• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    Just heard it, actually really good!
  • KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Molly14 wrote: »
    Just heard it, actually really good!

It's a lot better than I was expecting, I thought it was going to be a ballad. It's brilliant! :D
  • Theo_BearTheo_Bear Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a lot more rocky than I was expecting. I liked it until it got to the very shouty chorus and the harsh chord change at the end of the title lyric. And the end of the song needs a proper ending. It just stops.

I think it's a grower for me. 7/10.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theo_Bear wrote: »
    It's a lot more rocky than I was expecting. I liked it until it got to the very shouty chorus and the harsh chord change at the end of the title lyric. And the end of the song needs a proper ending. It just stops.

I think it's a grower for me. 7/10.

Agree with you about the ending.

It's very Kelly Clarkson!
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah its decent enough
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually, afraid I've changed my mind. The second half of the chorus is just nasty. Sounds too much like Keavy in her The Collection youtube videos when she's shouting her head off and sounding like an ear piercing car alarm you just want to terminate with extreme prejudice.
    Forum Member
    Keviness wrote: »

That's it! Trying to figure out who it sounds a bit like! Her! Thank you! haha
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    It's actually quite good. I thought it would be a ballad or some cheesy pop rubbish. Agree with the poster who said it was very Kelly Clarkson. I could imagine her singing it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wouldn't be surprised if this is a song that's spent sometime being passed around after being written for anyone who wanted to record it. It's very un-B*Witched in terms of the repetitive melody. The closest song from their back catalogue I can equate it to in terms of style is If It Don't Fit.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keviness wrote: »
    Agree with you about the ending.

thats exactly who it reminds me off
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely sounds just like a Kelly Clarkson song, crossed with a bit of Pink. Catchy song though and I wish the girls well with it. :)
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    omg it actually sounds good lol when I heard they were releasing new music I was ready to jump off a cliff but I actually like this song lol
  • farscapefarscape Posts: 2,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't be surprised if this is a song that's spent sometime being passed around after being written for anyone who wanted to record it. It's very un-B*Witched in terms of the repetitive melody. The closest song from their back catalogue I can equate it to in terms of style is If It Don't Fit.

Well the music they are known for is very kiddie and not in the ways that appeal to the current generation of kids. I also couldn't see adults being interested in that kind of music beyond a bit of nostagia.

Not to mention I don't think the band themselves would want to release songs like that in 2013. Thus they had the unenviable task of coming up with a sound which is still identifiable as B*Witched but current enough that it wouldn't be laughed off todays charts.
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    farscape wrote: »
    Well the music they are known for is very kiddie and not in the ways that appeal to the current generation of kids. I also couldn't see adults being interested in that kind of music beyond a bit of nostagia.

Not to mention I don't think the band themselves would want to release songs like that in 2013. Thus they had the unenviable task of coming up with a sound which is still identifiable as B*Witched but current enough that it wouldn't be laughed off todays charts.

I wouldn't agree with that really - songs like Blame It On The Weatherman and To You I Belong weren't exactly childish and still sound good today IMO! That said I'm not really that bothered about the charts too much, if B*witched want to release any new music for their fans then great, if it sells well then its a bonus. :) I doubt they're expecting #1 or anything!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    omg it actually sounds good lol when I heard they were releasing new music I was ready to jump off a cliff but I actually like this song lol

These are the types of posts I love :D

It's good people are willing to give them a chance :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »
    I wouldn't agree with that really - songs like Blame It On The Weatherman and To You I Belong weren't exactly childish and still sound good today IMO! That said I'm not really that bothered about the charts too much, if B*witched want to release any new music for their fans then great, if it sells well then its a bonus. :) I doubt they're expecting #1 or anything!

Yeah but those songs aren't exactly representative of their entire output - more often than not, their music was child-friendly pop. And if they're remembered for any song in particular, surely it's 'C'est La Vie', which is definitely at the more juvenile end of things.

Nice to see them back though, I remember listening to them as a child in the 90s!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    embryo wrote: »
    Yeah but those songs aren't exactly representative of their entire output - more often than not, their music was child-friendly pop. And if they're remembered for any song in particular, surely it's 'C'est La Vie', which is definitely at the more juvenile end of things.

Nice to see them back though, I remember listening to them as a child in the 90s!

The reason C'est La Vie worked 15 years ago and why it still works now is because the little kids like the tune and the nursery rhyme style lyrics, while the adults like it because it's a good tune, and they understand just how filthy the words are.

The song's no different to stuff like Captain Pugwash and The Magic Roundabout which was around 25 years before C'est La Vie was released.
    Forum Member
    Listened to it a few times now, genuinely really like it. Sounds like they've split the vocals more so looking forward to seeing a video of them doing it though cos I don't know their voices well enough to realise who's singing what part.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    I absolutely love it :eek: really surprised
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Molly14 wrote: »
    Listened to it a few times now, genuinely really like it. Sounds like they've split the vocals more so looking forward to seeing a video of them doing it though cos I don't know their voices well enough to realise who's singing what part.

I can only recognise Lindsay (I think) and definitely Sinead on the first verse of the new track. I think I've got Keavy on the second verse (I suspect auto tuning, sounds too good to be her) and Edele doing the really high parts of the chorus.
    Forum Member
    I can only recognise Lindsay (I think) and definitely Sinead on the first verse of the new track. I think I've got Keavy on the second verse (I suspect auto tuning, sounds too good to be her) and Edele doing the really high parts of the chorus.

Ah, thanks. The only one i'd definitely got was Sinead cos her voice is a bit lower than the others.
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer pop sound..this does nothing for me. But didn't expect them to come back with pure 90s pop anyway :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I prefer pop sound..this does nothing for me. But didn't expect them to come back with pure 90s pop anyway :(

TBH, I don't like it after repeated playings, and wouldn't feel that I was missing anything if I never heard it again. It's a loud, repetitive, generic pop/rock song for a female artist, harsh chorus melody, and in parts, a really shrill, shouty vocal.

Blame it on the Weatherman it certainly ain't. However, the twitter and FB fans are going bonkers over it.

I just wish they'd taken a bit more time and put something decent out. They're much better than this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's almost too similar to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DH1_JWD5I8

But not the first time B*Witched have plagarised someone else's work. There isn't a person in the world who won't agree that the first 30 seconds of Freak Out from their debut album was straight from Shocking Blue's Venus.
  • 09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is quite bargain bin Kelly Clarkson (she's my favourite singer so I'm harsh on her soundalikes!) but it's very good :eek: