Dancing on Ice - The Final Tour | 28th March - 27th April 2014

Comments

• doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ::Adam:: wrote: »
    This afternoon's show was amazing - Ray didn't get 10's for his performance he was on 9.5 as he messed up on one little bit(so Robin said)

I'll update with scores onces i've got my pictures sorted - but a brilliant show - crowd really got behind Ray, Beth and Hayley

Sounds great :D
  • humpty dumptyhumpty dumpty Posts: 4,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since theres no bolero, does this mean there is no skate off and only the winner is announced, or do they give a top two/three?
  • tracynoetracynoe Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No skate off. Most are eliminated in no particulate order then top 3 announced, the Winning pro comes on at that point for a lap of honour with the winning celeb.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tracynoe wrote: »
    No skate off. Most are eliminated in no particulate order then top 3 announced, the Winning pro comes on at that point for a lap of honour with the winning celeb.

Thanks:) For those who have been to the shows....can you let us know who the top three have been? (I know Ray has won them all so far, but would be interested to see who was no2 and 3) Also, do the judges marks count at all in the final score?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scores from today's shows?
  • Studio GirlStudio Girl Posts: 2,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, I went with some friends to the tour on Saturday evening, and although not a big DOI watcher, I thoroughly enjoyed the show! For those who asked, the top three were Ray (1), Hayley (2) and Kyran (3). Scores were combined judges and audience. Can't remember all the judges scores, but Ray scored 30. All the couples did one routine and were judged before the interval. The winners were announced just after the interval, and the second half was probably 45 -50 minutes of just skating performances, with the exception of Joe Pasquale's comedy turn. So everyone was on the ice more than once. There were some really enjoyable pro routines as well, and of course Jayne and Chris, who were amazing! Hope this helps.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fizzilou wrote: »
    Just got tickets for Manchester last minute, don't normally leave it so long but I've had to save up. Got good seats too so I'm very happy, was expecting only higher tier.

Would love to see Sam doing happy, unfortunate he isn't on the tour. Unpopular opinion but I hope Hayley doesn't do Jai Ho

ditto but I suspect she will
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, I went with some friends to the tour on Saturday evening, and although not a big DOI watcher, I thoroughly enjoyed the show! For those who asked, the top three were Ray (1), Hayley (2) and Kyran (3). Scores were combined judges and audience. Can't remember all the judges scores, but Ray scored 30. All the couples did one routine and were judged before the interval. The winners were announced just after the interval, and the second half was probably 45 -50 minutes of just skating performances, with the exception of Joe Pasquale's comedy turn. So everyone was on the ice more than once. There were some really enjoyable pro routines as well, and of course Jayne and Chris, who were amazing! Hope this helps.

Thanks for all the info. I don't go till the 24th April, but I will post results if anyone is still interested by then:)
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the info. I don't go till the 24th April, but I will post results if anyone is still interested by then:)

Thanks, I'd like to know to see if the lower scorers (Joe, Bonnie etc) have improved over the tour :)
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks:) For those who have been to the shows....can you let us know who the top three have been? (I know Ray has won them all so far, but would be interested to see who was no2 and 3) Also, do the judges marks count at all in the final score?
    I took my god daughter to the MEN on Sunday afternoon.

Ray won, Hayley second (overmarked by Robin again) and Beth was third.

Ray and Maria did their flamenco to Malaguena, but a tiny slip cost them tens and they scored an overall 38.5 from the judges (Robin, Karen and Nicky.) It brought the house down.

Hayley and Dan performed their Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy. As expected it was jazz hands and cheesy grins - but the audiences seem to like her. I had a chuckle when Nicky gave her 7.

Beth and Lukasz chose their Hey Brother Scottish routine and scored equal points with Hayley and Dan.

Kyran actually tied for top spot with the judges but the audience clearly went for the North West lad and lasses. I'd have liked to see Ray 1st, Hayley 2nd and Suzanne 3rd (she and Matt performed Black Velvet) but I got the winner I wanted and Beth made the top three.

