Is this picture for real or photoshopped??

loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Surely shes not that hairy! can't believe it's real not because its impossible but because as a big star you never see it in films or other footage and surely she has the means to get it permanently removed?:eek:

http://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/images/full/2011/10/05/169175-kate-winslet.jpg

Comments

• mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,591
    Forum Member
    Everybody has fine hair on their faces, it's just the way the light has caught it.

I'm more amazed at the wrinkles around her eyes - there's quite a lot for a 37-year-old!
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The famous peach fuzz as its called. All women have it, fair skinned are not so noticeable, but those with dark skin can have dark peach fuzz.

Its the light and the angle of the photograph makes Kate's look really bad. If you saw her in real life you wouldn't notice it.
  • The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    While it's true everyone has a touch of it, that still seems like she has an excessive amount there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loveloveX wrote: »
    Surely shes not that hairy! can't believe it's real not because its impossible but because as a big star you never see it in films or other footage and surely she has the means to get it permanently removed?:eek:

http://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/images/full/2011/10/05/169175-kate-winslet.jpg

Wow :eek: she should bring out a range of face combs :D
  • EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bumflufftastic! Actually that's pretty hideous. Urgh!
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    I was shocked when I saw Ms Winslet on that Sky ad - she's not aging at all well imo. Or maybe she's just not obsessed with the Hollywood idea of delaying the aging process by means not totally natural?
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some people have more facial hair than others. I have a shave every morning, all women do :D

Before anyone takes that serious and starts protesting about never having any facial hair, the only person you're lying to is yourself. Eyebrows, moustache, beard whatever it is, its being plucked or zapped
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can see it very slightly in some of these pics.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2297371/Kate-Winslet-husband-Ned-Rocknroll-smiles-opening-night-Book-Of-Mormon.html

I'm more shocked by the speed at which she seems to be aging. The glasses do nothing for her either. Still, I guess she's not bowing to Hollywood stereotypes in that to get ahead you have to have a frozen face.
  • CheriCheri Posts: 1,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love me some Kate Winslet.

She's refreshing to me when watching anything to do with Hollywood.
  • SillyBoyBlueSillyBoyBlue Posts: 3,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like lanugo, a side effect of anorexia...
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like lanugo, a side effect of anorexia...

She's been criticised for her curves in the past, so I doubt she's been anorexic. I have down on my face, and so do other women, but I'm far from anorexic. ;)
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of women have that facial fluff but it gets more pronounced if you don't eat enough or are not faddy diets.

As for the aging, I'm not shocked. The trouble is we're so used to seeing KW in very hightly over photoshopped images of herself in magazines, movie posters....and especially advertising. I walk past a jewellery advert she features in most days at they airbrush 15 years and about 4 stone off her. So when you see her in real life it's a bit odd.
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All women have it. But the skinnier you are the more hair like that your body produces to try and keep itself warm. Might have been triggered if she tried to slim down for her wedding etc.

That's what high def cameras can do for you LOL :)

(also mineral make up can make it worse as it kind of highlights the hairs.. someone may of gone a bit bonkers with a mineral setting powder there LOL)
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she looks fine in today's link. And really happy. She's always looked older than she is and I bet she will look just as good when she's in her 60s/70s because she has the sort of face and bone structure that will age really well naturally.

The stinking hypocrisy on this place kills me. The same people hammering away in sanctimonious disgust at the Daily Mail for its attitude towards woman and ageing are the same ones who really relish sticking the knife in on here.
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember reading that she had to shave her arms for Titanic, so maybe she's just one of those people who's a little bit hairier than others.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    To beard or not to beard?
  • pfgpowellpfgpowell Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    donna255 wrote: »
    The famous peach fuzz as its called. All women have it, fair skinned are not so noticeable, but those with dark skin can have dark peach fuzz.

Its the light and the angle of the photograph makes Kate's look really bad. If you saw her in real life you wouldn't notice it.

Do you know, I always thought 'peach fuzz' was something entirely different. Well, not entirely, but, you know, different.
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just remembered by cousin's face went all downy....then she was pregnant :eek: She removed it with a horse brush (or it looked like a horse brush anyway, so funny)

Not saying KW is of course!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loveloveX wrote: »

If she lets it get any longer she will be tripping over it
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    I think she looks fine in today's link. And really happy. She's always looked older than she is and I bet she will look just as good when she's in her 60s/70s because she has the sort of face and bone structure that will age really well naturally.

The stinking hypocrisy on this place kills me. The same people hammering away in sanctimonious disgust at the Daily Mail for its attitude towards woman and ageing are the same ones who really relish sticking the knife in on here.

Very well said - she's a beautiful woman by any standards; at any age. Gorgeous features. How refreshing that she's ageing naturally. I think it adds character to her face.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very well said - she's a beautiful woman by any standards; at any age. Gorgeous features. How refreshing that she's ageing naturally. I think it adds character to her face.

Cheers, Patsy. :) She's actually got a very timeless look, reminiscent of a more glam era (kind of 40s Hollywood sirens). Same with Cate Blanchett, who will always look beautiful too, for the same reason.
  • *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meh. She looks ok to me. I like how 'normal' she looks compared to all the other celebrities who have nipped, tucked and botoxed just about eveything.
  • Jen-BJen-B Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? Have we on DS gone so far away from reality we can't recognise normal any more?

This is normal. Most women have it. It's a combination of the light and a little too much powder. That's all.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, nothing to see here; woman looks beautiful in photo. The end.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    IIRC, everyone has the same amount of hairs on their body (pre-removal, pre-baldness etc.)...it's just thicker/darker/longer on men post-puberty and some women have issues with theirs too (usually circa menopause or having darker hair).

Random, but I remember as a youngster thinking Nicole Sciefhiruhfger looked very beardy in one shot in the PCD Buttons video...but couldn't work out why it vanished in every other. Magic/curse of the right/wrong angle and lighting.