New Doctor Who Fan (Part 3)

1177178179180181183»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just can't vote for any of those worst, I just can't, I love them all!

There are only two I'm not bothered about but I wouldn't say I disliked them, the other ones I really quite like.

I think it's because most of them are about the Doctor and Rose and as I liked them together I like the quotes whereas if you weren't keen on that aspect I can see why you wouldn't like them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,666
    Forum Member
    Webslark wrote: »
    Afternoon Whoonies

Results of the Fave Doctor are in, with the top ten illustrated :D

1 D 4 71
    2 J 10 63
    3 I 9 56
    4 B 2 46
    5 C 3 46
    6 E 5 31
    7 G 7 22
    8 M Dr Harry Sullivan 18
    9 A 1 14
    10= F 6 13
    10= H 8 13
    10= N Dr Jackson Lake 13
    13 O Dr Owen Harper 9
    14 L Peter Cushing 7
    15 R Dr Constantine 7
    16 P Dr Martha Jones 3
    17 S Rowan Atkinson 2
    18 X Dr Toshiko Sato 2
    19 K 11 1

I like those results :D Well done for Two and Nine. I'm a bit surprised that 4 got the top spot, I thought that Ten would be the more consensual one. I'm surprised but I definitely don't complain !

oh, and E -- WORST??! WHAT DO YOU MEAN WORST! :mad:

Davros rants never go out of fashion! :D

Oh, I'm the guilty one for submitting that quote ! I really hate it, but I also know that I'll probably be the only one to vote for it :D
  • dgembadgembadgembadgemba Posts: 18,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Solamenn wrote: »
    I like those results :D Well done for Two and Nine. I'm a bit surprised that 4 got the top spot, I thought that Ten would be the more consensual one. I'm surprised but I definitely don't complain !

Oh, I'm the guilty one for submitting that quote ! I really hate it, but I also know that I'll probably be the only one to vote for it :D

I forgot to vote again. If i had 10 would have claimed top spot and two would have been level with 9
  • dazzlingdawndazzlingdawn Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot to vote again. If i had 10 would have claimed top spot and two would have been level with 9

Yep, I forgot too, so that would have been another vote for Ten!
  • dgembadgembadgembadgemba Posts: 18,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, I forgot too, so that would have been another vote for Ten!

hehe i would have put 2 top....and then 7.
  • trollfacetrollface Posts: 13,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi all. Been very busy (and will be this coming weekend), so quickly catching up while I can. Glad to see that Delgado's Master was a hit.
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    see the way i look at it is that all of the different Master's bring something to the party. I will always have a soft spot for Ainley's Master myself, I like a nice old moustache twirling villain! And to me Simm's Master is like the yang to Tennants Yin, so it works well. And the brief glimpse we see of Jacobs Master is more in line with Nine, if that makes sense. However I think Delgado is probably the fan boys and girls favorite in the role. He is very smooth.

I agree with this completely. I also like Eric Roberts' Master. The only Master I'm not keen on is Geoffrey Beevers' in "The Keeper Of Traken".

What's interesting to note about the contrast between Delgado and Ainley's Masters is how much more unhinged Ainley's is. Delgado is evil, but he's quite rational and doesn't seem to actually want to destroy any planets. When things go wrong he'll help the Doctor to fix it again. Ainley starts off by helping the Doctor to fix things in "Logopolis" but can't resist trying to kill the Doctor and to hold the universe to ransom. And the thing is, you believe that Ainley would destroy the universe if he didn't get his own way. You wouldn't believe that of Delgado.

Now...don't mention the Myrka....
    see the way i look at it is that all of the different Master's bring something to the party. I will always have a soft spot for Ainley's Master myself, I like a nice old moustache twirling villain! And to me Simm's Master is like the yang to Tennants Yin, so it works well. And the brief glimpse we see of Jacobs Master is more in line with Nine, if that makes sense. However I think Delgado is probably the fan boys and girls favorite in the role. He is very smooth.

Yep, i think you get a sense of resonance here, which works very well.

Jo is a sweetheart, very sweet and kind in nature, even if she lacks the intellect of Liz or the guts of Sarah Jane. Her vulnerability is very appealing to me.

No you aren't alone. It has been mentioned, though whether there is any substance to it I don't know...i think personally they have based the design on them as a nod to the past rather than it being a direct link, if that makes sense.
    The worst element of it for me is the characterisation of the Doctor. The fifth Doctor is defined by his honesty[...]

Do you think? I'm not sure that's true. There are any number of examples of the 5th Doctor using subterfuge.

Anyway, I can't say that "Warriors Of The Deep" is a good story, but I certainly don't hate it. It certainly could have benefited from not being made under the extreme time constraints that it was (the Myrka could have been effective given the right lighting, for example).

One thing that I've not seen anyone pick up on (and if they have and I've missed it, then I'm sorry), but that's how reckless the Doctor is in this story. It's as Moffat described him in the "11th Doctor" Confidential, he's the first Doctor who wasn't so much eccentric and reckless. He's trying to avoid the guards, so he sets the base's nuclear reactor to explode as a distraction, reasoning that they'll be able to put it right in time. That's incredibly reckless. You couldn't imagine an earlier Doctor doing that, or a modern one. It's an interesting dimension to his character.
This discussion has been closed.