Options

Jurassic World (2015)

GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
Forum Member
The teaser of teaser, starring Star-Lord...

The Park is open...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvdIL7pUjcg

Comments

• Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope this one turns out to be a worthy sequel.
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    I too hope that this next trilogy isn't a letdown. Jurassic Park 4 has been rumoured for a long time, and nothing ever came of it (for various reasons I'm sure). I'm not too sure if I like the name Jurassic World; Jurassic Park was more accurate, but alas, I wont knock it down because of that. I do wonder whether they could have gone with Triassic Park or Cretaceous Park or something though. :p

All I/we know (from various synopsis') is that the park (or those within) do something to boost visitors, but whatever they do goes wrong. Anyone hazard a guess or two?
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be happy so long as the rumoured drafts of dino's with lasers in their heads never see the light of day.
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this but how is the park still open after the previous incidents?
  • Options
    Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    f_196 wrote: »
    I'll be happy so long as the rumoured drafts of dino's with lasers in their heads never see the light of day.
    Ah, the legendary bonkers JP 4 script, which actually had some pre-production work done IIRC.
    Flash525 wrote: »
    I'm not too sure if I like the name Jurassic World
    A play on Disney World?
  • Options
    Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    I bloody love dinosaurs. I love Chris Pratt. And I love the director Colin Trevorrow's previous film, Safety Not Guaranteed (it was quirky, imaginative, funny and sentimental). He's a really interesting choice for director. So colour me hopeful.
  • Options
    Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    I too hope that this next trilogy isn't a letdown. Jurassic Park 4 has been rumoured for a long time, and nothing ever came of it (for various reasons I'm sure). I'm not too sure if I like the name Jurassic World; Jurassic Park was more accurate, but alas, I wont knock it down because of that. I do wonder whether they could have gone with Triassic Park or Cretaceous Park or something though. :p

Cretaceous Park is just asking to be labelled as "Cretinous Park" if it turns out badly.
    All I/we know (from various synopsis') is that the park (or those within) do something to boost visitors, but whatever they do goes wrong. Anyone hazard a guess or two?

It all goes wrong? No shit Sherlock! How about a script that says "hey, everything's great!". Now THERE'S a novel concept!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to this but how is the park still open after the previous incidents?

I'm not sure exactly, but the synopsis just explains that the park has new ownership.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That has properly whetted my appetite
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A teaser trailer for a trailer?! Haha....
    That has properly whetted my appetite

^^ I completely agree!

Don't know if its the soft theme which is very nostalgic or if the footage they've shown is actually any good, but I've been very wary of this film since it was announced, that teaser looked good though and has whetted me appetite to see more.

Just a shame that it hasn't got The Goldblum in it :(
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure exactly, but the synopsis just explains that the park has new ownership.
    With enough funding, anything is possible. All they'd have had to do is to herd (and/or tranquilize) all the dinosaurs and move them to specific locations. Those that they didn't have room for could be placed on the second island.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    With enough funding, anything is possible. All they'd have had to do is to herd (and/or tranquilize) all the dinosaurs and move them to specific locations. Those that they didn't have room for could be placed on the second island.

Well as on teaser, there is restricted area

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/news/68351/_1416765496.jpg
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope this one turns out to be a worthy sequel.

I think it will. It will go down in history as one of the only sequels to be better than the originals
  • Options
    AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think what they do is create a new/hybrid species of dinosaur that is too dangerous and has too many teeth!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AaronWx wrote: »
    I think what they do is create a new/hybrid species of dinosaur that is too dangerous and has too many teeth!

Yes,
    there is a new variant of T-Rex (D-Rex I think) - there was a preview of a new Lego range that 'spoiled' it.
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I have a few ideas for what will happen, which I'll put in spoilers as it includes some of the things we know about already too...
    - Jurassic Park owners Ingen were bought out by Masrani in 1998 (there's a complete website for the company - http://www.masraniglobal.com/index.html ). This new company worked from 2002 to 2004 to build Jurassic World - a new theme park on Isla Nublar (Site A, of the original Jurassic Park) and said park has been open to the public since 2005.

- Ingen founder John Hammond passed away in 1997, presumably shortly after the events of The Lost World: Jurassic Park. He will be remembered in the fourth film in some small ways - there is a statue to his memory, as well as a Hammond Creation Lab on the island - as confirmed by a website for Jurassic World (also a complete viral site - http://uk.jurassicworldintl.com/ ).

- It's been suggested in the past that Universal had the initial rights to do up to six Jurassic Park films. This has been fuelled further by Colin Trevarrow suggesting that his characters will be developed enough with ideas in mind to carry into future stories - a fifth and sixth film are likely - a Jurassic World trilogy. If that is the case, then we can expect the actual theme park in this film to get away relatively unscathed. While we can expect some terrified tourists along the way we won't have scenes of the dinosaurs tearing down the park, in my opinion.

