My dog is sicking up yellow bile

RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It's really starting to scare me. He's a year and a half old. It doesnt happen often but when it does it scares the shit out of me. Anyone have any advice?

Comments

• molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Mollie started doing that it was because she was going too long between meals (fed once a day) so we increased to 3 times a day (split the one meal into 3) and she has been fine as long as we feed her on time. Any delay of an hour or more and she does it again.

Nothing in their tummies to work on was my vet's opinion.
  • xdowxdow Posts: 2,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    molliepops wrote: »
    When Mollie started doing that it was because she was going too long between meals (fed once a day) so we increased to 3 times a day (split the one meal into 3) and she has been fine as long as we feed her on time. Any delay of an hour or more and she does it again.

this was how our older dog was too
  • ejmejm Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This is usually the problem. If it happens in the morning, a bedtime biscuit will usually sort it out. If it carries on and is happening at different times of the day, I would advise a vet visit just to check that it isn't a symptom of anything else.
  • SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member

My older dog was the same, now he has his meal split between breakfast and tea.

I would take the dog to the vets though, just to rule out any kind of infection or obstruction.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    My dog was like this for a few days, back and forth to vet, injections tablets etc. He couldn't even drink water. It was an obstruction (tin foil with chicken in it) stuck in his intestines. By this time he was dying and I was crying my eyes out and shouting at the vet. They operated and he recovered. As he was a lab he continued to scavenge and steal food. I would take pupkins to the vet urgently and have him examined. Listen to your own gut instinct.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My dog does it from time to time, but I think it's when he's been snuffling around in the grass outside, as dogs do.
  • xdowxdow Posts: 2,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my boy has started doing this in the night recently
    he is being underfed (he's on a diet) but at the same time isn't begging for food or lacking in energy or condition.
    he has three meals, breakfast, tea and supper.
    we've given him a slightly larger supper tonight and i've just given him a biscuit treat before i go to sleep, so fingers crossed he'll not bring anything up tonight...
  • topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yep my sis dog does this. she used to feed it twice: early in morning and late at night, the dog was going too long without food thats why the stomach acid comes up

now it has four smaller meals i think and that put a stop to it