Who's Your Favourite???

clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,840
Forum Member
✭✭
hey guys, so we are now down to the last 20!! who are your favourites?

Who Are Your Favourites in Season 12? 116 votes

Adriana Latonio
0% 0 votes
Amber Holcomb
6% 7 votes
Angela Miller
21% 25 votes
Aubrey Cleland
4% 5 votes
Breanna Steer
4% 5 votes
Candice Glover
18% 21 votes
Janelle Arthur
5% 6 votes
Kree Harrison
7% 9 votes
Tenna Torres
0% 0 votes
Zoanette Johnson
5% 6 votes
Charlie Askew
1% 2 votes
Curtis Finch, Jr.
3% 4 votes
Devin Velez
6% 7 votes
Elijah Liu
0% 1 vote
Paul Jolley
2% 3 votes
Burnell Taylor
6% 8 votes
Cortez Shaw
0% 0 votes
Lazaro Arbos
3% 4 votes
Nick Boddington
2% 3 votes
Vincent Powell
0% 0 votes

Comments

• clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've added a poll, don't be silly and vote for loads of people ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In no order.

Zoanette Johnson
    Charlie Askew
    Curtis Finch, Jr. (starting to get annoyed already)
    Devin Velez
  • OpEdOpEd Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay, I think there are about too many outstanding ladies. About 8 of them should go through.

But, I just watched Burnell Taylor on the 16th show (the top 10 men sing) and I want him to win. He can sing and he means it... so that's that. But mostly I appreciate what he just sang and why he did it. Very cool.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    The song choices have been so boring this year, it's hindering any attempt I have at trying to find a favourite
  • David JamesDavid James Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    Angela is so over-rated, no depth or variation in her voice
  • ribtickleribtickle Posts: 6,361
    Forum Member
    Breanna is the only one with any kind of star quality IMO. She has the looks, the contemporary voice, and the composure to do well, and seems like a ready-made recording and performing artiste. The only criticism I'd make of her Idol journey so far is that she shouldn't always try to look too cool, too composed, making those perfect mouths to camera and the graceful arm and hand movements all while singing with such poise. It can communicate professionalism, but the worry is it may also prevent her connecting with the audience, who need to be motivated to vote for her. She may even come across as good but a little bland. A bit of letting go, showing some emotion, may be necessary.

I thought her top 10 girls Beyoncé song was great. The song was a little understated perhaps, given it's a competition and all the rest are making a big bold statement to get themselves noticed. But she stood out for me precisely because it was so vocally accomplished, showing great poise and control, almost to recording quality level, whereas all the rest seemed a bit shouty and were trying too hard to play the diva.

I suppose Aubrey has a similar thing going, but she seems a little old-fashioned by comparison. Even her name sounds like that of an old dowager. Pretty girl certainly, but everything about her looks and singing style comes across as a pageant queen, or even a Sheena Easton circa early 90s, in comparison to Breanna.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, out of all the (too) many talented ladies I'd have to say the top three are Candice, Kree & Angela. And Amber... a strong 4th... or 2nd or 3rd.

If it isn't going to be Burnell, I'd like to see Candice win because she is the best (though, it is hard to commit to that) and it would be cool to see someone who is a returnee win. That would go some way towards stopping all the end-of-the-world! misery that all too many of those who don't get through convince themselves of...
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lazaro, Paul and Burnell.
  • xfactorisgr8xfactorisgr8 Posts: 20,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The girls are much stronger than the guys.

I would prefer it tonight if like 7/8 of the girls could get through and only 2/3 of the guys.

My Favourite is Janelle but she seems to have lost it in the last few weeks
  • bingoesbingoes Posts: 4,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is everybody?

Anyhow, thought both boys and girls this week were great. Real shame that half of them will go. Obvious that some great talents will not get the chance to go on.

Have a few favs. Girls: Amber, Brenna, Jonelle, Candice, Kree (as for Angie, yes her original song was good but I think she is so over rated)

Boys: Vincent, Lazro,Devin, Burnell and Nick.