Torvill and Dean recreated Bolero and although I've been critical in the past over the number of times this routine has been churned it really was a magical moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    Thanks, I'd like to know to see if the lower scorers (Joe, Bonnie etc) have improved over the tour :)

Bonnie and Andrei skated to Devil Gate Drive - it was very energetic and great fun. She's clearly happy to be part of the tour and with the judges she finished above Gareth and Joe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignazio wrote: »

Ray and Maria did their flamenco to Malaguena, but a tiny slip cost them tens and they scored an overall 38.5 from the judges (Robin, Karen and Nicky.) It brought the house down.

Hayley and Dan performed their Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy. As expected it was jazz hands and cheesy grins - but the audiences seem to like her. I had a chuckle when Nicky gave her 7.

Beth and Lukasz chose their Hey Brother Scottish routine and scored equal points with Hayley and Dan.

Kyran actually tied for top spot with the judges but the audience clearly went for the North West lad and lasses. I'd have liked to see Ray 1st, Hayley 2nd and Suzanne 3rd (she and Matt performed Black Velvet) but I got the winner I wanted and Beth made the top three.

Torvill and Dean recreated Bolero and although I've been critical in the past over the number of times this routine has been churned it really was a magical moment.

7 from Nicky for Hayley :o

What is the merchandise like?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Recent scores?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    7 from Nicky for Hayley :o

What is the merchandise like?
    Expensive.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What on earth was I saying - I'd have liked to see Ray 1st, Beth 2nd and Suzanne 3rd.
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,572
    Forum Member
    What on earth was I saying - I'd have liked to see Ray 1st, Beth 2nd and Suzanne 3rd.

With the judges still repeating the same marking logic it may be infectious.

From the youtubes and scores, not much is going to change over the tour unless they change routines. . Suzanne's second routine has her difficulty, and wow factor moves, in it - the first looks forshortened - without much thats vote catching in it. People who voted for Hayley will keep on voting for her with her first routine - which is pretty standard for her. Beth still hasn't got a good enough routine to make them rethink. Kyran is a good enough skater to attract the judges vote when its now biased more to the skating, and Nicky seems to be voting on the skating and hasn't developed the other judges's blindspot when it comes to Hayley. Bonnie actually should be enjoying herself - she's got her best routine and it looks the most exciting out there - even if its being undermarked still.

You just have to imagine how much better things would be if they had all had a bit longer and external choregraphic support to work up what they thought was their best routine to perform on the lasting outing for the show. Instead it looks like a fair reflection of the series, but thats not necessarily a great idea.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Expensive.

What sort of things are they selling?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What sort of things are they selling?
    I didn't see anything other than t shirts (short and long sleeved) tank tops and adult polo shirts.

I paid £20 for an average quality t shirt for my godchild and bought her a programme - that was it.
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member

Ahhh you where at the same show as me! Hello!

Anyone know what the closing song they use it? it's been suck in my head for days!

They sell, T Shirts, Programs, iPhone cases and Mugs - the programs come in a bag too, prices are roughly;

T Shirt - £18 - £22
    Program - £10
    Mugs - £8
    Iphone Cases - £20

It is a brilliant show all round, I love the second half, Beths routine and Joes comedy bit are my highlights, and of course the closing routine is just brilliant(I wish I knew the music!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can people post scores so we can make comparisons?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahhh you where at the same show as me! Hello!

Anyone know what the closing song they use it? it's been suck in my head for days!

They sell, T Shirts, Programs, iPhone cases and Mugs - the programs come in a bag too, prices are roughly;

T Shirt - £18 - £22
    Program - £10
    Mugs - £8
    Iphone Cases - £20

I go on 19th April (Birmingham). I'll be getting a programme and might get a mug too
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    I go on 19th April (Birmingham). I'll be getting a programme and might get a mug too

The mugs don't have Dancing on ice on - there ones with Jayne and Chris on to celebrate 30 years
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The mugs don't have Dancing on ice on - there ones with Jayne and Chris on to celebrate 30 years

OK thanks - I wanted a DOI mug :kitty:

So I'll just get a programme :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Ray has now won eight out of eight shows! Unless he has an off night ( which will maybe happen at some point) I can't see him losing many! Apparently Nicky gave him 9.5 last night and Robin collapsed in despair saying it was beyond perfect! Karen also said it was worth more than a 10! Still top of leaderboard tho! Beth was second and Hayley third!