The Official X Factor Australia 2013 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    marianner wrote: »
    Thats very true. Sammi knocked everyone out with Heartless and doing a perfect dance track added points to her.

You cant even really count out 3D yet. Just look at their sing offs.

Yeah,seen instagram clips of Sammi. Sounding good on the telethon.

Good post.:) Yes, maybe I shouldn't count out Third Degree yet. We need to see them perform first, which isn't long now.:) There could be a shock exit like Jai:D
  • steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats very true. Sammi knocked everyone out with Heartless and doing a perfect dance track added points to her.

You cant even really count out 3D yet. Just look at their sing offs.

Yeah,seen instagram clips of Sammi. Sounding good on the telethon.

In all Honesty i think its like last week. Where you knew Jiordan & Third Degree were going to be B2 & Jiordan was going. Id be amazed if Third Degree survivr if its solely Votes & no judges vote
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    earldbest wrote: »
    THIRD D3GREE will get Nicki Minaj and Pitbull
    Dami will get Cyndi and Whitney
    Taylor will get Jason Mraz and Phil Collins
    Jai will get Taio and Miley

This is correct if you swap Jason Mraz and Miley Cyrus. This means I have to watch two teenybopper favourites sing that Jason Mraz song whoopee :D

The running order is:

3D: Give Me Everything
    Dami: Saving All My Love For You
    Jai: I Won't Give Up
    Taylor: Against All Odds
    Jai: Dynamite
    3D: Pound the Alarm
    Taylor: Wrecking Ball (this sounds like fun; I wonder if there will be an actual ball on stage)
    Dami: Girls Just Want to Have Fun
  • jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it turns out that you DON'T have to do one up tempo and one slow song this week.

3D did perform 2 uptempo as I expected and thank goodness Dami did two ballads.

My personal take:
    3D did OK but the problem is that they really are samey each week, there is no real surprise with the song choices.
    Both Songs : 6/10

Jai: the Jason Mraz is a good song choice but the stuff-up, oh dear. I am sick of the judges making excuses for him being only 14, I think everyone should be judged on the same scale, ie. you can't be more lenient to him because he is 14, otherwise it is no longer a level playing field. Or restrict the age limit to 16 or something.
    First Song: 4/10
    Second Song: 6/10

Taylor: Against All Odds was terrible. It was pitchy and as Foo said, "all over the place".
    Girls Just Wanna HAve Fun done in Mumford and Sons way is simply self-indulgent in my opinion.
    First Song: 5/10
    Second Song: 7/10

Dami: Bad Whitney song choice to start with, but ended with a high smashing Wrecking Ball.
    First Song: 7/10
    Second Song: 9/10
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved Taylors version of GJWHF!
    So different and his vocals were great.

Jai is just cute now, Taylor had a shaky first song.
    3Ds first was soso but the last with Nicki Minaj was their best ever performance.

Damis first was soft and beautiful,havent heard her last yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So it turns out that you DON'T have to do one up tempo and one slow song this week.

3D did perform 2 uptempo as I expected and thank goodness Dami did two ballads.

My personal take:
    3D did OK but the problem is that they really are samey each week, there is no real surprise with the song choices.
    Both Songs : 6/10

Jai: the Jason Mraz is a good song choice but the stuff-up, oh dear. I am sick of the judges making excuses for him being only 14, I think everyone should be judged on the same scale, ie. you can't be more lenient to him because he is 14, otherwise it is no longer a level playing field. Or restrict the age limit to 16 or something.
    First Song: 4/10
    Second Song: 6/10

Taylor: Against All Odds was terrible. It was pitchy and as Foo said, "all over the place".
    Girls Just Wanna HAve Fun done in Mumford and Sons way is simply self-indulgent in my opinion.
    First Song: 5/10
    Second Song: 7/10

Dami: Bad Whitney song choice to start with, but ended with a high smashing Wrecking Ball.
    First Song: 7/10
    Second Song: 9/10
    Yeah I was surprised by Third Degree getting two up tempos and Dami getting two ballads, but then again, none of the ballads would have suited Third Degree so I guess I should have seen it coming.

Dami was easily the best tonight, although I think there are far better Whitney songs that Dannii could have given her. It sound like this was something Dami really wanted to sing though. She slayed Wrecking Ball. Saying thy she believed her Whitney performance to be one of her better ones might not have done her any favours though...

Both of Third Degree's performances were highly entertaining, but the first one was better vocally by far. I'd like to see them make it to the final at the expense of Taylor, but I doubt that it will happen.

Aside from the stuff up and a little hiccup near the start, Jai din sound too bad on I Won't Give Up. It was completely boring, but I didn't hate it. The excuses from the judges were cringe worthy though, and the fact that he was nearly in tears for the rest of the night shows that he isn't ready for this.

Taylor s****d me up the wall tonight! He was either sharp or flat (though obviously not both a the same time) throughout Against All Odds and his attitude all night bothered me! The Gils Just Wanna Have Fun performance was terrible so.

After tonight, I'd like to see Taylor eliminated but I think it may be Third Degree.
    However, I was gonna vote quite a few times for Dami this week but I never got my thank you message after i sent a text. I'm not gonna waste my money on any more votes if I don't get confirmation that my first vote was counted!!!:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The problem when you just take the same arrangement of a song is that you will be compared to the original.

Damis last was the same as Miley but
    Mileys voice is stronger than hers. Same with whitney.

No one delivered a Sammi heartless smash though tonite!
  • hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After tonights performances I think Taylor will definitely be in the bottom 2 but I hope he doesnt go because for me he has to be this years winner.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The problem when you just take the same arrangement of a song is that you will be compared to the original.

