Tottenham Hotspur fans on the forum? (Part 10)

Comments

• kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    With a bit of luck he'll get a goal or two for England and come back to us with his shooting boots firmly back on.
    I hope so. I hope he gets to play.

Alan Hutton has also said he'll be targeting Bale. :( Inevitable but worrying. I'm Welsh but I wish he'd withdraw, too.
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our youngsters went out at the quarter final stage of the NextGen competition last night losing 3-5 to Sporting Lisbon after extra time. Not a bad run though.
  • PeePee Posts: 8,154
    Forum Member
    BAE has pulled out of the Cameroon squad for "family reasons".
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pee wrote: »
    BAE has pulled out of the Cameroon squad for "family reasons".

I read about that. It's strange, as earlier yesterday he tweeted a photo of him on a plane. But apparently he didn't travel? I hope it's nothing serious.
  • Knarf44Knarf44 Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    Our youngsters went out at the quarter final stage of the NextGen competition last night losing 3-5 to Sporting Lisbon after extra time. Not a bad run though.

Don't forget some of our regular Nextgen players are now out on loan so we had to call on the services of some players from the U18s to fill in.

It's also generally acknowledged that Sporting have what many consider the best and strongest youth set up in Europe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Knarf44 wrote: »
    Don't forget some of our regular Nextgen players are now out on loan so we had to call on the services of some players from the U18s to fill in.

It's also generally acknowledged that Sporting have what many consider the best and strongest youth set up in Europe.
    Yes, I was looking at the line-up. We actually played our U18 team with the exception of fullback's Barthram and Stewart. Not bad considering it was 3-3 at end of normal time against (as you say) a Sporting Lisbon team that is acknowledged to have a very strong U21 squad.

Meanwhile Carroll, Adams, Townsend & Rose are all with the England U21 squad and Caulker has been called into the seniors.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris Coleman has said Gareth has a virus, rather than an injury (but hopes he'll still play).
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure I read something in the sun today about the Scotland manager (or someone associated with the team) saying that the only way to stop Bale was to "have his legs", or words to that effect.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, god. I hope he remains unscathed and destroys them.
  • Steve AWOLSteve AWOL Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure I read something in the sun today about the Scotland manager (or someone associated with the team) saying that the only way to stop Bale was to "have his legs", or words to that effect.

I seem to recall reading something like that the other day too...
    Steve AWOL wrote: »
    ...Fingers crossed that Charlie Adam lets Bale breeze past him like last time them met...

Gareth Bale can't run without legs! Scotland told to boot Wales winger | Mail Online
    Former Rangers hard man John Brown has stoked the fire ahead of Scotland's clash with Wales by urging Gordon Strachan's players to kick Gareth Bale.
    Bale ripped Scotland apart in Cardiff last October and looks set to shake off an ankle injury in time for Friday's return at Hampden.
    The Tottenham winger scored twice as the Welshmen won 2-1 and Brown, the Dundee manager, believes roughing him up is the only way to stop him.
    ...Brown added: 'One player in the Wales team won the game that night; cancel him out and the Welsh team are average.
    'I watched the game down there and the difference was Gareth Bale, when you give him time and space to run with the ball and strike it with his strong foot from 30 yards.
    'Scott Brown was taken off, Charlie Adam came on and he never did a job on him.
    'Your midfield, you get them tight, make sure your defence is compact and you make sure you're losing all the space for him.
    'Gordon Strachan will know what he's doing. If he can nullify Bale I think the Welsh team are average.'
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am happy for Bale to dive till his heart's content, if it means avoiding bad tackles from Adam.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    I am happy for Bale to dive till his heart's content, if it means avoiding bad tackles from Adam.
    Hear, hear. And I hope Bale makes a fool of him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ideally you'd want Bale to be belting along the touchline as Adam is coming in for a tackle the suddenly stop so that Adam's momentum carries him forward head-first into the advertising hoardings.

Or something like that .. heh :)
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Ideally you'd want Bale to be belting along the touchline as Adam is coming in for a tackle the suddenly stop so that Adam's momentum carries him forward head-first into the advertising hoardings.

Or something like that .. heh :)

"Momentum"? Have you ever watched Adam play? He doesnt move fast enough for momentum to be an issue!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    "Momentum"? Have you ever watched Adam play? He doesnt move fast enough for momentum to be an issue!!

Heh..i'll give you that :)
  • PeePee Posts: 8,154
    Forum Member
    is Bale injured then?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that about Defoe as well actually. Didn't watch the England game, but I think you sometimes find with strikers that once they stick the ball in the net after a run of bad form, it all comes good again for a while. Heck, it even happened to Torres for a bit, so i'm sure Defoe will be ok :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see Norwich have stolen a march and signed a pre-deal for our 'favourite named' potential striker transfer, Ricky van Wolfswinkel!

Just goes to show that we should be out there now doing end of season deals.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that about Defoe as well actually. Didn't watch the England game, but I think you sometimes find with strikers that once they stick the ball in the net after a run of bad form, it all comes good again for a while. Heck, it even happened to Torres for a bit, so i'm sure Defoe will be ok :)
    I was more worried what it would do to his confidence if Defoe didn't get on the score sheet last night, against a team rock bottom of Fifa world country rankings.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »
    We will see if Ade can add to his Uefa Europa goal in the Cameroon v Togo game today.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We will see if Ade can add to his Uefa Europa goal in the Cameroon v Togo game today.
    Yes, that would be great/

Gylfi seems to be improving markedly.
  • Steve AWOLSteve AWOL Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »

Well at least Clint will be fully acclimatised for the snow that will probably await him on his return!

Apparently Adebayor has gone AWOL :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve AWOL wrote: »
    Apparently Adebayor has gone AWOL :eek:

Again ?

#edit

A cursory google for "Adebayor Awol" confirms the story is all over the place .. :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.