Madonna Already Working On Her Next Album!!!

GGzSuxGGzSux Posts: 115
Forum Member
Just been posted on a fansite.

Madonna was interviewed by the Mexican magazine "enough" and during the interview she said that is already working on her next album. The interview will be published tomorrow - 24/11/12

Can't Wait!!! :p

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully she releases an album which doesn't have a gimmicky lead single like her last three albums. She needs to stop trying to reach out to the kids, why would they give a damn about a granny.
  • GGzSuxGGzSux Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    Wow.
    (Sarcastic tone) Who would have thought the first reply would come from yet another ageist who can't just appreciate her while she's still around making music?

I for one will be buying on release date like I always do. She's amazing.
  • RickWhiteRickWhite Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is cool, I shall be looking forward to it
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll wait until the actual source appears but if true I hope its an album of Love Spents and Masterpieces rather than another record in the vein of Turn Up The Radios and Girl Gone Wilds.

Hard Candy and MDNA haven't hit the spot for me. A 3rd below par album on the trott and I will have to question my status as a Queen Madge superfan.

Its time for her to step outside the box again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see her her get back with some of the bods from her early days like Stephen Bray and do some quality pop again.
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news! I think one of the problems with MDNA was that there was too long a gap between it and Hard Candy and that affected its chances for success. Out of sight, out of mind. It was quite unusual for her since she usually releases stuff frequently.
    I'm looking forward to what direction she will go in. I definitely don't want her to recapture the 80's sound like some people want though. What makes her great is she is a forward looking artist and is on to the next thing. I only became a big fan with LAP and so going back to the earlier Stephen Bray sort of sound would not be for me.
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When will she be sent to a nursing home.....she does my head in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it fits in with the fact that the Pussy Riot, Russian Laws, Media etc have really inspired her on the MDNA tour...and i love that she is penning down and mapping out ideas for album 13 already!

Awesome, what i love is that with MDNA as an album its all round solid and great and enough for her to stem out for the next album...she kept it neutral...fanbase/name only promo worldwide and that was it and she sold it on that and went on a tour with that....yet people still got attention of her and she ended up everywhere anyway....so yeah it as a real daring experiment :)

But next time i would love for her to get back to what she is known for...hard Candy is a great record all round and MDNA is too and they are both ON the trend...HC catered towards her earlier sounds and mixed it with contemporary Urban sounds...MDNA catered to the more Pop aspects of her True Blue album as a core and stemmed out different sounds, some much greater than others...but poorly managed singles choices....

Album 13 should really i feel branch out Madonna as the visionary we have seen on the MDNA tour, its still there so i guess that is the most exciting thing about this too...she is already mapping everything out whereas with MDNA she was focused on making W.E much more and needed to exorcise some demons (divorce primarily) but next stage we can see and hear Madonna being MADONNA and showcasing to the world what she can still do and not mainly core fanbase (although that is always slick too)

So yeah will be intrigued as to where she heads next...i would love a new reinvention and direction for Album 13....New sounds, dynamics, exploration and let people follow Madonna again.

Interesting the mention of Stephen Bray and Pat Leonard....i think with William Orbit on MDNA it showed that the magic could not be recreated from Ray Of Light and Music so the feel of Bray will not recreate the visionaries of True Blue nor Like A Prayer. BUT with Leonard i reckon it would be great for a reunion :) but it may not be yet, but damn i would pass out when they do :cool:

But yeah cant wait to hear the full interview about it :) and i take it there will be loads more hints across 2013 :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also (i know me barking on and on but hey) I would love for her to really branch out with more underground songwriters and producers to collaborate with and make a universe with her music again....like when she made names for Bray, Leonard, Pettibone, Betts, Orbit, Mirwais and Price when she pushed them to their best works and vice versa motivated her to create the best possible albums.....like if she worked with Jamie XX (bringing more recognition to The XX and the Alternative Dance.Indie world in Pop rather than Electropop/Club/Dance stuff) or AMon Tobin (a record Producer/Mixer/Writer that has worked with Nine Inch Nails on remixes but never branched out as much...very Alternative Dance/Dark Wave stuff) and you know...Beth Ditto and her band perhaps could do something left-of-centre you know? Just really crank it all up again....and make a new reinvention and image because with MDNA i feel it has been very "neutral" in look and colour and scope...very high fashion/street styles but very neutral....i think we are ready for something really new again :)
  • LMLM Posts: 63,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant

As much as i loved the MDNA era, it seemed to be she wasn't as passionate about it as previous era's. I might be wrong but there was something missing from her in this era.

Anyway, bring it on Madge
  • TheWildHeartTheWildHeart Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    I hope she moves away from the sound of MDNA and doesn't focus too much on trying to appeal to the youth market. I'm sure she has another great album in her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will dispair if its another MDNA/Hard Candy.

I would rather she did a classic album reworking her old hits than another below standard ''current'' album. I always love what she does with the old classics on her tours and would adore an album of song reworkings over an album of Girl Gone Wild style songs.

Though with Kylie and Elton already doing that this year Madonna might be accused of jumping on the bandwagon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    unfortunately, the most exciting thing about a new Madonna albums these days is speculating on what direction she is likely to take.
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She needs to promote the hell of it and at least give the next album a chance. MDNA stood no chance and was just used to promote the tour if anything:( I heard enough on MDNA to convince me she's still got it though (Love Spent, Masterpiece, Beautiful Killer, Falling Free) but she needs to not rush into it. If she does rush it and we get given dross like GMAYL again then that'll convince me that her management have just turned her into a money making machine at the expense of her music
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant

As much as i loved the MDNA era, it seemed to be she wasn't as passionate about it as previous era's. I might be wrong but there was something missing from her in this era.

