Regeneration From 11th To 12th Doctor Thoughts

rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was watching the 9th & 10th doctors regenerations the other day & wondered if it's time to do it outside the tardis or in a different location.

How do you want the 11th doctor to regenerate ??

In the tardis ??
A quick sudden death ??

Interesting to hear others thoughts on how you want the 11th to bow out.

Nothing against matt smith he's great but he's closer to the end of his time as the doctor than the beginning.

Comments

• CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see the regeneration look like something different from the 'shooting fire' effect, but I suppose there's not much chance of that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really care where it is, but I just hope his goodbye is something along the lines of "we are all just stories in he end/I think I'll skip the rest of the rewind" back in the Big Bang rather than what 10s was like.
  • mostimitatedmostimitated Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Regeneration while running has to happen
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like what they did in the Classic Series; The Doctor, defeated and battered, lying on the floor.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    rhynoGB wrote: »
    I& wondered if it's time to do it outside the tardis or in a different location.

Well we nearly did see that happen at the start of Series 6, where he started the regeneration in the desert.
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I like the idea of a running regeneration.

But still, something more dignifying akin to Eccleston than overblown like Tennant, and I'll be happy. Having been the only two live regenerations I've seen so far, the difference in quality and approach astounded me :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the idea of a running regeneration.

But still, something more dignifying akin to Eccleston than overblown like Tennant, and I'll be happy. Having been the only two live regenerations I've seen so far, the difference in quality and approach astounded me :eek:

You didn't think Tennant's regeneration had quiet dignity and grace? ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love him to be outside....having a laugh with with Clara/River (actually River would be bloody perfect to be honest)...to which he then takes a shot to the back from NOWHERE..setting it off

We need one that we don't expect..half way through a series or something
  • rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We need one that we don't expect..half way through a series or something

it's keeping it secret that would be the problem..imagine if it just happened 3 episodes into a series & nobody knew..

film 2 scenes & show the other 1 at the press screenings before hand so they didn't have a clue
  • jellyfish7jellyfish7 Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    Well, they now have footage of a matt smith regeneration . Maybe they'll superimpose the lake silencio one into another scene and even matt smith wouldn't know it was coming!!! :D

(not that i want him to go i must add.. Genius doctor..)
  • thorrthorr Posts: 2,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A slow, drawn out regeneration, with it looking like it may have failed and the dr is dying midway through.
  • PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want Eleven to really go through the mill leading up to his regeneration and for him to be completely defeated. Whilst I'd like him to be a bit down about it, I certainly don't want something akin to Ten where the final part of the episode is him wallowing. Show him a little upset but have him hopeful for what is to come next. Someone posted a thread about him regenerating in a space suit as he crashes to Earth; now that would just be epic!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Piipp wrote: »
    I want Eleven to really go through the mill leading up to his regeneration and for him to be completely defeated. Whilst I'd like him to be a bit down about it, I certainly don't want something akin to Ten where the final part of the episode is him wallowing. Show him a little upset but have him hopeful for what is to come next. Someone posted a thread about him regenerating in a space suit as he crashes to Earth; now that would just be epic!

Random Earth person: 'The aliens have landed!'

The Doctor: 'Take me to your mirror.'
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rhynoGB wrote: »
    IHow do you want the 11th doctor to regenerate ??

When it's time for the 11th Doctor to regenerate, it's only fitting that it should be with some of his companions around him, so that he can say geronimo as he likes saying that word:D The umbrella could play a part, a bit like Mary Poppins:D
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't really mind, but I do hope they keep the energy burst visual effect. I think it's a brilliant idea and I like that they've decided to keep regenerations consistent- it sort of makes the whole idea slightly more believable as a natural process inherent to a species.
  • Philip_LambPhilip_Lamb Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    I`d like it to be a decently dramatic cause for regeneration as opposed to Ecclestones and Tennants, both poisoned by radiation. I`d like it to be be a decent cause too, not saving a geriatric who`ll be wormfood in a week anyway.
  • ShevkShevk Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I`d like it to be be a decent cause too, not saving a geriatric who`ll be wormfood in a week anyway.

