and are now 0-5. I reckon that's them lost out on automatic Olympic qualification)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Japan v Scotland is being shown on the World Curling TV youtube channel. I'm using TunnelBear to "watch" it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/WorldCurlingTV/featured?v=w7Qfx18C6T0
    Forum Member
    Sco 7 Jap 2 after 5 ends.

Evie's been excellent but I've been quite impressed with the Japanese skip too. She doesn't deserve to be on the end of that scoreline.
    Forum Member
    2 wins and a very good day's work from Scotland today. With Canada losing to the USA (oops :) ) Scotland now sit alone in second place with 4-1 record.
    Forum Member
    Sweden edge out Denmark :mad: and the US edge out Can :D

So we've got :-

Swe 5-0
    Sco 4-1
    Can 3-2
    Ger 3-2
    Swi 3-2
    USA 3-2
    Rus 3-2
    Jap 3-2
    Ita 2-3

What a surprise to see Team Sigfridsson romping the Round Robin stage :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Sweden edge out Denmark :mad: and the US edge out Can :D

So we've got

Swe 5-0
    Sco 4-1
    Can 3-2
    Ger 3-2
    Swi 3-2
    USA 3-2
    Rus 3-2
    Jap 3-2
    Ita 2-3

What a surprise to see Team Sigfridsson romping the Round Robin stage :rolleyes:

Yes, but when it matters and the pressure's on I wouldn't want to be betting my own money on that team.
    Forum Member
    taurus_67 wrote: »
    Yes, but when it matters and the pressure's on I wouldn't want to be betting my own money on that team.

;););)
    Forum Member
    taurus_67 wrote: »

Actually on that subject, I was looking at the current Olympic qualification standings this morning and to my surprise (and shame) it was the first time I noticed that South Korea haven't qualified this year. What a shock and what a pity, they did so well last year. Will 9 pts be enough to qualify them? I don't think so. I doubt Japan will do well enough this year either; and China are looking as if they are about to go 0-3 this year which will make it really difficult for them to score a lot of points. The way it's looking there might not be any Asian countries at all at the Olympics next year.

Looking like Denmark and lovely Lene are gonna miss out too.