Fudd wrote: »
    And are there any photos? :eek:

I'm sorry, that's completely lowered the tone. :o:o:o

Sadly no, it was all a cruel joke. :(

I love Ola. :o
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why should we make allowances for his age?

Being "good for his age" doesn't cut it.He was the presenter of the BBC flagship entertainment show, he's paid "silly money" and he made an increasing number of mistakes this year.

In showbusiness, you're only as good as your last performance and his last several were poor. He should go.

Umm..I think that's what I was saying as well ?
  • Tom2512Tom2512 Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they should be locked in the stocks and fed on bread and dripping until they learn the error of their ways?

Or maybe it could be accepted that they were congratulating a friend on winning the series and could have been asked to move back in a far politer way than they were.

Look they have the rest of thieir lives to caongratulate the winners

Bruce only had 1 minute to say goodbye to the viewers at home

Stocks too much but i wouldnt be against a small fine to be given to a charity of Bruces choice
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Videostar wrote: »
    Sadly no, it was all a cruel joke. :(

I love Ola. :o

Shower picture on Ola thread now...Enjoy
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom2512 wrote: »
    Look they have the rest of thieir lives to caongratulate the winners

Bruce only had 1 minute to say goodbye to the viewers at home

Stocks too much but i wouldnt be against a small fine to be given to a charity of Bruces choice

If he didn't stumble and trip over his lines and cut down on the so called 'jokes' he would have had more than a minute to say his goodbye to the viewers.

They were caught up on the emotion and Bruce, as a very experienced live presenter, should have understood this. A simple 'Louis and Flavia, please can I have a word' followed by 'please can you clear the floor for the final dance?' would have been far more palatable than what we got.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he didn't stumble and trip over his lines and cut down on the so called 'jokes' he would have had more than a minute to say his goodbye to the viewers.

They were caught up on the emotion and Bruce, as a very experienced live presenter, should have understood this. A simple 'Louis and Flavia, please can I have a word' followed by 'please can you clear the floor for the final dance?' would have been far more palatable than what we got.

Look as Sir Alex mentioned this week you got to show whose Boss,You cant show weakeness or people lose respect..He has to be firm or he would have as tnhey say lost the dressing room
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look as Sir Alex mentioned this week you got to show whose Boss,You cant show weakeness or people lose respect..He has to be firm or he would have as tnhey say lost the dressing room

Read this forum, Tom. He is showing weakness. People are losing respect. You've even drawn up a thread about it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Read this forum, Tom. He is showing weakness. People are losing respect. You've even drawn up a thread about it.

If he had let the rabble win then I would agree but Fudd tell me what happened at the end.Who got there way.The Governer Sir Bruce did.Flavia and Louis danced and then when they were finished Sir Bruce allowed them to meet the others

He was in total control

Respect
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If he had let the rabble win then I would agree but Fudd tell me what happened at the end.Who got there way.The Governer Sir Bruce did.Flavia and Louis danced and then when they were finished Sir Bruce allowed them to meet the others

He was in total control

Respect

But you can maintain control in a number of different ways. Watch now Tom Bergeron dealt with a rush onto the floor at the end of the most recent series of Dancing with the Stars:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26gpuND89nI

He allowed spontaneity to take over and yet he also appeared in complete control.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But you can maintain control in a number of different ways. Watch now Tom Bergeron dealt with a rush onto the floor at the end of the most recent series of Dancing with the Stars:

He allowed spontaneity to take over and yet he also appeared in complete control.

Tom was weak
    Bruce was in control

Diffrence
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom was weak
    Bruce was in control

Diffrence

Tom came across as someone who cared about the dancers and the show itself.

Bruce came across as someone who cared about protocol and how he looked.

Difference.
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom was weak
    Bruce was in control

Diffrence

Well said, as Master of Ceremonies for The Strictly Final it was Sir Bruce's job to keep Order and control, and didn't he do well Tom:)
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Now that's the way to do it. Completely professional; allowing the winners to take centre stage, and giving the impression that he's really pleased for them and not trying to be the focus of attention himself.

And yet, he managed to get across a whole load of information about when and where interviews with the winners could be seen and to thank everybody involved in the production and the viewers for their votes.

A truly class act.
  • janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    OK he is 84 and set in his ways a bit but for gods sake give this guy a break

He is one of the UK's all time all round Entertainers and deserves some respect

Hear, hear!

