EE scores poorly on social media

Zee_BukhariZee_Bukhari Posts: 1,335
Forum Member
✭✭✭
EE is the UK's least favourite mobile network provider, according to feedback on social media sites, while MVNO GiffGaff gets the best remarks

3 UK ranked second in terms of positive comments, followed by Vodafone UK, O2 UK, Talk Mobile, Tesco Mobile and Virgin Mobile.

http://www.telecompaper.com/news/ee-scores-poorly-on-social-media-giffgaff-rated-best--965167

Comments

• jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    EE is the UK's least favourite mobile network provider, according to feedback on social media sites, while MVNO GiffGaff gets the best remarks

3 UK ranked second in terms of positive comments, followed by Vodafone UK, O2 UK, Talk Mobile, Tesco Mobile and Virgin Mobile.

http://www.telecompaper.com/news/ee-scores-poorly-on-social-media-giffgaff-rated-best--965167

Giff Gaff makes sense due to the fact every one of their members gets paid to write good things about the network. Funny how O2 and Tesco are 4th and 6th yet Giff Gaff are first...

Not the best news for EE though, they've lost the plot a bit recently.
  • 14911491 Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    3 is going to be massive.
    They are buying customers as no other provider can match their deals.

People will put up with an iffy reception (who's so important that they need to be contactable 24/7?) and migrate to 3.
  • barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1491 wrote: »
    3 is going to be massive.
    They are buying customers as no other provider can match their deals.

People will put up with an iffy reception (who's so important that they need to be contactable 24/7?) and migrate to 3.

are three good?
  • Zee_BukhariZee_Bukhari Posts: 1,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barcajaden wrote: »
    are three good?

what are you looking for from your mobile network and which area do you live in?
    Forum Member
    barcajaden wrote: »
    are three good?

The reception is far and away the worst of all providers but pricewise? well they're buying into the market with prices that absolutely kill the opposition.
    Maybe no good for David Cameron who needs to be contactable 24/7 but the general public will put up with this minor inconvenience of a low signal to get a lot, lot cheaper tariff.

Their data tariffs are unbelievably cheap.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The reception is far and away the worst of all providers but pricewise? well they're buying into the market with prices that absolutely kill the opposition.
    Maybe no good for David Cameron who needs to be contactable 24/7 but the general public will put up with this minor inconvenience of a low signal to get a lot, lot cheaper tariff.

Low signal? Doesn't Three have 98% 3G coverage?
    Forum Member
    Low signal? Doesn't Three have 98% 3G coverage?

I really have no idea about the technicalities, I only believe what I see.

I have just moved from O2 to 3. I notice that sometimes the signal is low although there's always enough for everything to work i.e phone, data.

But Zee the price differences is substantial. I'm not sure how many minutes I get, I never get near the limit, but I get unlimited data for £35 per month. Again the price difference is massive with other providers.
  • Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They don't have the worst signal of all the providers; look around and you'll see the majority of complaints about signal are aimed at O2 for poor 3G. Three network share via MBNL with EE so both networks have in essence the same levels of 3G coverage.
    Forum Member
    They don't have the worst signal of all the providers; look around and you'll see the majority of complaints about signal are aimed at O2 for poor 3G. Three network share via MBNL with EE so both networks have in essence the same levels of 3G coverage.

Fair play to your knowledge (no idea what MBNLis) I just thought that 3 was the worse signal as from my experience O2 was better.
    My original point was that 3 was going to become a major threat to it's bigger rivals as the packages they offer are far superior.
  • sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really have no idea about the technicalities, I only believe what I see.

I have just moved from O2 to 3. I notice that sometimes the signal is low although there's always enough for everything to work i.e phone, data.

But Zee the price differences is substantial. I'm not sure how many minutes I get, I never get near the limit, but I get unlimited data for £35 per month. Again the price difference is massive with other providers.

hows 02 signal? i was thinking of moving to them. Heard signal is good but internet is awful?
    Forum Member
    sammyvine wrote: »
    hows 02 signal? i was thinking of moving to them. Heard signal is good but internet is awful?

