Options

TeamRock

Comments

• Options
    mfrmfr Posts: 5,625
    Forum Member
    I'd like to put in an appeal for a 24k AAC stream for those of us who want to listen via mobile phones but are 3G deprived... :)
  • Options
    vinnielovinnielo Posts: 8,359
    Forum Member
    You can squeeze through a 48k stream if your local cell isn't congested.
    www.radiofeeds.co.uk/android/exact.asp?search=TeamRock%20Radio
  • Options
    plattyplatty Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm streaming this through the radioplayer app on my ipad via AirPlay to my Zeppelin Air , and it sounds ****ing awesome , no sound drop outs this morning ...... Love this station :D
  • Options
    PhilHPhilH Posts: 2,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they don't mess with the processing too much. To my ears the online stream (via the Radioplayer app) sounds great.
  • Options
    ErwinErwin Posts: 2,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PhilH wrote: »
    I hope they don't mess with the processing too much. To my ears the online stream (via the Radioplayer app) sounds great.

Don't think so... They don't come from London at the moment. They building the studio's over there. This stream comes from Hull. So I guess that they gonna use other processing when they moved to London. Sounds like Breakaway processing or something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    B.t.w. still drop outs. Mostly when a track starts after a station ID. So I think this is a playout software issue.
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    TeamRock just pirated Nicky Horne away from Planet Rock:
    http://radiotoday.co.uk/2013/04/teamrock-hires-planet-rocks-nicky-horne/

Hopefully Nicky can take Planet Rocks supply of Joe Bonamassa CDs with him.
  • Options
    CharlieCharlie Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wns_195 wrote: »
    I'm surprised there isn't even a basic website, but maybe websites are less necessary at this stage of a radio station's life because of social networks.

They must have read your post. :)

http://www.teamrockradio.com/
  • Options
    wns_195wns_195 Posts: 13,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So musically, how is Team Rock different from Rock Radio or Planet Rock? Today I have tuned into those stations at different times and the sort of music they are playing seems to be the same as Team Rock.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Teamrock is too heavy metal driven at the moment. I hear no other rockstyles. I can't listen to heavy metal for hours, so more variety is important for keep listeners.
  • Options
    kevkev Posts: 21,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Team Rock sounds a bit like a softer version of Kerrang! (no bad thing) where as Planet Rock tends to be full of older stuff. The tests are a good mix of music and are making up for the lack of Kerrang! here :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess this is not there final format, because in there press release they mentioned about a station with a broad variety of rock music and styles, from The Beatles to Sepultura and back.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    Not bad so far in the little I've heard, however some bands and songs not to my liking.

Most of my listening is in the car, so I will probably be flicking between PR, TS and Teamrock.
  • Options
    Mr RadioMr Radio Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have three DAB's and one wont find it after endless rescans, the other ones will?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Radio wrote: »
    I have three DAB's and one wont find it after endless rescans, the other ones will?

I wonder if the receiver has hit the maximum number of services it can store?

What make/model is it?
  • Options
    Mr RadioMr Radio Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a bush only had it six months the ones that have found it are Argos and asda own brands
  • Options
    Alan ThewAlan Thew Posts: 857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Worth trying a full reset, which will purge any defunct stations that might still be taking up memory. A simple rescan usually just adds any new streams it finds, but doesn't clear out the old ones. A full reset usually involves finding an option in the menus, holding down the select or info button, or something along those lines, depending on the model.
  • Options
    FM_BanditFM_Bandit Posts: 2,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Radio wrote: »

There's been quite a bit of this reported anecdotally. Not heard of issues like this before. Has D1 hit some sort of maximum shit quality service threshold? How many average punters are going to know/be willing to perform factory resets to pick up TeamRock and future new services?

Never had this problem on FM. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FM_Bandit wrote: »
    Never had this problem on FM. :rolleyes:

I have - BBC Radio Lancashire broadcast on 103.9 , couldn't tune that high. Ditto Century 105, 100.4 JFM, Central Radio, and Preston FM....
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    wns_195 wrote: »
    So musically, how is Team Rock different from Rock Radio or Planet Rock? Today I have tuned into those stations at different times and the sort of music they are playing seems to be the same as Team Rock.

I tuned in Sunday morning, around 8:30am.
    I heard a power metal band (Dragonforce) and then some very shouty, growly thrash thing. That's not my cup of tea, so I retuned to Planet Rock.
  • Options
    Tc7Tc7 Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    I tuned in Sunday morning, around 8:30am.
    I heard a power metal band (Dragonforce) and then some very shouty, growly thrash thing. That's not my cup of tea, so I retuned to Planet Rock.

Can I make a guess...
    'Owner of a lonely heart' was being played?:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion when TeamRock is playing too loud music in daytime hours the listeners run away. So I'm curious what they gonna play. At the moment it's too heavy sometimes, but when they play songs less louder than heavy metal it reminds me more of a second Planet Rock or Real XS station, so more of the same.
  • Options
    Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Erwin wrote: »
    In my opinion when TeamRock is playing too loud music in daytime hours the listeners run away. So I'm curious what they gonna play. At the moment it's too heavy sometimes, but when they play songs less louder than heavy metal it reminds me more of a second Planet Rock or Real XS station, so more of the same.

So no matter what they do they can't win, then.

Play heave metal and it's "too loud", play something softer and it's like Planet Rock. :confused:
  • Options
    scooby1970scooby1970 Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really enjoying TeamRock at the moment. I like it's mix of songs, and when I feel like something different to the usual pop-focused stations I listen to, it really satisfies my need for rock'n'roll.

I can see myself tuning into this station on quite a regular basis. Just hope they don't mess with the formula too much.

:) Mark
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So no matter what they do they can't win, then.

Play heave metal and it's "too loud", play something softer and it's like Planet Rock. :confused:

No, but this station must be different from the rest to make any sense. I thought they gonna play tracks from The Beatles to Sepultura and back, so a broad mix of different styles of rock. It's unilateral at the moment and too heavy in daytime hours and for listening longer than an hour.