Catherine Zeta Jones - ''I'm sick of talking about my bi-polar''

Comments

• AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know what she's on about.
    I didn't even know that she was bipolar let alone think that everyone had been asking her about it.

If she doesn't want to talk about it, then just don't.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Correction - she was in a mental facility for five days. :rolleyes:
    You can't treat true bi-polar in five days. Ask anyone who suffers with it.

http://uk.eonline.com/news/236245/catherine-zeta-jones-checked-herself-into-mental-hospital-for-treatment-of-bipolar-disorder
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't talk about it then.

Everybody has bipolar these days, of course.
  • hopeless casehopeless case Posts: 5,245
    Forum Member
    She says she didn't bring it into the public domain in the first place, and in the interview she certainly doesn't mention it first. She is asked, to which she replies she is sick of talking about it.
  • Wynne EvansWynne Evans Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What the hell has she done with her face? i like her but she needs to STFU.

She is not bi-polar
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    She says she didn't bring it into the public domain in the first place, and in the interview she certainly doesn't mention it first. She is asked, to which she replies she is sick of talking about it.

Basically she went into rehab for a tiny amount of time came out saying was bi-polar & she wanted to raise awareness etc. Now she doesn't want to talk about it, maybe she feels she's raised enough awareness now:rolleyes:
    Personally I think if she was going to become bored of talking about it then she should never have mentioned it to the media in the first place. I also think bi-polar & exhaustion are reasons often given to cover other things
    Forum Member
    What the hell has she done with her face? i like her but she needs to STFU.

She is not bi-polar

controversial, I agree with BIB. She has obviously got bored talking about it and raising awareness, great campaign I don't think:rolleyes:
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    She didn't want the fact out, that she was bi-polar, but her going to rehab was leaked, and she kind of had to come out with it. It is kind of sad, that celebs cannot seek medical help without public knowing about it. Also, her being in rehab only 5 days does not mean she isn't bi-polar.

I get, that she doesn't want to be the spokesperson for bi-polar, just because she has it. And of course she gets asked about it in interviews, so she is answering, that she doesn't want to talk about it.

She has been through a lot, I just don't get the hate for her, and I don't get the "STFU, you're no bi-polar from people who don't even know her.
    Forum Member
    She didn't want the fact out, that she was bi-polar, but her going to rehab was leaked, and she kind of had to come out with it. It is kind of sad, that celebs cannot seek medical help without public knowing about it. Also, her being in rehab only 5 days does not mean she isn't bi-polar.

I get, that she doesn't want to be the spokesperson for bi-polar, just because she has it. And of course she gets asked about it in interviews, so she is answering, that she doesn't want to talk about it.

She has been through a lot, I just don't get the hate for her, and I don't get the "STFU, you're no bi-polar from people who don't even know her.

I don't know the lady so no idea what she's like but 5 days in rehab & she's bipolar. Speaks out about it as wants awareness raised but a year or so later doesn't want to talk about it. What message does that send out? No one famous ever goes into rehab to be treated for drugs (unless prescription ones of course) or exhaustion etc :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    whatever54 wrote: »
    I don't know the lady so no idea what she's like but 5 days in rehab & she's bipolar. Speaks out about it as wants awareness raised but a year or so later doesn't want to talk about it. What message does that send out? No one famous ever goes into rehab to be treated for drugs (unless prescription ones of course) or exhaustion etc :rolleyes:

Well, maybe after one year and hundreds of questions later she isn't ready/willing to talk about it so much. It is a heavy task to carry on, and she has had really tough times in her life. It should be up to her, and she shouldn't be criticized for not wanting to carry on the task any longer.

Also, even though her stint in rehab was only 5 days, it doesn't mean she stopped with the treatment. Maybe she had intended to be longer in rehab, but her stay there had leaked out by other patients, so her plan changed. Kind of sad, really.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she's famous, she should be working to promote awareness of it and make it less of a stigma. It's people like her that actually make it into one.