Damis last was the same as Miley but
    Mileys voice is stronger than hers. Same with whitney.

No one delivered a Sammi heartless smash though tonite!

Um, I wouldn't say that Miley has a stronger voice than Dami, but you're right about Whitney, obviously.

No one brought anything like SLAYMANTHA JADE'S version of Heartless, but to be fair, Sammi's version isn't the first reworking of that song ever done, no even on a singing show.
    Sammi's wasn't like ny of the other versions that have been done and it was a real moment anyway, however. I wasn't really expecting anyone to come out and slay like she did that night, so I don feel disappointed because of that.
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit early, but so far, Taylor and Dami have one each (from this week) on iTunes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved Taylors version of GJWHF!
    So different and his vocals were great.

Jai is just cute now, Taylor had a shaky first song.
    3Ds first was soso but the last with Nicki Minaj was their best ever performance.

Damis first was soft and beautiful,havent heard her last yet.

It wasn't "Taylor's version", It was the producer's version. Clearly he hated it himself and Dannii hinted something's going on backstage between him and his team, mentor etc.

Personally though I think it is self indulgent and some classics should not be meddled with and this is one of those.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wasn't "Taylor's version", It was the producer's version. Clearly he hated it himself and Dannii hinted something's going on backstage between him and his team, mentor etc.

Personally though I think it is self indulgent and some classics should not be meddled with and this is one of those.

I didnt say taylor wrote it. He sang it. :rolleyes:

I liked it. It was different and I like that hes a musician.
    Jai & 3D were the weakest imo but now its up to aussies.
  • aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3D's Pound the alarm was amazing - one of their best performances. Hope they get enough votes :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bjkaave wrote: »
    Um, I wouldn't say that Miley has a stronger voice than Dami, but you're right about Whitney, obviously.

No one brought anything like SLAYMANTHA JADE'S version of Heartless, but to be fair, Sammi's version isn't the first reworking of that song ever done, no even on a singing show.
    Sammi's wasn't like ny of the other versions that have been done and it was a real moment anyway, however. I wasn't really expecting anyone to come out and slay like she did that night, so I don feel disappointed because of that.

I didnt say Sammi is the first and only to do that version. I said that no one smashed it like she did. Shes a fantastic singer and performer. Female Matt Cardle in some ways. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aliyah101 wrote: »
    3D's Pound the alarm was amazing - one of their best performances. Hope they get enough votes :(
    Yes, but I thought their first song was weak.
    I find it really hard to tell who will be eliminated.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didnt say Sammi is the first and only to do that version. I said that no one smashed it like she did. Shes a fantastic singer and performer. Female Matt Cardle in some ways. :)

Well Samantha was the first to do the song in that way. Other reworking a have been different to her's (or Guy's, since he would have came up with it). Last year people got their panties in a twist thinking Sammi's version was a rip of of Dia Frampton's from The Voice US. I didn't think the arrangements were anything alike, but I guess some people just see two women singing a Kanye song and jump to conclusions.
    Dia's arrangement was pretty close to The Fray's version anyway...

Um, yeah so I went off on a bit of a tangent here lol...
    Forum Member
    earldbest wrote: »
    A bit early, but so far, Taylor and Dami have one each (from this week) on iTunes.

Well done to each of them. Even though I like Dami, Taylor would be a well deserved winner in my opinion:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bjkaave wrote: »
    Well Samantha was the first to do the song in that way. Other reworking a have been different to her's (or Guy's, since he would have came up with it). Last year people got their panties in a twist thinking Sammi's version was a rip of of Dia Frampton's from The Voice US. I didn't think the arrangements were anything alike, but I guess some people just see two women singing a Kanye song and jump to conclusions.
    Dia's arrangement was pretty close to The Fray's version anyway...

Um, yeah so I went off on a bit of a tangent here lol...

I see. I dont watch The Voice so Im not familiar with their contestants.
    Forum Member
    hannah wrote: »
    After tonights performances I think Taylor will definitely be in the bottom 2 but I hope he doesnt go because for me he has to be this years winner.

I do not think he will be. I think Jai would be more at risk than Taylor to be honest. I would be shocked if Taylor was eliminated before Jai.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After re-watching the clips, I have changed my preference order::D

8. Jainamite
    7. Against All Odds - Taylor
    6. Give Me Everything - 3D
    5. I Won't Give Up - Jai
    4. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Taylor
    3. Saving All My Love - Dami
    2. Pound The Alarm - 3D
    1. Wrecking Ball - Dami

I thought Pound the Alarm was 3D's best performance yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see. I dont watch The Voice so Im not familiar with their contestants.

I don't watch much ofit either, but when I say someone post in a forum accusing Samantha Jade of stealing Dia Frampton's version of Heartless, I looked up the latter's version of YouTube. I found it to be very different from Sammi's performance, so I didn't get the outrage.
    Forum Member
    I am sorry, but in my opinion, Nat and Ronan are being tactial. They don't want Dami to win and still give her bad comments after a good performance:mad:

The judges moan on about Dami playing it safe, when she has taken risks in the competion. She does a good performance, yet still gets bad comments. Shame on those judges:mad:
  • hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do not think he will be. I think Jai would be more at risk than Taylor to be honest. I would be shocked if Taylor was eliminated before Jai.

I hope ur right I would like Jai to go
    Forum Member
    hannah wrote: »
    I hope ur right I would like Jai to go

So would I.:D
  • jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Dami killed both of her performances tonight seriously great. D3 Properly brought it tonight with Pound the Alarm, best performance from them yet! Taylor was okay but both his performances were average at best. wtf was with Jai doing Dynamite? Seriously how that got 4 standing o's I will never freaking know