Old HTC Desire vs budget android payg?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have one of the old original HTC Desire and have another 6 months on it before I can upgrade.

I am considering another 'phone to take with me on extended holiday and leaving mine behind.

At most it would be something like the G300 which I've heard good things about.

It would need to have sat nav and decent pics/camera.

Or should I just get mine unlocked and use that with a local sim.

Comments

• Air ResistanceAir Resistance Posts: 5,145
    Forum Member
    I had an original htc desire and by the end it was awful, massive internal memory problems, average camera, terrible battery, very slow rendering it almost completely unusable.

not sure about other android devices, but I'd highly recommend atleast going for a play with a Windows 8 phone, if your looking for mid range bargins then htc windows phone 8s or Nokia lumia 620 are both crackers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had an original htc desire and by the end it was awful, massive internal memory problems, average camera, terrible battery, very slow rendering it almost completely unusable.

not sure about other android devices, but I'd highly recommend atleast going for a play with a Windows 8 phone, if your looking for mid range bargins then htc windows phone 8s or Nokia lumia 620 are both crackers.

I'm still quite happy with the Desire but I'm a light user.

The memory issue was an issue when I first got it as I couldn't load up that many apps but once I settled on only what I needed it has been fine. But yeah a phone that you can't put many apps on isn't designed very well.

Mine is still quite speedy and I love the sat nav on it. Battery wasn't that great at first but I've tweaked it to where I can get a few days out of it (which is more than enough for me).

Thanks for the recommendations. I will do some reading on those as it does seem 'phones are moving along at such a rate.