Anyway, bring it on Madge

She was fiercely passionate about W.E though and that's where her heart was this time. It felt as though MDNA was kind of a side project that she had to do because she had to get new material for a tour
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    She needs to pull away from the MDNA/Hard Candy sound, I doubt she will somehow. Would love her to work with Stephen Bray and Patrick Leonard, she made her best with them in my opinion
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna isn't stupid though. She is easily the cleveriest mind in pop. All her mistakes always end up working in her favour and I'm sure she knows herself that MDNA underperformed and she will know what she has to do in order to correct that. She hasn't lasted four decades without knowing the score. I think on paper MDNA worked. In reality it didn't. This was for a number of different factors, thats what they need to fix for the next release.

13 is Madonna's lucky number. So album 13 might be special to her. I have faith tbh.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TH14 wrote: »
    She was fiercely passionate about W.E though and that's where her heart was this time. It felt as though MDNA was kind of a side project that she had to do because she had to get new material for a tour

I agree and I felt very sorry for her when the film bombed big time. It was a great film
  • GGzSuxGGzSux Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    If she's working on material now, I assume she'll be listening to demos and writing down lyrics.
    I just hope she stays away from current DJ's like Calvin Harris because the charts are mostly full of the same old sh!te anyway...she's beyond all that now.
    I'd rather she took her time and recorded something everybody longs to hear. I love MDNA but we all know she can do better.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any film with her name attached to it will bomb but she's so passionate about movies and I'm sure its a massive regret of hers that she never made it in Hollywood. I think LiveNation wanted a tour out of her because she is on this whooping contract and she knew she had to throw and album out to support the tour but while she was snatching an hour or two for the album her real focus was the film. I think her music suffered because of that and she knows and her management know that this is the case, William Orbit confirmed it. She still produced some fantastic songs though on MDNA and it actually got some great reviews. I have no doubt shes capable of putting another classic out if she is focused on that alone and hasn't got other distractions
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GGzSux wrote: »
    If she's working on material now, I assume she'll be listening to demos and writing down lyrics.
    I just hope she stays away from current DJ's like Calvin Harris because the charts are mostly full of the same old sh!te anyway...she's beyond all that now.

There's a massive vault of music she has which hasn't seen the light of day, maybe she is thinking of re-working some of these songs? I think MDNA was a real rush job and she had to do it because of the tour but I think she will want to take her time and do a proper job with the next album and maybe she has some regrets about how MDNA was handled and thats why she wants to put something out so soon
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly MDNA was utilised so Live Nation could have her on tour and MDNA works with so much material for her to utilise...and it worked very well, as she herself stated so many times she loves making new material for her to perform around the world...and if she had it her way she would make more new material and never have her hits for as long as she could....personally im glad that she doesnt, but it just goes to show she can still run on new music without the tour being a Hits Tour...and im glad that t will be like that for a while yet.

Also yes W.E she spent two years on,MDNA she spent four months on...you know? She got Orbit on board because she knew fans reaction to their previous work together, she got Bennassi on to make her "songs to sweat" she got Solveig on because "he is current, new and has fresh energy" and like she said "she wanted MDNA to speak for itself and to be unapologeticaly happy" So that is what she did.

Whereas here you can tel she is focusing on where to head next, she has so many topics and aspects to take next too...i mean look at the walls she bumped into on the MDNA tour...politics, media, "The Dark Knight RIses SHootings", ageism, reuniting with Jean Paul again, you know...all these songs must stem influence and inspirtation :cool: ANd i cannot wait to hear it...i mean she has so many astounding bodies of work that albums like Hard Candy and MDNA that are enjoyable and very much are "effortlessly made" show that she can achieve so so much more.

And agreed, Love SPent, Beautiful Killer, gang bang, Falling Free, these are songs that showcase her greatness within MDNA...her absurd drive, her emotional expressions, her mind.....its fantastic to branch out with next.

And she still has it in her no need to "re-record hits" never ever look back always moving forward :cool:

Also i would love her to incorporate her Movie dreams and visions into her music and visuals...unite both aspects...it will be very interesting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TH14 wrote: »
    There's a massive vault of music she has which hasn't seen the light of day, maybe she is thinking of re-working some of these songs? I think MDNA was a real rush job and she had to do it because of the tour but I think she will want to take her time and do a proper job with the next album and maybe she has some regrets about how MDNA was handled and thats why she wants to put something out so soon

YES you know i thought that last night...Madonna has so many demos, unreleased songs from the past 30 years that have never been utilised...she could ue these as influence and ideas perhaps...i mean the demos and unreleased songs are strong in their own right...i would love them to be released officially! But still she could take influence from them...i know Devil Wouldnt Recognise You was a demo for some time as was Hollywood ould definitely be interesting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have we actually got the link for this yet though? I won't believe it until I see it.

Wonder what time frame she has in mind for a release. Summer 2013 or Autumn 2013?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have we actually got the link for this yet though? I won't believe it until I see it.

Wonder what time frame she has in mind for a release. Summer 2013 or Autumn 2013?

Well the BRazillian Interviews will be shown and released this weekend so will be conrifmed soon....but there was a snippet where she mentioned it on Madonnarama :)

And tbh i reckon 2013 will be taken out fully and we will see the new album and era in 2014 :)