Les dawson

scatcatcathyscatcatcathy Posts: 2,069
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I watched him as a little kid in the 80s and I believe he is sort of underated,he brings back some memories regarding that era.

Comments

• Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched him as a little kid in the 80s and I believe he is sort of underated,he brings back some memories regarding that era.

He's a comedy god. :)

A brilliant book about a very complex and decent man.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Trials-Triumphs-Les-Dawson/dp/1848872518/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364941504&sr=8-1
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heads up from another fan. He was largely self-taught, wasn't he? Extremely clever man from humble beginnings. If you listen to his comedy monologues, you can just tell that he was a genius with words. A bit like Ronnie Barker. I loved his humour and was really upset when he died, especially as he'd got his second wife Tracey, a little baby, Charlotte, and a new life, after losing his first wife, Meg, to cancer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Comedy genius.
  • HowjoHowjo Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    saw him twice as a kid great comic
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still greatly missed, he was so sharp and could make any day better. His shows were full of joy and seemed to last just a few minutes. He really could play that piano and play it well too.
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was laugh out loud funny, extremely intelligent and his stints with Roy Barraclough as Cissie and Ada, the stuff of legend.
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Butterface wrote: »
    He was laugh out loud funny, extremely intelligent and his stints with Roy Barraclough as Cissie and Ada, the stuff of legend.

Cissie and Ada always reminded me of a couple of aunts I had who spoke in the same way. Always gossiping and mouthing certain words related to "women's problems". :D

Les was a very funny and intelligent man who had a wonderful way with words.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    A comedy legend - loved him!
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was one of the few celebrities that when it was announced he'd died, I was genuinely upset :(