Virgin VIP Tariff

old bill2old bill2 Posts: 689
Forum Member
✭✭
I know the Virgin VIP tariff gives you unlimited calls to 0800, 0808, 0845 and 0870 numbers. Yesterday I had to make a couple of calls to some 0871 and 0844 numbers. I checked this morning to find out how much it had cost. Only to find there was no charge and had come out of my allowance. Hope this is useful to anyone on the VIP tariff.

Comments

• jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Its a good tariff. Worth bearing on mind thar free 08 numbers is only on the 24m + handset contract and not on the £15pm VIP Sim Only
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    Its a good tariff. Worth bearing on mind thar free 08 numbers is only on the 24m + handset contract and not on the £15pm VIP Sim Only

I recently managed to haggle my VIP down to £10 a month on the 30 day sim option, so i'm going to leave it until next year now to see if i can haggle the 08 numbers in as an add-on.

can't see it happening to be honest, but certainly worth a punt :)
  • Zee_BukhariZee_Bukhari Posts: 1,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    apps like BT SmartTalk are useful for 0800 and other free calls and if your landline package allows free 0870/0845 etc numbers...
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    WeQ4U is my favourite app for this sort of thing. OK, in the way it allocates a geographic number for an 08 number it's probably not unique but the fact that you can suspend the call (so no cost to your allowance) whilst on hold and they then ring you back when someone answers is the massive USP.