And no, bi-polar can't be cured in five days. She's probably sick of talking about it because she never had it in the first place.
    Forum Member
    If she's famous, she should be working to promote awareness of it and make it less of a stigma. It's people like her that actually make it into one.

And no, bi-polar can't be cured in five days. She's probably sick of talking about it because she never had it in the first place.

:D:D I wasn't brave enough to say this but exactly, bipolar my arse:D Hollywood excess more likely IMO
    Forum Member

It's not her responsibility to bring awareness to bi-polar, even though she is famous. What makes her more responsible than any other bi-polar out there? Just because she is famous doesn't make it her responsibility.

And no one is claiming she was cured in 5 days, bi-polar cannot be cured, right? She is receiving treatment elsewhere, or do all bi-polar patients end in rehab for months to no end?
  • jack pattersonjack patterson Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crossing the Arctic and Antarctic is obviously a serious challenge and good luck to her for trying it.
    Forum Member
    It's not her responsibility to bring awareness to bi-polar, even though she is famous. What makes her more responsible than any other bi-polar out there? Just because she is famous doesn't make it her responsibility.

And no one is claiming she was cured in 5 days, bi-polar cannot be cured, right? She is receiving treatment elsewhere, or do all bi-polar patients end in rehab for months to no end?

true but when first got in the papers she wanted to speak out & raise awareness, so what happened :confused:Was a good story at the time and she got bored talking about it:rolleyes:
  • xflarexflare Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D I wasn't brave enough to say this but exactly, bipolar my arse:D Hollywood excess more likely IMO

Isn't Bi-Polar the only mental disorder celebrities tend to develop?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Did I say it was solely her responsibility? Mental health has a terrible stigma. Try telling people around you about your plain old depression and they think you're someone who needs a straitjacket and a trip to the funny farm. I speak as someone who has a relative who suffers badly from clinical depression, and believe me, it's horrible .

Celebs campaign for all kinds of other illnesses - cancer, Alzheimers - to promote awareness and the more celebs who come forward the better understanding of mental illness there'll be. It sounds to me as though she had a bit of a breakdown, and got bored with talking about it.

Can I just draw people's attention to this? You may not like the paper's proprietor, but it's just won a Mind Media Award.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/360510/Crusade-for-better-mental-health-Sunday-Express-wins-top-award-from-Mind
    Forum Member
    true but when first got in the papers she wanted to speak out & raise awareness, so what happened :confused:Was a good story at the time and she got bored talking about it:rolleyes:

She has changed her mind? It's really simple. Tired of endless questions, especially after quite low points in her life? She wants concentrate on the positive instead? Reading the interview, it actually makes lot of sense.

Also, the woman has gone through a lot, and I made the mistake of reading DM comments about her, how horrible can people really be?
    Forum Member
    Did I say it was solely her responsibility? Mental health has a terrible stigma. Try telling people around you about your plain old depression and they think you're someone who needs a straitjacket and a trip to the funny farm. I speak as someone who has a relative who suffers badly from clinical depression, and believe me, it's horrible .

Celebs campaign for all kinds of other illnesses - cancer, Alzheimers - to promote awareness and the more celebs who come forward the better understanding of mental illness there'll be. It sounds to me as though she had a bit of a breakdown, and got bored with talking about it.

Can I just draw people's attention to this? You may not like the paper's proprietor, but it's just won a Mind Media Award.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/360510/Crusade-for-better-mental-health-Sunday-Express-wins-top-award-from-Mind

You actually did say that she should raise awareness to the illness. What if she doesn't have the means or energy, the tools within herself to do this? Shouldn't it be up to her to decide?

She actually came out, admitted having this illness, and the comments on here and other sites have been horrible. Comments like "Did her face lift go horribly wrong and she got depressed, that's the new celebrity bi-polar" Are helping no one. Doubting someone who admits to having it is helping no one. Joking about it helps no one.