2G signal (Calls/texts) is solid. 3G signal (Calls/texts/internet) isn't great if you live outside a city. It's getting better but it's no where near as good as other networks.
    Forum Member

O2 - the worst customer service possible akin to dealing with the Gestapo after Hitler found out he's one testicle lite.

steer clear.
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    O2 - the worst customer service possible akin to dealing with the Gestapo after Hitler found out he's one testicle lite.

steer clear.

I thought that about o2 but then had to deal with Vodafone so o2 actually went up in my estimations! LOL
    Forum Member

steer clear.

errrr. Is that why they've always had the least complaints according to pretty much every Ofcom customer satisfaction survey? O2 have great customer service compared to other networks. But yeh, they can all be as bad as each other at times.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    2G signal (Calls/texts) is solid. 3G signal (Calls/texts/internet) isn't great if you live outside a city. It's getting better but it's no where near as good as other networks.

so what's the best network then if you live in london

i was thinking 02 because of the refresh thing they are doing, meaning you can buy out your contract when you need a new phone for far cheaper than if you were to try and buy it out on any other network.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

steer clear.

heard three are worst?
    Forum Member
    heard three are worst?

I'm new to them so haven't had the 'pleasure' of dealing with them, saying that it would just about sum up my luck.

As for the Ofcom comment above, I take no notice of them statistics. I have had plenty of issues with Companies but have never complained to a governing body so I tend to make my own judgements from mine and friends experiences.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm new to them so haven't had the 'pleasure' of dealing with them, saying that it would just about sum up my luck.

As for the Ofcom comment above, I take no notice of them statistics. I have had plenty of issues with Companies but have never complained to a governing body so I tend to make my own judgements from mine and friends experiences.

how you finding 3?
    Forum Member
    so what's the best network then if you live in london

i was thinking 02 because of the refresh thing they are doing, meaning you can buy out your contract when you need a new phone for far cheaper than if you were to try and buy it out on any other network.

All networks will be ok in London. And all networks will be crap in London due to the sheer amount of congestion.

I am also quoting my own personal experience whilst backing it up with facts.
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who'd have thought 3 having more positive comments than O2 and Vodafone haha

Giffgaff is obvious when you see things like this in the top trending pastebins http://pastebin.com/RKLXKBZg. People are just spamming it for the money.
  • enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly this clearly shows that while the t-mobile and orange merger has given them highest market share and an amazing set of spectrum. That they have ruined there customer appeal basis. They been concentrating to much recently into upgrading technology and hardly anything into customer service hopefully they fix. It nice to see that three managed to get second place.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I live in London and 3G coverage on O2 is terrible. I have giffgaff as a backup phone and have noticed that.

I agree Three's signal can be poor indoors, but outdoors its the best for 3G a long with EE, but I guess Three's indoor coverage will improve a bit from December!
    Forum Member
    I live in London and 3G coverage on O2 is terrible. I have giffgaff as a backup phone and have noticed that.

Read the first sentence of post 20.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE are useless. I live, quite literally a 2 minute walk away from the EE head offices (Former the T-Mobile head offices) and we have extremely bad EE/Orange signal here. Despite their website claiming to have great signal here, we really don't - they've been using the "there is maintenance going in" excuse for around 4 years now - yet it still hasn't been fixed :rolleyes:

I did go with 3 for 1 day a few years back. When I got home, there was a problem with the device and I was told to call 3 customer services by the store I bought it at, I was then greeted by a man who didn't speak much English at all (although we get these a lot with loads of companies - I mean this man could barely string a sentence together). I was then told to "hold on one moment", he then started yelling something in a different language. There was music blaring down the phone with loads of people yelling - it sounded like they were at a house party or something. So, I took the phone back the next day. Cooling off period<3!

Personally, I like 02. I was with them for around 4 years when I was at school and never had any issues. When I came to uni (where the EE Head offices are), I moved to Orange/T-mobile (it was around the time they started letting customers use each others signal) for around 1 year before I was able to get them to release me from my 2 year contract due to bad signal, I then went to 3 for the experience above before coming back to o2. I've had nothing but good experiences with them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Read the first sentence of post 20.

That isn't really the case. Central London yes, Greater London no.

O2 is terrible in greater London as is vodafone too where as EE and Three work pretty well.