iPhone 5S Blue Screen of Death

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I shouldn't be laughing but I am, probably because I always believed everything Apple was supposed to just work :p I'm always telling Windows users that and some of them just laugh at me. Who's having the last laugh now?
  • swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    seems easy to recreate too so indeed does just work from that perspective
  • clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're taking this desktop class computing just a little too seriously.
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apple are going to sue Microsoft for copying them :mad: :D
    Forum Member
    Yes it seems they have doubled the crash rate on the 5s to properly compete too.
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently it's not a crash per se .. you are just holding it wrong :p
  • finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apple are the new Microsoft on so many levels.
  • Stuart_hStuart_h Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    waiting for calico to join the thread and champion the new iOS feature :p
    Forum Member
    finbaar wrote: »

Why do you say that?
    Forum Member
    Because they have become the very thing they claimed to be rebelling against many moons ago. If they had any soul at any time they have lost that now to become the corporate machine they now are. They have no qualms resorting to illegally activity or ripping off customers when the need arises.
    Forum Member
    I tend to agree. Apple used to play the role of the loveable underdog very well. The small producer fighting against the corporate machines. The 'good guy' against microsoft etc.

I think in recent years they have become what they used to fight against. They are the big company crushing the underdogs with legal threats.

Obvioulsy its the way things go with corporations but I dont think it suits the Apple image of old.

Just my personal opinion obviously.....
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Stuart_h wrote: »

Won't happen! :D
  • tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    Breaking News !!! Paint dries. Apple software has as many bugs as any other software (it's written by humans).
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stuart_h wrote: »
    It's been hard coded into the neutrons of the battery for better performance. :)
    That's some next level shizz :cool:
    Forum Member
    tdenson wrote: »
    Breaking News !!! Paint dries. Apple software has as many bugs as any other software (it's written by humans).

Yep Ive beensuggesting that for a while now. Its no better (or worse) than the competition IMHO.

The fact that its the infamous 'blue screen of death' though is what makes it rather more amusing than most crashes :)
    Forum Member

Apple software has known problems, not bugs :D In the three years I've been using Macs I can't say I've had too many problems with it. Apart from my Macbook Air's power adapter being frayed any problems I've had have been user error. I had that a lot when I first switched to Mac but not so much any more. Whenever I boot into Windows I'm always reminded of the reasons I use OSX as my main OS. Windows is good for games though :p
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    finbaar wrote: »

So who is Microsoft now?
  • zapodzapod Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swordman wrote: »
    Because they have become the very thing they claimed to be rebelling against many moons ago. If they had any soul at any time they have lost that now to become the corporate machine they now are. They have no qualms resorting to illegally activity or ripping off customers when the need arises.

They were rebels in 1979. Corporate ever since.
  • LathamiteLathamite Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An Apple-bashing thread. Normally I wouldn't hang around, but this is really a non-story. iOS will be patched, be surprised if it's not sorted by the end of the month.
    I'm always telling Windows users that and some of them just laugh at me. Who's having the last laugh now?

Still them. Enjoy Windows 8.
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swordman wrote: »

lol, you're hilarious.
  • tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    Apple software has known problems, not bugs :D In the three years I've been using Macs I can't say I've had too many problems with it. Apart from my Macbook Air's power adapter being frayed any problems I've had have been user error. I had that a lot when I first switched to Mac but not so much any more. Whenever I boot into Windows I'm always reminded of the reasons I use OSX as my main OS. Windows is good for games though :p

Oh I actually quite agree. I am responsible in one way or another for system managing about 20 Mac and 10 Windows machines. The Windows machines take a disproportionate amount of support.
    My only point was that if humans write software then bugs will happen. But an O/S that is built on Unix will be intrinsically more stable than the abortion of an edifice that is Windows.
    Forum Member
    You are so predictable :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    lol, you're hilarious.

Umm ok thanks then
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Oh I actually quite agree. I am responsible in one way or another for system managing about 20 Mac and 10 Windows machines. The Windows machines take a disproportionate amount of support.
    My only point was that if humans write software then bugs will happen. But an O/S that is built on Unix will be intrinsically more stable than the abortion of an edifice that is Windows.

Oh don't talk such utter nonsense.

In one of my old jobs i looked after many macs and many windows machines. Oddly enough any issues that arose were about equal between the 2 platforms.

If yours do, then im afraid thats probably down to you.
  • finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan1302 wrote: »
    So who is Microsoft now?

Apple! I thought I said that.