Jessie J gangland style all wrong.

i4ui4u Posts: 54,814
Forum Member
Jessie J caught out trying to keep it real?
The “Price Tag” singer told Time Out magazine earlier this week: “I feel a duty to try to combat gun and knife crime and racial attacks because they happened at my school.

But Andy Rehling, headteacher of Mayfield School, Jessie J’s former secondary school, said there had been no knife crime, shootings or gang violence in all the time he had been at the school.

Comments

• zx50zx50 Posts: 91,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who's telling the truth though? I wouldn't put it past a headteacher to lie about something if he/she felt that the school's image was under threat.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Her hearts in the right place but if she's making it up then it's unfair.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure he'd have noticed shootings. It's probably her just trying to distance herself from her middle class roots.
  • SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, she's probably bullchitting.

Why would you feel obliged to get involved in anything just because it happened at your school anyway? (Unless you were personally involved in it). Plus she must have left school like 9 years ago. Grow up, stop trying to appeal to the yoofs.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,814
    Forum Member
    mrcynical wrote: »
    I'm sure he'd have noticed shootings. It's probably her just trying to distance herself from her middle class roots.

It's reported her two sisters were head girls at the school.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trying to give herself an edge but she is mediocre and in a few years time it will all be over...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she is street innit
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    I read that interview and the interviewer asked her about it and she said she never saw anyone get stabbed and that she'd rather not talk about it. She also never said any of the things mentioned happened at her school specifically. Just that she went to that school and around the same time she saw some racial attacks and gang crime. I don't see how that couldn't be plausible.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completely exaggerated nonsense. It's not an area known for gang culture and/or shootings/stabbings. Probably happened once or twice around the area and she's exaggerating to make herself sound more street than she really is
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It hasn't always been the best school, but none of the things she mentions happened.
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jessie seems to be someone well intentioned, but she's in severe need of a reality check. She's one of those artists considered "hot", so the media and everyone around her have been camped permanently up her arse, with no-one daring to point out she's talking bollocks.

Not long ago she was talking about how she was "humbled" by fans copying her shaved head look. She's not the first celeb to mis-use the term "humble", but it's one of those situations where it appears they are trying to be humble, or bigging up their fans, but actually, they are just bragging.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    fairypenny wrote: »
    It hasn't always been the best school, but none of the things she mentions happened.

She didn't say anything happened at the school, just that while she attended the school she saw some things. I'm guessing she used the school as a way to show time frame as she moved from the house she was born in and switched schools so that stuck out in her mind.(I read her autobiography recently. Interesting read.)