Call of Duty Ghosts on Xbox One: New Realease Date?

GeeEmGeeEm Posts: 105
Forum Member
Just had an email from amazon to say We have received a new Release date information related to your order.
The item listed will actually be dispatched sooner than we had originally expected.

Call of. Duty ghosts (Xbox one) estimated arrival date 5 November.

Surely it won't come out 2 weeks before the console, or is there a new release date imminent for the Xbox one?

Comments

• dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Presumed this must have been a mistake by Amazon when you first posted it, so ignored it. Its now been confirmed the release date is 5th Nov. Enjoy staring at the box for 2 weeks and tell me how it plays:p
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    It isn't totally unusual for games to be on sale before a console - although it is usually a few days. Gives retailers time to stock a display.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazzy71 wrote: »
    Presumed this must have been a mistake by Amazon when you first posted it, so ignored it. Its now been confirmed the release date is 5th Nov. Enjoy staring at the box for 2 weeks and tell me how it plays:p

Yep! Very strange!!! :confused:

(1st time I've ever seen a game released 2 weeks before the system itself :eek:)
  • GeeEmGeeEm Posts: 105
    Forum Member

I've preordered it on Xbox 360 as well as Xbox one, should get pretty much what I've paid for the 360 version a few weeks later when I sell it, but will be nice knowing that I will have the Xbox one version teady to go on the 22nd:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GeeEm wrote: »
    I've preordered it on Xbox 360 as well as Xbox one, should get pretty much what I've paid for the 360 version a few weeks later when I sell it, but will be nice knowing that I will have the Xbox one version teady to go on the 22nd:D

;) I'm resisting getting 360 version and just getting X1 version when i hopefully get my console on 22nd.

In fact my 360 is going on Ebay soon and my Scuf controller:cry:
    Forum Member
    ;) I'm resisting getting 360 version and just getting X1 version when i hopefully get my console on 22nd.

In fact my 360 is going on Ebay soon and my Scuf controller:cry:

I too shall be selling mine locally probably the weekend before the 22nd, bit peed of that my trusty turtle beach headset will not work on the ONE, so shall be bundling that with a few games to get rid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I too shall be selling mine locally probably the weekend before the 22nd, bit peed of that my trusty turtle beach headset will not work on the ONE, so shall be bundling that with a few games to get rid.

I'm in the same boat with my astros but I read somewhere that MS are bringing out an adapter so current headsets will work on X1 so not sure if want to hang on to your turtle headset
    Forum Member
    I'm in the same boat with my astros but I read somewhere that MS are bringing out an adapter so current headsets will work on X1 so not sure if want to hang on to your turtle headset

Thanks for letting me know, will look around nearer the time for the adaptor.

What games have you got preordered for release day?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for letting me know, will look around nearer the time for the adaptor.

What games have you got preordered for release day?

Well i have the FIFA Day 1 version, Ghosts and Forza pre ordered at game for the extra's.

I will get one more game and waiting to see what gets the best response.

Most looking forward to TitanFall when that comes out.

What are you looking at getting?
    Forum Member
    Well i have the FIFA Day 1 version, Ghosts and Forza pre ordered at game for the extra's.

I will get one more game and waiting to see what gets the best response.

Most looking forward to TitanFall when that comes out.

What are you looking at getting?

Well fifa 14 comes with Xbox one day one edition preorder, have preordered ghosts, might preorder Ryse nearer release day and wanting watchdogs but reckon I might wait till Xmas for that. Hoping to get at least £200 for my xbox360 console and gta5, ghosts, black ops 2.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well fifa 14 comes with Xbox one day one edition preorder, have preordered ghosts, might preorder Ryse nearer release day and wanting watchdogs but reckon I might wait till Xmas for that. Hoping to get at least £200 for my xbox360 console and gta5, ghosts, black ops 2.

Yes Watchdogs is the main one i'm looking at but just waiting on reviews.

Yes £200 sounds fair to me for that. Problem is come November the market is going to be flooded with PS3 and Xbox so unsure how that will impact the price.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes Watchdogs is the main one i'm looking at but just waiting on reviews.

Yes £200 sounds fair to me for that. Problem is come November the market is going to be flooded with PS3 and Xbox so unsure how that will impact the price.

This isnt meant to criticise and I really hope that you get what you want for your console but I share the above posters concern as £200 for the second hand console and those games that while they all are AAA titles, are games that pretty much everyone bought on day of release or shortly after.

I work in Game and are overflowing with XBOX/PS3's, and people are making enquires all the time about what we are currently offering for consoles (getting a bit annoying to be truthful!)

If its any help we will be offering a trade in scheme in from launch for money off next gen console by trading in your current gen with even more money off if you trade in x number of games with it. (always felt like it was selling your soul...probably not far from the truth) but this is based on what type of Xbox360 (original/slim/special edition/type of chip set) PS3 (original/slim/newer slimmer model),

We are due to be briefed in the next few days about the maximum discount we are allowed to give but early indications are £50 - £150 max depending on age/quality/type number of games etc

Word of advice, dont even bother getting your hopes up for much extra cash by bundling a Kinect with your console! those things are practically worthless!

Your best bet IMO would be either sell right now and use the fact GTA v is hard to get as a bargin chip to get more cash for your bundle or try e-bay (bit risky unless you set a reserve/buy it now)

Hope you get what you want.
    Forum Member
    This isnt meant to criticise and I really hope that you get what you want for your console but I share the above posters concern as £200 for the second hand console and those games that while they all are AAA titles, are games that pretty much everyone bought on day of release or shortly after.

I work in Game and are overflowing with XBOX/PS3's, and people are making enquires all the time about what we are currently offering for consoles (getting a bit annoying to be truthful!)

If its any help we will be offering a trade in scheme in from launch for money off next gen console by trading in your current gen with even more money off if you trade in x number of games with it. (always felt like it was selling your soul...probably not far from the truth) but this is based on what type of Xbox360 (original/slim/special edition/type of chip set) PS3 (original/slim/newer slimmer model),

We are due to be briefed in the next few days about the maximum discount we are allowed to give but early indications are £50 - £150 max depending on age/quality/type number of games etc

Word of advice, dont even bother getting your hopes up for much extra cash by bundling a Kinect with your console! those things are practically worthless!

Your best bet IMO would be either sell right now and use the fact GTA v is hard to get as a bargin chip to get more cash for your bundle or try e-bay (bit risky unless you set a reserve/buy it now)

Hope you get what you want.

Thanks for the advice, been thinking over the past few weeks that I will just keep the 360 now and use it for netflix, sky etc in the bedroom. There will also be plenty of decent games coming out for the 360 that won't be on the ONE. Have already got the money saved for the ONE so don't really need to trade the 360 in to fund it now anyway and if I sell the games then that's more money towards future ONE games.