Xbox Event - 21st May, 6PM UK time

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Now confirmed - rumour was correct.

Xbox 720/Next Box/whatever will be revealed 21st May 6PM our time.

www.xboxevent.com/reveal

Live stream and any official news will be here: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hub/[news]Xbox 720 reveal: Video live stream of A New Generation Revealed event[/news]

Comments

• kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also you can watch the conference on your Xbox :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I put Michael Pachter's email address in and it worked.

Unfortunately there is no step 2, it said thank you and you'll get a confirmation email!

Oh well - I'm sure he won't mind :D
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    ...and it's ON!!
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...and it's ON!!

Always.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully they actually show us the thing lol
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to the reveal, and nice to see it will be at an earlier time than the PS4 one was.

I have to admit, I'm pretty sold on the PS4 right now, but i'm excited to see what Xbox can bring to the party. If they can better Sony's efforts, then we're really in for a treat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Hopefully they actually show us the thing lol
    Major Nelson poked fun at Sony for not showing the PS4.

So if we don't see it, he will have a lot of 'crow' to eat as the yanks put it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to the reveal, and nice to see it will be at an earlier time than the PS4 one was.

I have to admit, I'm pretty sold on the PS4 right now, but i'm excited to see what Xbox can bring to the party. If they can better Sony's efforts, then we're really in for a treat.
    Handy for us here (although I'll have to hot foot it home from work), but odd timing for the US, 10AM local time on a weekday is unusual I think.

Surely at a time when people can watch it live and get engrossed not just get the highlights from an article after the event.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    Handy for us here (although I'll have to hot foot it home from work), but odd timing for the US, 10AM local time on a weekday is unusual I think.

Surely at a time when people can watch it live and get engrossed not just get the highlights from an article after the event.

Maybe they think they'll get more exposure through the evening news & entertainment websites etc by doing it in the daytime.

The Americans seem to be quite patriotic towards "home-grown" hardware, so perhaps this will be a bigger deal to the general public than the PS4 launch was?

Any, sod all that. Good news for us. :D
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My gut feeling is MS are gonna come out with a good showing and dare I say it, overshadow the Sony Ps4 reveal.

Time will tell.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My gut feeling is MS are gonna come out with a good showing and dare I say it, overshadow the Sony Ps4 reveal.

Time will tell.
    Or it will end up like E3 last year - http://www.eulagony.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/untitled-1m0zbqeixjd.gif
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh this is exciting! I like conferences way more than I should. I expect a good showing, hopefully it's not too Kinect heavy. It will be nice to finally hear official details instead of all these rumours...i'll be interested to see which if any are true.

Apparently Sony has another event planned around that time, maybe to show the console? E3 is going to be brilliant this year, the last couple have been a bit lacklustre but this is a big year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lmao it's true though, outside of Halo, Gears and Forza what do they have that is exclusive

This launch event and E3 is mircosoft's chance to win me back, they have already burned me twice with overrated consoles

Though i will admit Alan Wake was an incredible experience, is that and Halo 2 enough to justify having bought two consoles and to start thinking about a third, no it isn't
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenny1986 wrote: »
    Oh this is exciting! I like conferences way more than I should. I expect a good showing, hopefully it's not too Kinect heavy. It will be nice to finally hear official details instead of all these rumours...i'll be interested to see which if any are true.

Apparently Sony has another event planned around that time, maybe to show the console? E3 is going to be brilliant this year, the last couple have been a bit lacklustre but this is a big year.
    There were rumours we'd see something on the 25th May - would be a laugh and quite clever.

Go first. Don't show your full hand. Let MS go later and tell all then have a second showing dropping all manner of nuclear bombs.
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Lmao it's true though, outside of Halo, Gears and Forza what do they have that is exclusive

This launch event and E3 is mircosoft's chance to win me back, they have already burned me twice with overrated consoles

Though i will admit Alan Wake was an incredible experience, is that and Halo 2 enough to justify having bought two consoles and to start thinking about a third, no it isn't
    In fairness Dance Central is popular. So is Kinect - but not at E3. No one attends or watches E3 closely hoping to see the new Kinect or dance game.