Some of the comments written about Bruce are horribly rude. He is an amazingly experienced Saturday night hosts and knows 'showbiz' inside out. Everyone has their part to play in making Strictly the success it is and Bruce delivers.
  • BruciesToupeBruciesToupe Posts: 857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a bit of an annual tradition now for the SCD final... Who will charge the stage and get shouted at by Bruce! I think it's quite funny.

I don't really understand how this happens thou? surely they should expect this (as it happens every year) and be stage managed properly. I actually don't think it's Brucies fault. He's just trying to handle it (albeit spectacularly badly).

I can only assume it was planned they would do the lift if they won and Bruce was aware of thatc? Who knows - was very funny though.
  • gary217gary217 Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    Respect? I'd respect him if he'd accept he's past it and buggered off ....his ego won't let him....sadly it's well past him retiring with grace, he's an absolute laughing stock. If he's a 'national institution' this nation's in a worse state than I'd realised.
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brucie is more a national embarrassment than a UK legend these days. Pity he isn't female because with the BBC's track record towards female presenters he would have been out on his ass years ago.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Respect is something you earn.

Has he saved someone's life?

Donated a kidney?

Gave his millions to charity?

The answer is NO.

He has cheated on various wives over the years. Dumped them for younger models when it suited him. Had a long career based on a few jokes and soft shoe shuffles. He is greedy for money and fame and cannot just retire gracefully and enjoy his end years.
  • MerityMerity Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with the opening post.
    Show respect to someone who is a legend in our time.
    There is no-one who comes close to Sir Bruce as a tv presenter and all round entertainer.
    I would rather have him on my screen any day than some of the other presenters around these days.
    As for the final moments of last night - he was right to keep the others back - it was Louis and Flavias moment.
    Good for Bruce for doing all he could to keep them from being totally hidden from view by all the others crowding onto the floor.
    How anyone can take offence at it is bemusing really.
    Bruce has always supported the dancers and always wanted them to take everything from their standing ovations etc.
    He wanted Flavia and Louis to have their moment.
    Good for him I say. And long may he continue. :)
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member

Absolutely! Not something I would normally do, but I've put in a formal complaint to the BBC about Bruce's appalling petulant, unprofessional behaviour shouting "Back off, back off!" etc.

Completely ruined the moment for Louis and Flavia. I'm surprised he didn't pull all attention back to himself by announcing his retirement from the show (which, it seems, he is considering but not total retirement from show biz).
  • Simone17Simone17 Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why the h**** should I? I remember The Generation Game vividly, and he was awful and excessively rude to the game contestants then, and that went to his head, and he was appalling at the Palladium too.

He only got a knighthood because he got a whole lot of people to push for it, and the Palace resisted for years. Most showbiz people who get honours for "services to entertainment" do fantastic charity work and other stuff behind the scenes, but all Brucie has ever done is present some shows on TV for years and years, then forget to retire.

Respect for Brucie? My grandmother's big red toe!:mad:

The reason I have never had any respect for him. I hated the way he had his favourites and then went out of his way to "sabotage" the other contestants so his favourites could win. He has a nasty streak as far as I am concerned.

He has been nothing short of an embarrassment this series from beginning to end and last night was the cherry on the cake.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bruce should show us some respect and apologise for his churlish behaviour. His inability to go with the spirit of celebration and congratulations spoilt the last few minutes for many viewers. An apology would go some way to making ammends.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Merity wrote: »
    I agree with the opening post.
    Show respect to someone who is a legend in our time.
    There is no-one who comes close to Sir Bruce as a tv presenter and all round entertainer.
    I would rather have him on my screen any day than some of the other presenters around these days.
    As for the final moments of last night - he was right to keep the others back - it was Louis and Flavias moment.
    Good for Bruce for doing all he could to keep them from being totally hidden from view by all the others crowding onto the floor.
    How anyone can take offence at it is bemusing really.
    Bruce has always supported the dancers and always wanted them to take everything from their standing ovations etc.
    He wanted Flavia and Louis to have their moment.
    Good for him I say. And long may he continue. :)

It was their moment, but they stayed behind the glitter ball, he was shouting the rest back so he could have his moment in front of the camera. He always wants to be centre stage.The silly old fool. He never changes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was their moment, but they stayed behind the glitter ball, he was shouting the rest back so he could have his moment in front of the camera. He always wants to be centre stage.The silly old fool. He never changes.

Yes, he wanted the spotlight back on him as he presented the glitter ball - he just can't bear to not be the centre of attention. He probably thinks that Strictly is all about him! So delusional.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    We should also give respect to the road kill on his head that has managed to stay in place all these years during Bruce's many performances .