- D-Rex - We know that after ten years operating, the park is losing a bit of its novelty. Dinosaurs aren't the interesting prospect they were ten years earlier, and one of the earliest concepts for the film was a teenager turning his back on a T-Rex to look at his smartphone instead. The film will concern the park geneticists developing a 'new attraction' for the park. This has been rumoured to be a D-Rex...a new species created by splicing the DNA of other species to create new hybrid "cross-breeds". To support this, we have scientist Henry Wu returning from the original film hinting at such a plot thread, and then a supposed leak of images of Jurassic World Lego toys... this supposedly being the Diabolus Rex... http://cdn.idigitaltimes.com/sites/idigitaltimes.com/files/styles/image_embed/public/2014/11/17/jurassic-world-drex.jpg?itok=6A8EkGKi My bet is that 'life finds a way' again, and this new creation gets out of control causing havoc in the park, sparking the dramatic events of the story. In all likelihood this D-Rex will get free and cause havoc, panic and mass-evacuations.

- Velociraptors: Raptors aren't actually listed as a species in Jurassic World from the brochure released for the park ( http://cdn.idigitaltimes.com/sites/idigitaltimes.com/files/styles/image_embed/public/2014/11/17/jurassic-world-brochure.jpg?itok=v8AEObUq ) but there have been hints that they are involved in some way. More Jurassic World Lego sets seem to indicate that they are involved...
    http://cdn.idigitaltimes.com/sites/idigitaltimes.com/files/styles/image_embed/public/2014/11/17/jurassic-world-green-velociraptor.jpg?itok=A1fzUayo
    http://cdn.idigitaltimes.com/sites/idigitaltimes.com/files/styles/image_embed/public/2014/11/17/jurassic-world-camo-velociraptor.jpg?itok=1gJeRMbT
    http://cdn.idigitaltimes.com/sites/idigitaltimes.com/files/styles/image_embed/public/2014/11/17/jurassic-world-neon-green-velociraptor.jpg?itok=aXh9U-Pu
    http://cdn.idigitaltimes.com/sites/idigitaltimes.com/files/styles/image_embed/public/2014/11/17/jurassic-world-scar-velociraptor.jpg?itok=TpRrsTQ6

A suggestion has been made that these raptors will even have names. Chris Pratt's character has been training them for an actual use in the park...potentially to take down the D-Rex or a similar threat. It'd be an effective way to use the species without making them feel like a repetitive retread. There's this image that leaked that hasn't been confirmed or denied as official, but if real indicates the raptors are involved and under some kind of human control...
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Br92ye2IUAEUL7g.jpg

Then there's the issue of the raptor in the poster for the film released earlier this year, which may also indicate a more wild raptor...
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-PUu9VeRvSzg/U8nD62X4GxI/AAAAAAAABXI/bnWK6Nek-aU/s1600/jurassic-world-FINAL.jpg

Restricted Area: The teaser trailer shows a massive area on the map of Isla Nublar that is restricted and off-limits. A poster from earlier this year (posted just above) shows a Raptor having built a nest in a very familiar overturned tour vehicle from the original film. In the background there is construction going on. It seems probable that the restricted area of the island is the site of the former Jurassic Park - which has become overgrown and left to its own devices. Somehow this will allow the plot to feature the modern and up-to-date theme park, and then somehow cause the characters to cross into this restricted zone later on - a major nostalgia fest for fans of the original film, a chance to include more wild and untamed dinosaurs, and a chance to include a threat that doesn't result in park destruction - basically extending the shelf life of the franchise.

If this all turns out to be how it pans out I'll be very satisfied. It offers a dash of new, a dash of old, some new ideas that aren't too convoluted, room for more films without feeling excessive and a great deal more respectful to the original than the other sequels (although I enjoy them for what they are too) :)

I'm hugely excited for this either way. Jurassic Park is my favourite movie and I grew up with the series...I even have an original, signed copy of the novel. It somewhat feels how I suspect many Star Wars fans felt when they were told they were getting more films after the initial trilogy...only hopefully without the crushing disappointment that followed. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cant wait. jurassic park is in my top 5 favourite movies and a fourth seems to have been in the pipeline for god knows how long. The second and third weren't as good as the first but i still love them. still kinda hoping that either jeff goldblum, sam neil or laura dern have a cameo.
  • Options
    MmmbopMmmbop Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been waiting for this for about ten years, Jurassic Park is my favourite film of all time. Can't believe we're only half a year away from Jurassic World. Never followed the making of a film so closely as I have done with this, it's really going to piss on my chips if it turns out to be garbage.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

"Lessons were learned" is the usual corporate PR speak.:D
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am so excited about this! JP is one of my favourite films ever
  • Options
    geosgeos Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh shit! Training Raptors??
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The CGI dinosaurs don't look any better than the ones from 20 years ago.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks fantastic! The park is mega! Can't wait to see it!
  • Options
    SanguiniusSanguinius Posts: 1,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks great!

Having a gang of trained Raptors looks badass!