Robin Galloway to join Heart SCOTLAND: Official

seiko456seiko456 Posts: 1,442
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://radiotoday.co.uk/2014/10/robin-galloway-to-leave-bauer-for-heart/

Robin Galloway is returning to his old breakfast show on Scotland’s regional FM radio station, replacing Ewen Cameron.

Ewen Cameron took over the show from Robin in 2011 after Robin and his former producer Barrie left following a practical joke which went wrong. Robin challenged Barrie to streak past a studio window where then-Labour leader Ed Miliband was being interviewed.

Robin has most recently been presenting the networked breakfast show across Bauer’s Greatest Hits Network on AM, and before that was on drive at Clyde 1. He was still on-air this morning with Bauer and his moving date is unknown at this point.

Ewen’s co-presenter Cat Harvey is still listed on the Heart Scotland website but Ewen has been removed, suggesting Robin will be re-united with Cat.

Robin’s return to the station isn’t the first time he’s made a comeback. He originally joined the frequency in 1995 when it was Scot FM, but left in 1997. He returned in 2000 and stayed until owners GMG Radio let him go.

Richard Park, group executive director & director of broadcasting at Global told RadioToday: “Robin is one of the top broadcasters in the country. I’m confident he will be very popular with Heart listeners right across Scotland and we’re delighted to have him on board.”

A Heart Scotland spokesperson added: “Ewen Cameron will be leaving Scotland’s Heart Breakfast to pursue other opportunities.”

We’ve asked Bauer for more details on Robin’s replacement on the Greatest Hits Network and will update this story soon.

Posted on Monday, October 20th, 2014 at 3:12 pm by Roy Martin.

Comments

• seiko456seiko456 Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if his pockets have been lined with gold or if his wind ups are coming to come back?
  • radioviewerradioviewer Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What, Heart with humour? It will be Robin going "yeah grrreat, that was 1 Direction on Heart, you're listening to Heart with me Robin Galloway on Heart, next, Phil Collins...... ON HEART!"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What, Heart with humour? It will be Robin going "yeah grrreat, that was 1 Direction on Heart, you're listening to Heart with me Robin Galloway on Heart, next, Phil Collins...... ON HEART!"

Unless Heart has given him gold bars I cant see why he would not join a this crap boat.
  • jackpotjackpotjackpotjackpot Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    I can't contain my excitement. (not!!!)
  • Station IDStation ID Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    This is a huge deal for Global and I'd guess they've got the cheque book out. I wonder if bauer put up a fight and tried to keep him.
  • owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I listen to Robin on Clyde 2 on DAB and his show is decent, in the main due to the good variety of music he plays. Will be a sad loss for Clyde2.

Could Ewen replace Robin?

Why did Ewen leave?
  • Station IDStation ID Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    owl61uk wrote: »
    I listen to Robin on Clyde 2 on DAB and his show is decent, in the main due to the good variety of music he plays. Will be a sad loss for Clyde2.

Why did Ewen leave?

I'd take a guess that Robin became availible so Ewan was paid off.
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    owl61uk wrote: »

I'd take a punt on John Leslie being a front runner for the gig.
  • Steven OliverSteven Oliver Posts: 2,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't surprise me, once Robin lost his Sunday gig (Galloway Sunday) it was only going to be a matter of time before he jumped ship, due to Bauer's insane decision to network Paddy's Sunday Dinner on the Scottish FM stations.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't surprise me, once Robin lost his Sunday gig (Galloway Sunday) it was only going to be a matter of time before he jumped ship, due to Bauer's insane decision to network Paddy's Sunday Dinner on the Scottish FM stations.

When did Robin lose the Sunday slot?
  • DiandalScotlandDiandalScotland Posts: 2,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would be good it Bob Malcolm was offered the breki show on TGH. Or get Gary Marshall back from Your Radio...., Or only joking but " dinky doo " lol.
  • CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seiko456 wrote: »

That's what I was going to ask

I love/d Galloway Sundays (I don't go to the West Coast often enough :()
  • radio tunerradio tuner Posts: 3,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scottie mcclue has to be favourite to get the greatest hits breakfast
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scottie mcclue has to be favourite to get the greatest hits breakfast

There's always one.
  • david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would be good it Bob Malcolm was offered the breki show on TGH. Or get Gary Marshall back from Your Radio...., Or only joking but " dinky doo " lol.

Bob Malcolm would be back on his old slot, though to a much wider audience than he was originally. If he becomes the new GHN breakfast host.
  • radio tunerradio tuner Posts: 3,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seiko456 wrote: »

3 weeks ago when paddy mcgunness was networked to all bauer fm stations
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what I was going to ask

I love/d Galloway Sundays (I don't go to the West Coast often enough :()

Why would that matter? it did go out live on Forth, tay aswell ;-)
  • sonicshadowsonicshadow Posts: 8,385
    Forum Member
    david16 wrote: »
    Bob Malcolm would be back on his old slot, though to a much wider audience than he was originally. If he becomes the new GHN breakfast host.
    I might be bias being from Glasgow, but I maintain Riddy would be good at breakfast again. That said I like what I've heard of Bob Malcolm. Someone like Dougie Jackson would be a good choice also. I think John Leslie is the likely candidate like someone else mentioned though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3 weeks ago when paddy mcgunness was networked to all bauer fm stations

But Paddy McGuinness is not on Westsound FM as it's not a Your Music Your Life station.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He would still be switching even if a network show from Inverness with a Highland based DJ had replaced his Sunday 9 to 12 show.

He is moving to a station that has far more English based networking than there is at the Bauer Scottish stations as things stand right now
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A larger audience and doubtless more money, not really a hard choice to make I'd have thought.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radiogram wrote: »
    A larger audience and doubtless more money, not really a hard choice to make I'd have thought.

His pockets are full of gold, BUT could robin have placed certain conditions to jump ship?
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is he still on Clyde 2, Forth 2 etc
  • leddersledders Posts: 2,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radiogram wrote: »

Well, if you look at it from another way, the likes of heart don't encourage creativity. It is essentially dull jukebox output.

I would have thought he would have more opportunity to use his personality where he is at the moment.

And given the fact that what he is currently doing is a Scotland wide show, would there be much difference on the money side? I doubt it very much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ledders wrote: »
    Well, if you look at it from another way, the likes of heart don't encourage creativity. It is essentially dull jukebox output.

I would have thought he would have more opportunity to use his personality where he is at the moment.

And given the fact that what he is currently doing is a Scotland wide show, would there be much difference on the money side? I doubt it very much.

I've never listened at Breakfast time but don't the jocks have a bit more leeway to do a bit more?

Maybe he has got wind of changes in the future at Bauer, maybe it IS money, maybe feels the AM stations are on the way out, unless he says himself we can only speculate.