Watching confused Charlie get upset with the comments he received was sad and slightly disturbing, I don't think he is ready for this. Zonetta is crazy and entertaining in a way but i hope she doesn't go through as there really are some far better singers that will lose out. I am sure that will happen though :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damn, one of my girl favourites and two of my boy favourites didn't make it.:(
    how on earth did Paul make it and Curtis over Vincent, why?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bingoes wrote: »
    how on earth did Paul make it and Curtis over Vincent, why?

Curtis? He made it because he is without a doubt the 2nd best... of the guys*

Paul I think probably is 3rd best guy; even though I don't like his musical tastes, I can recognize his voice. But I liked Vincent as well. Anyway, beyond !BURNELL! and Curtis none of the guys has anything on any of the girls. Lazaro and that other dude who made the 5 are plenty good as well, so Vincent didn't get robbed or anything (actually, if you aren't going to win or come in top 2-3? count yourself lucky to get out from under the Idol machine anyway... :D )

*Though I really don't take to the GodJabbering that everybody takes to (I can't hold that against him as much as the judges, btw :rolleyes: ). And still think he acted a little assy during groupthing. But he's pretty cool since then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, and, by the way Candice and Kree... kicked ass.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OpEd wrote: »
    Curtis? He made it because he is without a doubt the 2nd best... of the guys*

Paul I think probably is 3rd best guy; even though I don't like his musical tastes, I can recognize his voice. But I liked Vincent as well. Anyway, beyond !BURNELL! and Curtis none of the guys has anything on any of the girls. Lazaro and that other dude who made the 5 are plenty good as well, so Vincent didn't get robbed or anything (actually, if you aren't going to win or come in top 2-3? count yourself lucky to get out from under the Idol machine anyway... :D )

*Though I really don't take to the GodJabbering that everybody takes to (I can't hold that against him as much as the judges, btw :rolleyes: ). And still think he acted a little assy during groupthing. But he's pretty cool since then.

Oops, I meant Paul over Vincent. :o

I would rather listen to Vincent or Nick than Paul who for me is just padding.

Obviously a girl will win this year. Hope it is Amber, although it will be Angie, hmmm.

I don't think winning American Idol is a bad thing as unlike in the UK most winners go on to huge success, like Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson. All winners over in the UK, like Xfactor go down the pan immediately for some reason.

Anyhow, Im still wondering, feel sorta sad and slightly embarrassed that there is hardly any interest in American Idol on DS anymore.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oops, I meant Paul over Vincent. :o

I would rather listen to Vincent or Nick than Paul...

Yeah me too. As I said I really don't like Paul's musical tastes at all. But he does have a strong voice; 3rd strongest of the boys. And, anyway, I don't really like any of the kind of music Idol represents. I wouldn't actually buy anything Vincent or Nick are bound to put out either. The only AI contestant I would come close to seeking out is Eliot (?) from a few years ago.
    I don't think winning American Idol is a bad thing..

No. Of course winning is a huge thing. 2nd and even 3rd is usually quite something too... but otherwise you are probably better off not being tied to the tour and the show. So I say get your exposure and get out. (And don't cry; count yourself lucky)
    Anyhow, Im still wondering, feel sorta sad and slightly embarrassed that there is hardly any interest in American Idol on DS anymore.

These forums are a mess and need to be organized. Shit's buried all over the place -- random and haphazard. Needs a complete rethinking and overhaul. People watch TV on a universal level now more than ever. I've been watching whatever OZ, UK, US, etc shows I wanted to for many years now... many many years. And it has been steadily the kind of thing many many people do now. There needn't be a "US/Reality/Cult/Radio and Broadcasting/Satellite Uplink/American IDOL (US pace NO SPOLIERS!)/PC and Mac/Android Emulation/Technical FAQ" subforum...

It's stupidiotic!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OpEd wrote: »
    Yeah me too. As I said I really don't like Paul's musical tastes at all. But he does have a strong voice; 3rd strongest of the boys. And, anyway, I don't really like any of the kind of music Idol represents. I wouldn't actually buy anything Vincent or Nick are bound to put out either. The only AI contestant I would come close to seeking out is Eliot (?) from a few years ago.

