How does someone as dull, insipid and dreary...

Green_StampGreen_Stamp Posts: 507
Forum Member
✭✭
...as Ed Sheeran make it in the music industry?

I've just listened to "Plus", for all my sins, and it's possibly the most horrid, boring dross I've endured since The Twang's 2007 debut "Love It When I Feel Like This".

Another James Blunt-type that'll be forgotten in a couple of years time.

Comments

• Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I thought this was about Rita Ora.
  • crazymonkcrazymonk Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree he is awful from what I've heard, his perfect for Taylor Swift.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She's awful too tbh. :p
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D:D
  • ShizukuShizuku Posts: 2,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess because everyone doesn't find him dull, insipid and dreary. I love his voice, his lyrics and his musical arrangements. As a beginner guitarist myself I also admire his skills and he is an inspiration to me, and he is also faultless live.

A couple of years hey? He'd already been doing well as a indie artist for years before he got signed, which was itself a couple of year ago... so he's been enjoying repeated success for more than a few years already, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for him to be forgotten :)
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    fair dues.... his debut album is good not great ... but great in places.... and his previous eps were great .... maybe you just dont like him?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well of course he doesn't like him, that's why he's made a topic I guess...:D
  • Green_StampGreen_Stamp Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fair dues.... his debut album is good not great ... but great in places.... and his previous eps were great .... maybe you just dont like him?

I don't like his music. Excellent observation.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was so ready to kick off if this was about Lana :cool:
  • x+yx+y Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was thinking Bruno Mars:p
  • CloudbusterCloudbuster Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I first saw him I thought "Gee, another singer songwriter with a guitar"

His music is bland to the nth degree

PS Rita Ora is dire too
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind him, I don't like his style or his music but he doesn't bother me, I only put energy into artists I do like.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I can't stand him. I don't see the appeal of him at all. He is boring as hell. Who the hell listens to that kind of music?
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hype

;)
  • JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

lol !:D:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Yay I was right in thinking this would be Ed Sheeran!

And I'm not alone! Woo!
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see the hype but i can see why people like him. It's like Dido nice inoffensive person with a few decent tunes that crosses over to your littler sister and granny alike (okay well not your Granny but middle aged aunt :p). Also his backstory of sort of busker/sofa surfer born trier struck a chord like Adele's Cockney Geezer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'm hard pressed to think of who is more dire, the dreary ed sheeran or the lifeless rita ora. off with both their heads.
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    ...as Ed Sheeran make it in the music industry?

I've just listened to "Plus", for all my sins, and it's possibly the most horrid, boring dross I've endured since The Twang's 2007 debut "Love It When I Feel Like This".

Another James Blunt-type that'll be forgotten in a couple of years time.

Most people in this country seem to prefer 'dull, insipid & dreary' these days, for some unfathomable reason.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'm hard pressed to think of who is more dire, the dreary ed sheeran or the lifeless rita ora. off with both their heads.

Emeli Sande lovely woman but Clown is on par with some of Ed's most dreary balladry :o
  • kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's one of the dullest singer-songwriters there's been in years, which makes him perfect fodder for middle-of-the-road music fans who think that because he stands on his own and sings with a guitar and writes his own songs, he's automatically super-'talented', and they think that liking him makes them credible/alternative music fans.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought this would be about Adele. I'm disappointed.
  • Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit harsh comparing him to James blunt?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually much prefer James Blunt to Ed, that's when you know you are dull. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crazymonk wrote: »
    I actually much prefer James Blunt to Ed, that's when you know you are dull. :D

Well that's me officially dull then:p