The strongest moment of "The End of Time" for me is when the meaning of "He will knock four times" dawns on the Doctor. I loved the fact that he would not consider any alternative to dying to preserve the life of Wilf

If morals and character define heroism, then I don't think the Doctor could ever have a more heroic death.
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrfipp wrote: »
    I like what they did in the Classic Series; The Doctor, defeated and battered, lying on the floor.
    thorr wrote: »
    A slow, drawn out regeneration, with it looking like it may have failed and the dr is dying midway through.
    Piipp wrote: »

Any or all of these! And keep the current effect, maybe tweak it a little bit but nothing too different.
  • VabosityVabosity Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shevk wrote: »
    The strongest moment of "The End of Time" for me is when the meaning of "He will knock four times" dawns on the Doctor. I loved the fact that he would not consider any alternative to dying to preserve the life of Wilf

If morals and character define heroism, then I don't think the Doctor could ever have a more heroic death.

Five regenerating into Six in order to save Peri's life was just as heroic.
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    I`d like it to be a decently dramatic cause for regeneration as opposed to Ecclestones and Tennants, both poisoned by radiation. I`d like it to be be a decent cause too, not saving a geriatric who`ll be wormfood in a week anyway.
    That's normal. Pertwee died that way too, and only the two Bakers died in battle (and both against other Time Lords).
    1>2: Exhaustion and old age
    2>3: Forced
    3>4: Radioactivity
    4>5: Severe injuries from a fall while foiling one of the Master's schemes
    5>6: Poisoned
    6>7: TARDIS crash landing due to attack by the Rani
    7>8: Died on the operating table after getting shot
    8>9: Crippled in the attack which destroyed the Time Lords and Daleks
    9>10: Absorbed time energy
    10>11: Radioactivity
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it should be like that scene in Pulp Fiction, when Vincent accidentally shoots Marvin in the face.
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    I think it would be quite neat if Eleven was to cross paths with Twelve, leading to the events which would cause the former Doctor to regenerate into the latter. This would be especially effective if it was all kept under wraps until the very end (not that there's much chance of that happening, mind you). It would also give us a proper glimpse of Twelve before he became the current Doctor, and bring his era full circle with Smith's. :)
  • Philip_LambPhilip_Lamb Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    JAS84 wrote: »
    That's normal. Pertwee died that way too, and only the two Bakers died in battle (and both against other Time Lords).
    1>2: Exhaustion and old age
    2>3: Forced
    3>4: Radioactivity
    4>5: Severe injuries from a fall while foiling one of the Master's schemes
    5>6: Poisoned
    6>7: TARDIS crash landing due to attack by the Rani
    7>8: Died on the operating table after getting shot
    8>9: Crippled in the attack which destroyed the Time Lords and Daleks
    9>10: Billie Pipers bad breath
    10>11: Locked in a cubicle Wilf farted in

Seriously though Nines death was a disappointment to me. An episode with the daleks, I`m thinking for all they`re supposed to be his mortal enemy, they`ve never killed him. This`ll make them seem that little bit more dangerous. And in the end up he died due to a gimmick thingamebob.

And then for tens death, it was so hyped up for the return of the master, then the time lords came back, even though they`d went from a technologically like Gods to consulting goat entrails, it was exciting. Would the master killed the doctor again? Would he die in battle with the time lords? No he`d survive and die the exacts same way as his previous incarnation. His body knackered by too much energy. If he`d taken a bullet for Wilf or something fine. But it was a crappy tacked on thing.
    They might as well have just had the doctor take part in a hold your wee for a wii contest and die for drinking too much water.
  • ShevkShevk Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vabosity wrote: »
    Five regenerating into Six in order to save Peri's life was just as heroic.

Similar to Nine and Rose. I still think though that the heroism of the self-sacrifice is strengthened by having the saved party as a octogenarian far nearer the end of his 'natural lifespan' - all life is sacred etc.
  • Hendo9Hendo9 Posts: 1,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst it'd be great to have an 'outside' regeneration, they just wont do it as the filming of it would be seen by the people who go to watch, and no doubt spoilt by one of those/one of the many journalists who'd be there