It is kind of telling too that the timeline on the hub page for this event has so many third party games. COD, GTA etc whereas Sony had a lengthy montage of all their iconic IPs.

No bad thing to position yourself as the console of choice for COD and GTA, though.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it really worth it with the 360 still so popular?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Is it really worth it with the 360 still so popular?
    Depends on what you are defining popular as.

Sales are declining. Hardware was down 32% last month in the US.

It is 100% time for something new.
    Forum Member
    Always.

Didn't see that one coming. Good one.
    Forum Member
    Major Nelson poked fun at Sony for not showing the PS4.

So if we don't see it, he will have a lot of 'crow' to eat as the yanks put it.

The same source of rumours that gave the Xbox reveal date which turned out to be true also made mention of the delay which was due to the manufacturing of the hardware as MS want to have the console on show. Besides they better do since E3 is only 2 weeks after.
    Forum Member
    thomas2400 wrote: »

They have Lionhead and Rare too, and they've been working on something, then there's Black Tusk the new studio and Crytek's Ryse. MS have access to some superb exclusives like PGR, Banjo Kazooie, Perfect Dark, Fable, Killer Instinct, Crackdown, State of Decay.. trotting out the old "it's only Gears, Forza and Halo" is ignorant and who knows what new IP's/exclusive deals may come to light? Epic and Remedy weren't listed as third party devs working with PS4 either.

Those three franchises may be the most popular but it's no different to saying Sony only have the "Uncharted, Killzone and Gran Turismo" (which are Sony's best selling too). Both companies have some great IP's, it's literally what they do with them that counts.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    I can't wait for the gifs!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The same source of rumours that gave the Xbox reveal date which turned out to be true also made mention of the delay which was due to the manufacturing of the hardware as MS want to have the console on show. Besides they better do since E3 is only 2 weeks after.

Are they just manufacturing preview consoles or actual consumer units? Could they go for a surprise early launch? It wouldn't be the first time it's happened. Sega did a surprise early launch for the Saturn in the USA when trying a steal a march of Sony and the first PlayStation. (they said it was coming out in Septmber and then suddenly released in May, not revealing their plans till that very day IIRC)

EDIT : In fact, didn't MS release the 360 Slim at very short notice?? It would be a very Apple thing to do. The Americans would lap it up.
    Forum Member
    Are they just manufacturing preview consoles or actual consumer units? Could they go for a surprise early launch? It wouldn't be the first time it's happened. Sega did a surprise early launch for the Saturn in the USA when trying a steal a march of Sony and the first PlayStation. (they said it was coming out in Septmber and then suddenly released in May, not revealing their plans till that very day IIRC)

EDIT : In fact, didn't MS release the 360 Slim at very short notice?? It would be a very Apple thing to do. The Americans would lap it up.

360 was short notice, though that was more of a forced launch, I don't see MS messing about like Nintendo or anything though. They can't be so far off from consumer units though, if the console is to be launched in November, a surprise early launch could work especially when Sony seem unsure if PS4 will even arrive in Europe this year.
    Forum Member
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    I can't wait for the gifs!

Not the games, the...gifs? I'm guessing that's so you can go on a fanboy forum conquest? Fingers crossed it all goes tits up eh ;)
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gives them around 6 months of hype before dumping it on us just before Xmas. I'll wait until Jan before I decide which one of the next gens I'm gonna get.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some info from the guy that said we'll see it May 21st.

http://windowsitpro.com/paul-thurrotts-wininfo/here-comes-next-xbox
    Internet-connected. The next Xbox must be Internet-connected to use. This is the source of the “always on”/“always online” rumors and isn’t as Draconian as many seem to believe.