It's not celebs like her, who come out admitting having the illness that are the problem, it is the people making light out of it, or doubting her just because she is a celeb.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has changed her mind? It's really simple. Tired of endless questions, especially after quite low points in her life? She wants concentrate on the positive instead? Reading the interview, it actually makes lot of sense.

Also, the woman has gone through a lot, and I made the mistake of reading DM comments about her, how horrible can people really be?

How has she gone through 'a lot'? Think about that poor nurse at the King Edward VII hospital who's just committed suicide because of this stupid prank performed by a pair of morons. What hell was she going through?

CZJ had a husband who had cancer, who had access to treatment most of us can only dream of, and who was cured. Yes, that puts a strain on people, but compared to most people with problems, hers were a drop in a bucket. Perhaps if she was a little less selfish and did some active campaigning to help others with mental health problems, she wouldn't get 'bored'.
    Forum Member
    How has she gone through 'a lot'? Think about that poor nurse at the King Edward VII hospital who's just committed suicide because of this stupid prank performed by a pair of morons. What hell was she going through?

CZJ had a husband who had cancer, who had access to treatment most of us can only dream of, and who was cured. Yes, that puts a strain on people, but compared to most people with problems, hers were a drop in a bucket. Perhaps if she was a little less selfish and did some active campaigning to help others with mental health problems, she wouldn't get 'bored'.

OMG, so now her husband having cancer is is just drop in a bucket. Unbelievable! For 99% of people partner having cancer is a life changing, horrible, tragic thing, but I guess just because they had the best doctors it makes it just a "strain". If you don't think her husband having cancer is going through a lot, then I have really no words. Some sympathy and empathy goes long way.

Also, she did a lot of talking about bi-polar, active campaigning, but this can be ignored in the celeb hate campaign.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG, so now her husband having cancer is is just drop in a bucket. Unbelievable! For 99% of people partner having cancer is a life changing, horrible, tragic thing, but I guess just because they had the best doctors it makes it just a "strain". If you don't think her husband having cancer is going through a lot, then I have really no words. Some sympathy and empathy goes long way.

Also, she did a lot of talking about bi-polar, active campaigning, but this can be ignored in the celeb hate campaign.

My mother had cancer which killed her. At the time she was dying, my dad had Alzheimers' went into a home because my mum couldn't cope.He then died from a burst ulcer and total organ failure, and my mum took to her bed the day after his funeral, and died four months later.

I expect my problems then were a drop in a bucket compared to people who are going through chemo or dialysis every week to keep them alive. It's all relative.
    Forum Member
    My mother had cancer which killed her. At the time she was dying, my dad had Alzheimers' went into a home because my mum couldn't cope.He then died from a burst ulcer and total organ failure, and my mum took to her bed the day after his funeral, and died four months later.

I expect my problems then were a drop in a bucket compared to people who are going through chemo or dialysis every week to keep them alive. It's all relative.

And people in some countries starve to death. That doesn't mean that people with other problems aren't going through a lot as well. It doesn't take anything from us to be empathetic, it actually takes more effort to think of snarky, meanspirited comments about other people's tragic problems.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And people in some countries starve to death. That doesn't mean that people with other problems aren't going through a lot as well. It doesn't take anything from us to be empathetic, it actually takes more effort to think of snarky, meanspirited comments about other people's tragic problems.

BiB :D

We aren't talking about starving people, we're talking about an immensely privileged woman who claims to have had bi-polar when she had a bit of a wobble in her life.

As it doesn't seem to be getting though to you, I'll bid you adieu. :)
    Forum Member
    BiB :D

We aren't talking about starving people, we're talking about an immensely privileged woman who claims to have had bi-polar when she had a bit of a wobble in her life.

As it doesn't seem to be getting though to you, I'll bid you adieu. :)

We weren't talking about the poor nurse who directed the phone call, but you brought her up before.

There is nothing to get through to me, I have enough empathy in me to feel bad for CZJ without having to doubt or belittle her illness, when I have no reason to doubt her.

Have a nice day, then. :)