Paul is there by default, I don't get it. Anyhow I have to jump up and down and agree that only Elliot would be my choice, what a wonderful voice he has, this odd looking bloke was just so damn good. I loved how Paula cried when he sang (awww those were the best of times )I was incensed that Taylor won, what a year that was.

Paula to Elliot 'you move me' :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yKG0M4Gx64

AI really did have a few good seasons where the talent was oozzzing - the year of the black divas - Fantasia, Jennifer Hudson and Melinda Doolittle
    that was the best year for girls.

Hmmm how I wish it was how it was. Watching the selection of the final 10 was weird, put the 10 in a small holding room out back and then half are left in that miserable back room to be finally called out by Ryan 'here they are and off you go'. All those weeks of performing, jumper through hoops to learn your fate in the small back room. Bah, I'm not impressed. Any more of that back room and I think i will give it all a miss :(:mad::p

These forums are a mess and need to be organized. Shit's buried all over the place -- random and haphazard. Needs a complete rethinking and overhaul. People watch TV on a universal level now more than ever. I've been watching whatever OZ, UK, US, etc shows I wanted to for many years now... many many years. And it has been steadily the kind of thing many many people do now. There needn't be a "US/Reality/Cult/Radio and Broadcasting/Satellite Uplink/American IDOL (US pace NO SPOLIERS!)/PC and Mac/Android Emulation/Technical FAQ" subforum...

It's stupidiotic!

I've been here for yonks, i found this forum straight away :D Don't think we can blame the DS for the set up, that lack of input into AI forum is probably due to the fact for UK viewers is that AI is on Channel 5 and hardly anyone watches that (only saddos like me who won't let go of reality AI yet - as I am waiting for my next Elliot or Melinda)

There is a 2 page thread of people moaning that they couldn't find this forum and now they have found it they don't comment - ha ha :D
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angela is the only one who I can imagine buying her music. I'm not keen on country so Janelle is out. The other three girls haven't registered with me yet. Of the guys I like the one who Nicki compared to a Ken doll, the guy with a speech impediment and the black guy who sang I believe I can FLy.
  • sugarandspicesugarandspice Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think it should necissarly be 5 boys and 5 girls go through and whoever gets the most votes go through i would have had 6 girls and 4 boys go instead of 5vs5

Girls:

Aubrey
    Candice
    Angela
    Janelle
    Kree
    Breanna
    Shubha (I know she went earlier but she was my favourite contestant)

Boys:

Burnell
    Lazaro
    Devin

I dont know about all the love for Amber though for me i just dont like her
  • len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Paul is there by default, I don't get it. Anyhow I have to jump up and down and agree that only Elliot would be my choice, what a wonderful voice he has, this odd looking bloke was just so damn good. I loved how Paula cried when he sang (awww those were the best of times )I was incensed that Taylor won, what a year that was.

Paula to Elliot 'you move me' :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yKG0M4Gx64

AI really did have a few good seasons where the talent was oozzzing - the year of the black divas - Fantasia, Jennifer Hudson and Melinda Doolittle
    that was the best year for girls.

Hmmm how I wish it was how it was. Watching the selection of the final 10 was weird, put the 10 in a small holding room out back and then half are left in that miserable back room to be finally called out by Ryan 'here they are and off you go'. All those weeks of performing, jumper through hoops to learn your fate in the small back room. Bah, I'm not impressed. Any more of that back room and I think i will give it all a miss :(:mad::p

I've been here for yonks, i found this forum straight away :D Don't think we can blame the DS for the set up, that lack of input into AI forum is probably due to the fact for UK viewers is that AI is on Channel 5 and hardly anyone watches that (only saddos like me who won't let go of reality AI yet - as I am waiting for my next Elliot or Melinda)

There is a 2 page thread of people moaning that they couldn't find this forum and now they have found it they don't comment - ha ha :D

Elliot Yamin was my favourite male contestant ever , The three divas you mentioned were Fantasia , Jennifer and Latoya . Melinda was a few seasons later . Candice is my current favourite and is a cross between Melinda and Latoya in my opinion she's awesome but not quite in the same way that Fantasia was .