Olympics started 3000 years ago !

BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This is what happened on twitter when an American broadcaster mentioned this fact.

I wish I could embed pictures, you'll just to load the jpg, prepare yourself......

http://i.minus.com/iAzASPnShhwve.jpg

Comments

• JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,656
    Forum Member
    :D

Are they all real!?

Never cease to be amazed by people's stupidity.
  • jaek123456jaek123456 Posts: 8,410
    Forum Member
    And I give you the brains of America XD
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joooe wrote: »

Are they all real!?

Same as the people asking about Prince Henry and why was french being spoken
  • Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,596
    Forum Member

Are they all real!?

Indeed now i now why it's called Twitter with emphasis on the twit.:D
  • dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member

Are they all real!?

jaek123456 wrote: »
    And I give you the brains of America XD

OMG!! Can't you tell a pee take? Clue: check the tweets with #I'mafu@@ingdumbass or #Mongol
  • Stone_JonesStone_Jones Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    And the US basketball Olympic team has been winning the basketball event for 3000 years. :p
  • bychancebychance Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Wow! Twitter really does expose the most clueless of people. Related to the Olympics, I saw some tweets asking why there were so many Black people in Brazil. Remember how many people on Twitter didn't know the Titanic was real?
  • alexjones50alexjones50 Posts: 3,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well technically the olympics DID start around 3000 years ago, they were in ancient greece, though they were very different to what they are now, they went away for a couple of thousand years though and came back at the end of the 19th century.
  • lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twitter... Full of Hipsters... Not a brain between them... Now THAT'S alternative for you.
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    well technically the olympics DID start around 3000 years ago, they were in ancient greece, though they were very different to what they are now, they went away for a couple of thousand years though and came back at the end of the 19th century.
    Well where did they go then? Somewhere like the outback of Australia where no one could find them? They couldn't just go away to nowhere. We need to be told these things dammit. :mad:
  • bobbydbobbyd Posts: 3,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't fault their maths though.
  • alexjones50alexjones50 Posts: 3,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizzbin wrote: »
    Well where did they go then? Somewhere like the outback of Australia where no one could find them? They couldn't just go away to nowhere. We need to be told these things dammit. :mad:

well they just simply didn't take place, since the romans banned them, it was only reinstated by some frenchman in 1896.